Premium Format Sideshow Psylocke PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Psylocke PF.. Link to waitlist & buy in 1st post. Support the board!.

The paint on mine is cracking. It was perfect when I got it. I took the piece outside for the photos, and the piece literally began to crack more and more in front of me as I took photos. I think the factory put too much hardener in the paint, and any change in the resin temperature, which causes it to expand or contract, is causing the paint to crack. The hardener removes the natural elasticity of the paint. All this to say it isn't necessarily a 'lack of primer' issue, but a bad mix of paint.

That sucks, so what will you do? Ask for replacement body or a refund?

Is ss gonna solve this paint problem? At least get all the body back and repaint it. How we gonna display her if it's gonna crack?

I'm still puzzled by where all the cracks are? They are relatively all in the same area.

That sucks, so what will you do? Ask for replacement body or a refund?

I think they should recall them. It's not just the body, the base is completely covered in cracks now. It looked structurally flawless when I first received it, aside from the general paint job flaws.

I sent an email, we'll see how Sideshow handles it.

So it looks like the portraits and hands don't suffer from the same cracking problem. Is this correct?

I have asked to be put on the waitlist for the base and body. Hopefully the other parts are fine.

darren, do you want to bet that the face paint doesn't crack later on? Don't know that I want to take that chance. They took back all the Stealth Iron Man statues and fixed them... why not Psylocke?

darren, do you want to bet that the face paint doesn't crack later on? Don't know that I want to take that chance. They took back all the Stealth Iron Man statues and fixed them... why not Psylocke?

No I wouldn't bet on it. But it seems like everyone is only getting the body replaced. The portraits will no doubt crack in the future if they painted it the same as the body. I haven't seen a cracked portrait yet so I was just wondering if this was a problem limited to the body.

I'm calling ssc tomorrow on changing my WL on the body replacement to an entire replacement. This is going to SSC a lot of money just like the fiasco with Thanos & Rogue.

I'm calling ssc tomorrow on changing my WL on the body replacement to an entire replacement. This is going to SSC a lot of money just like the fiasco with Thanos & Rogue.

thats not a bad idea. im debating if i should just do a ultimatum...either give me a replacement with a new paint job done properly or i will just return for full refund. can't hurt to ask and if they say no, then i just return it...fine with me. i like her but with the hassle, she's really not worth it to me to keep up the headache.

thats not a bad idea. im debating if i should just do a ultimatum...either give me a replacement with a new paint job done properly or i will just return for full refund. can't hurt to ask and if they say no, then i just return it...fine with me. i like her but with the hassle, she's really not worth it to me to keep up the headache.

I think we have all been dealing with to many headaches lately. I admit I am to lazy to call them a second time about the cracks on the base.

Just looked at this statue again, I don't think I want a full refund for my EX, she is so good. I hope Sideshow will fix the issue.

Yea she is so nice to pass, but ss have to fix the problem, why there is so many problem after I collect ss, or it happen like this when thr company start? I don't think ss will give me replacement maybe just full refund.

Man I have not checked this thread in a while. I walk past her every day as she is in small room upstairs. She is not covered. Never gets direct sunlight. Air Temp fluctuates upstairs between 55-95 since I received her. I live in the Bay Area (Nor Cal) so humidity is not an issue. Im wondering why this is happening to some people and not others.

I need to check my Regular version which is a low number (#25) and see how its holding up being stored away.

Dude I display her in a room never have sun light. It crack!! I have call ss and they need the pics to see if I can get replacement .
I think they know it's their problem.

:slap i have to check mine again. I put her back in the box since i got her, i will just display her for now till i get my replacement :gah:

Man I have not checked this thread in a while. I walk past her every day as she is in small room upstairs. She is not covered. Never gets direct sunlight. Air Temp fluctuates upstairs between 55-95 since I received her. I live in the Bay Area (Nor Cal) so humidity is not an issue. Im wondering why this is happening to some people and not others.

I need to check my Regular version which is a low number (#25) and see how its holding up being stored away.

Same here, I'll have to have a gander here in a minute.

Ski

I'm going to have to check on mine as well I have her packed up in the box because I don't have the room to display her. This is really frightening to know that something like this can happen to and expensive collectible.

I'm going to have to check on mine as well I have her packed up in the box because I don't have the room to display her. This is really frightening to know that something like this can happen to and expensive collectible.

Yes they screwed up big time. :slap btw anyone convert on the ex yet who did not get one? I'm still on there waiting.

Hey. New Premium Format collector here. Started with Cyclops, Rogue, and Psylocke after walking past the display at SDCC 2011. I was so impressed, i needed to get into this hobby. Now I need to go back and find Gambit and Wolverine...

Here is my Psylocke that came in this past Sunday.

1337644002287.jpg

Here is the Group shot.

13376448051251.jpg

And this is what my new showroom looks like, since adding my first three Sideshow statues to my action figure and final fantasy play arts collection.

1337643690908.jpg

1337643562126.jpg

So yeah, I have like.. the Sideshow flu. I feel like getting the captain America and Thor premium formats to lol. But first, I gotta track down that wolverine and Gambit... thinking about sabretooth... and already pre-ordered the colossus and storm.

Back