Sideshow Premium Art Prints Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Announcing new Premium Art Prints collection

This is the first print I'm actually considering. Maybe I'll get unframed because I don't display them.

Instabuy if it was signed
Seriously? These aren't signed or numbered? Does Sideshow understand the concept behind art prints? If these are unsigned and numbered they are just posters. If that's the case I'll just get high-rez scans, mount a flat screen and put these into a slideshow.

I should sell the art prints from all my old PFs when they used to be packaged in. I need to see what those go for.

This is the first print I'm actually considering. Maybe I'll get unframed because I don't display them.

Seriously? These aren't signed or numbered? Does Sideshow understand the concept behind art prints? If these are unsigned and numbered they are just posters. If that's the case I'll just get high-rez scans, mount a flat screen and put these into a slideshow.

I should sell the art prints from all my old PFs when they used to be packaged in. I need to see what those go for.

They're numbered but not actually signed by the artist. Sideshow has a robot sign them--it copies the artist signature so it looks like the artist signed them. That's what makes it difficult for me to spend the money on these prints unless I absolutely love the art. I like this print but not $90 like it.

I agree, robo signatures aren't worth it. They charge $90/per and can't get it hand signed. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if most companies do it this way now. My son buys signed and numbered video game prints from Mass Effect and some dragon game. Those are probably robosigned as well, but they do go up in value.

Yeah, these are basically glorified posters. $90 for these is a huge ripoff... Anyone paying that much is a total sucker.

I agree, robo signatures aren't worth it. They charge $90/per and can't get it hand signed. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if most companies do it this way now. My son buys signed and numbered video game prints from Mass Effect and some dragon game. Those are probably robosigned as well, but they do go up in value.

Dragon Age?

if anything, the robo signatures should devalue a print.

They're numbered but not actually signed by the artist. Sideshow has a robot sign them--it copies the artist signature so it looks like the artist signed them. That's what makes it difficult for me to spend the money on these prints unless I absolutely love the art. I like this print but not $90 like it.

Just got to pick and choose the ones you really like. I agree 90$ is steep, but there are some really nice looking ones they make so buying one once in awhile is ok with me.

Just got to pick and choose the ones you really like. I agree 90$ is steep, but there are some really nice looking ones they make so buying one once in awhile is ok with me.

They do have some really nice prints. People are going to buy what they like, and it's not like I haven't bought any of these. I bought the Artgerm prints because I like his art. Luckily I was able to have him sign some of them at SDCC. I've bought a couple Olivia ones since they come signed. I just wish Sideshow would go that extra mile and get them all signed by the artists. They would end up selling more of these and the cost of getting the prints to the artist to sign wouldn't eat into their profit that much--especially considering they could up the ES back to what they used to be. There's not one print that would be in stock on their site if these were actually signed.

$90 is pretty close to the market rate

no it's not. artists sell prints at ons or via their websites, signed, for $15-20. They're usually smaller, but Mark Brooks sells 17x22" prints which are more comparable to the sideshow prints for $30

no it's not. artists sell prints at ons or via their websites, signed, for $15-20. They're usually smaller, but Mark Brooks sells 17x22" prints which are more comparable to the sideshow prints for $30

Much...much different quality than the ones in Cons my friend...

Much...much different quality than the ones in Cons my friend...

Totally.. the 18x24 size and quality of the 100% acid free 300GSM museo rag and the archival inks is way beyond what is sold at cons or on artists web sites for $30.

If you're looking at the cheaper ones, sure. If you want good Con prints, look at Jerry Vanderstelt or Chris Trevas, among many others. Jerry uses some of the best paper I've seen.

$90 is pretty close to the market rate

Not really. Unless things have grossly increased in the last year, limited edition hand signed prints go for about $50 each.

I know artists Adam Hughes and J Scott Campbell sell their 13x19 limited edition, hand-signed prints for $50 each (and I'm not talking about the cheap 11x17 con prints).

Not sure if mentioned, but Phoenix art print UNFRAMED is up for sale now. Earlier this morning I only saw the framed version for sale.

Lol would this look weird if I displayed it with my XM Phoenix? Don't plan on getting the new PF but I like the art print a lot!

I ordered her, It's a great looking print. Compliments the statue in a great way.

Back