Sideshow Premium Art Prints Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Announcing new Premium Art Prints collection

I thought he hand signs all his prints...... the description says it's hand signed by him unless it's another print you're referring to

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/universal-monsters-universal-monsters-alex-ross-art-500581/

Yes, those are the ones I'm talking about. I can only imagine them being hand signed is what is holding them up. So, if its a Ross print, or someone else that is popular and busy, they might take a while to ship waiting on those signatures. In the end, yeah, its awesome to have them actually signed by the artist, but in the short term, its going to slow things down for some prints.

I like the Universal Monster prints but can't get myself to spend that much money on them. There are so many things coming out that I'm having to pick and choose, and unfortunately some things just can't make the cut.

I would’ve gotten the whole set in canvas framed but DC and Marvel comes first for me.

The black panther hand-signed print by Marvel's visual development is still open for both framed and unframed. @ 250, I thought this would be gone by now. What happened?

It's a $35 increase for this print I think cause this is a special print from the marvel's visual dept and hand-signed. I hope all subsequent prints are still $90, but probably not if they will all be signed now.

If the Black Panther print was a quick sell out then I think they'd probably keep the $125 price. Hopefully, they'll stick with $90 whether they're signed or not. Knowing Sideshow though, they'll creep the print prices up more and more as long as they eventually sell.

I don't know about that. Been waiting since October for the Universal Monster prints and just got another delay notice today. Guess Alex Ross is a bit busy to hand sign 800 prints :lol

Might just cancel them at this point. So I wouldn't say hand signed is necessarily a good thing if the print is done by a popular and busy artist. Pretty soon these will be a year out just like all the figures and statues now.

Well just agree to disagree on this one. I won't even buy prints that have fake signatures so I would much rather wait a long period of time and receive a print with a real signature than not having the option to buy that print at all. I day one pre order most of my Sideshow statues so I usually don't receive those statues for at least 10+ months after I put the NRD down. Waiting a few months to ensure getting a print with a real signature is just not a big deal by comparison, at least not for me.

And considering that set of Ross prints is honestly one of the nicest sets of digital prints I have seen to date...well, that would just make that wait just that much less of a big deal. Part of me will regret not buying that set of prints for as long as I live as I am a HUGE fan of the Universal classic monster films and those prints truly are brilliant prints. Unfortunately, I just had way too much on pre order and had spent way too much money on other things over the last 6-8 months to be able to make that purchase.

And I wouldn't worry about the price for Sideshow's prints going up, at least not the prints they produce themselves. They are already making an absolute killing on their prints at the $90 level (a massive understatement) so any raise in pricing at this point would just be a move that reeked of pure greed and I have no doubt that Sideshow would lose a decent number of thier print customers as a result. If they do raise pricing, it would without question be one of the single dumbest moves Sideshow has made to date and since I don't think the people in charge at Sideshow are dumb, I just don't believe that they are raising the prices.

I think every pf from now is going to get an art print.

Blog pics are ww, batman and superman. Batman has trunks. Maybe statue also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1125x682_previewbanner_BatmanPrint.jpg
1125x682_previewbanner_SupermanPrint.jpg
1125x1250_previewbanner_WWPrint.jpg

I'm liking these prints a lot, is good how they're not trying to copy the pose of the statues exactly but just complements each other

I've never purchased a Sideshow print before, closest thing I have would be a QMX back to the future print on 100-lb, satin-finish paper.

I was really unhappy with that as it looked no different to the usual 24 x 36" run of the mill movie posters yet was priced at about four times as much.

I'm keen on picking up one of Olivia's pieces like a Hela, Wonder Woman or Harley or a Thanos Variant that are readily available but am having a hard time justifying the $140 AUD for Thanos or $300 for a hand signed Olivia print that will require framing, sight unseen.

Don't mean to offend anybody but are these just seen as a cash grab from Sideshow to target collectors that own an accompanying statue? I know everything is relative, but would you guys buy these prints if you didn't already purchase the statue?

I've never purchased a Sideshow print before, closest thing I have would be a QMX back to the future print on 100-lb, satin-finish paper.

I was really unhappy with that as it looked no different to the usual 24 x 36" run of the mill movie posters yet was priced at about four times as much.

I'm keen on picking up one of Olivia's pieces like a Hela, Wonder Woman or Harley or a Thanos Variant that are readily available but am having a hard time justifying the $140 AUD for Thanos or $300 for a hand signed Olivia print that will require framing, sight unseen.

Don't mean to offend anybody but are these just seen as a cash grab from Sideshow to target collectors that own an accompanying statue? I know everything is relative, but would you guys buy these prints if you didn't already purchase the statue?

Yes, I just love the art. I have a lot of these from SS without the statue, so just gotta have an admiration for art and these characters.

Back