Premium Format Sideshow Psylocke PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys. First post in a long, long time.

So I walked into my collectibles room the other day and I noticed my Psylocke PF had the infamous paint-cracks/chips on her right leg that people were initially complaining about. I am 100% sure that my statue did not have the paint defects when I received it and displayed it. (I remember people mentioning it here and thus I inspected my piece to make sure I didn't get a defective one.) Nonetheless, the paint cracks somehow magically appeared sometime within the last month.

Apparently the paint quality on this piece is pretty craptacular. This has only ever happened to one other SS piece I own (the base of the Classic Iron Man Comiquette.) Anyways, I contacted SS and they gave me the standard choice of 1 of 3 options since they claim there are no replacement pieces left:
1- $50 credit for in-stock items or...
2- $45 refund on original purchase price or...
3- Full refund on figure and pre-paid return shipping.

Since this is probably my least favorite of the X-Men PF's, I just went with option #3. (if I was ever force to resell the item the crack would likely reduce the selling price by more than $50 bucks.)

I doubt that you'll even be the last one to get the cracks form this late into it. It's quite unfortunate.
I'm glad mine formed the cracks so soon after release/receiving it, and I was able to get a replacement.
Anyone that would try to buy one now would have to make sure the original owner had gotten a replacement body to completely ensure that theirs won't have this happen. Granted, I'm sure that there are quite a few from the first batch that won't get the cracks.
ink, no need to post that yours is still perfect... we know. :lol

I doubt that you'll even be the last one to get the cracks form this late into it. It's quite unfortunate.
I'm glad mine formed the cracks so soon after release/receiving it, and I was able to get a replacement.
Anyone that would try to buy one now would have to make sure the original owner had gotten a replacement body to completely ensure that theirs won't have this happen. Granted, I'm sure that there are quite a few from the first batch that won't get the cracks.
ink, no need to post that yours is still perfect... we know. :lol

So you are jedah kalm afterall :lol

Was wondering how long it would take for someone to (or even if anyone would ever) recognize me.
Wasn't sure if I even made a dent in anyone's memory.

Was wondering how long it would take for someone to (or even if anyone would ever) recognize me.
Wasn't sure if I even made a dent in anyone's memory.

What ever happened to you? Why did you change your forum name? :wave

Yep, still here. :wave

129050298853877741.jpg

Sorry to hear that Thomas. Is it to late to ask SS for a replacement? Even if it is, I would still contact SS though, the amount these things cost you expect them to last longer than 1 or 2 years

Sideshow should re-make those defect statues like Rogue, Psylocke and Spider-woman PFs if they have any conscience at all.

That's just how I feel as a collector.

Back