Premium Format Sideshow Psylocke PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Psylocke PF.. Order now, link to buy in 1st post. Support the board!.

I think it would be sweet if Sideshow sold a base that would allow you to put all 4 together like that on one base. I believe that they all have a single peg holding them up, so I wouldn’t think it would be too much of a problem with alignment. Possibly Colossus might have 2 pegs, but I can’t tell from the pictures. I know if they have 2 pegs you run into problems with alignment from statue to statue but with only single peg it should be easy. I would pay to have a base that holds all four like that.

It'd be nice but I'd rather have the whole set first before I did that

Man the xmen line is turning out sweet!! Its gonna be really hard to collect the set down the road, look how hard and expensive it is to get all the TMNT statues set!

Man the xmen line is turning out sweet!! Its gonna be really hard to collect the set down the road, look how hard and expensive it is to get all the TMNT statues set!

really? i always see people selling them in the marketplace...

I think new EX is def better and I like both regulars equally. Maybe the older regular would have been nicer since it is more different than the new EX.

At least SS posted pictures of what will be arriving. Like several others, I would have been upset to get the new portraits without warning.

I'm not sure why SS decided to make these changes to the portraits. I loved the original EX. That was very Psylocke for me, from the Jim Lee runs where I first started picking up X-Men. It had lots of attitude that I liked. The new portrait...she's either sucking on a lemon or doing a Zoolander "Blue Steel". And the regular...wasn't a huge fan before, still not thrilled.

Going to be thinking now whether or not I really need this, which is really disheartening given that I couldn't wait to order the EX when it came up.

The original EX is what i'm missing - that was very Jim Lee and I loved it.

Boo that they changed it!

I like the new sculpts more

Because they are far better than the old ones :lecture

I think people who prefer the old ones are being deceived by the lighting, which is too bright to show how awesome these new sculpts are

Yeah the original EX head just had so much attitude & aggression. Something that is always lacking when it comes to female statues. I do like how the tone down the crease around her neck.

I'm kinda irritated right now that Sideshow switched out the EX head so late in the game without us getting to see what we are really buying. Had I known this I would've just preordered the regular version from my LHS instead.

The new EX head is so exaggerated and is laughable. I feel like I was a victim of bait & switch!! Please change it back Sideshow!

2000_joaquin_phoenix_gladiator.jpg

I like the new Reg just as much, the EX head not as much. My complaint is the neck line. They should have kept the original outfit or altered it to better match the sculpted cloth part of the new necks better. It's even more awkward now.

3001171_press03-001.jpg

Compared to the PFs from other licenses many Marvel PFs are being done sloppier, not just in paint but in the executions. No piece will satisfy everyone, but other PFs seem to have more thought put into the cloth applications and overall designs. I'm being more selective about what I need to preorder for the EX and what I can skip the EX for and just wait.

For me:

Old regular head > New regular head > Old EX head > New EX head

Let's just wait and see how it looks when they start shipping. IMO due to recent pf the pics dont mean much to me ergo Rouge and Ultron.

Sent from my iPhone please excuse any typos

Back