Sideshow Premium Art Prints Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Announcing new Premium Art Prints collection

Because aftermarket

But what's the aftermarket matter if you don't want it? Both posts sound like they'd decided to cancel and just didn't.

I'm thinking about cancelling the ones I've got ordered. While they are nice, they just aren't $100 nice IMO. There are other things I'd rather get that have popped up. I've been trying to sell the WW print I have but no one's interested at all. The value sure isn't there if you want to sell them later on with the ES bumps.

I'm thinking about cancelling the ones I've got ordered. While they are nice, they just aren't $100 nice IMO. There are other things I'd rather get that have popped up. I've been trying to sell the WW print I have but no one's interested at all. The value sure isn't there if you want to sell them later on with the ES bumps.

I just received a call for customs and taxes and it'll be $29.93 Canadian! :horror I was hoping it'd actually get by without it, as that's sometimes the case with items close to $100...the shipping brought it up to $115 US from Sideshow, so these being added on really drove up the price. Converting it all to Canadian and this one print cost roughly $175. And that's before I get it framed.

Ouch. Well that knocks me out of the print game now! :lol I'm more than happy to settle for the $10-$15 prints I pick up at comic cons, even though I know the quality is vastly superior in these prints from Sideshow. Definitely can't swing $350 per!

So apparently the fact they didn't send a charge notice for the DD ones was a system error. I was just on live chat to ask about the Supes print.

"Sideshow Agali: Unfortunately we do not have an exact date for the Superman Print, but we will make sure to send out an arrival notice before hand.
It was a system error that the one for the daredevil was not sent, but we will make sure it does not happen again."

I guess my question can go to you as well: why not cancel before the month it's set to ship in? Or as soon as you decided? I tossed the idea of cancelling Superman back and forth for a few days last month and then just decided I wanted to put the money elsewhere so I cancelled. Just curious why people wouldn't cancel and just let it sit there if they decided they didn't want it.

I was still deciding if I would be able to afford it or not. Since I got notice yesterday that Xm wolverine is coming I was going to cancel a few things but Sideshow just decided to post the print out to me without any notice

I guess my question can go to you as well: why not cancel before the month it's set to ship in? Or as soon as you decided? I tossed the idea of cancelling Superman back and forth for a few days last month and then just decided I wanted to put the money elsewhere so I cancelled. Just curious why people wouldn't cancel and just let it sit there if they decided they didn't want it.
I like to know when someone is taking money out of my account. I want to keep it, but it's the principle of the whole thing.

Because aftermarket
It has nothing to do with the aftermarket. I ordered the print because I wanted to hang it on my wall.

I was still deciding if I would be able to afford it or not. Since I got notice yesterday that Xm wolverine is coming I was going to cancel a few things but Sideshow just decided to post the print out to me without any notice
Not cool man.

I like to know when someone is taking money out of my account. I want to keep it, but it's the principle of the whole thing.

I agree! Just sounded like you had no desire to keep it and just hadn't cancelled. From their side looks like it was a glitch, though I guess it's too much of a hassle to contact people and let them know that since it'll already be arriving to people in the next couple of days.

Hopefully it won't happen again, and hopefully you'll enjoy the piece once it arrives (as it sounds like you want to keep it, right? (Maybe I misunderstood that again! :lol) I'm excited to go and get a custom frame for the first time, but it's definitely hitting my wallet a lot harder than I expected!

Makes sense there...I guess I was just confused with how close it was to release with that still being decided and was just curious. I actually forgot they gave you a heads up when things were shipping! I haven't received anything from them since the Big Chap LSB, so I guess I just expected it to ship when it was ready! :) I'm sure you'll have no trouble selling it though! It's definitely an extra effort now, but I'm sure it won't last too long. Grats on Wolverine!

Ah FedEx...out for delivery at noon, will deliver by 8pm, back at local facility come 7:30pm...such champs! :slap

I'll take UPS over Fed Ex any day

Yeah, we used to have a good FedEx guy come around, but they've been really hit or miss lately. UPS has been pretty solid though! Regular driver, always nice.

Not when it comes to international shipping. FedEx is #1 prefer method of shipping from me.

Not when it comes to international shipping. FedEx is #1 prefer method of shipping from me.

UPS does have terrible hours if you need to pick it up yourself, that's for sure. FedEx has just driven me crazy lately, as they sometimes leave notices at the apartment without ever even calling up. I mean, you're IN THE LOBBY! Hit the buzzer and you're good to go. And it's always Friday deliveries too. Drives me nuts.

ppc-mistakes-dwight1.gif

UPS does have terrible hours if you need to pick it up yourself, that's for sure. FedEx has just driven me crazy lately, as they sometimes leave notices at the apartment without ever even calling up. I mean, you're IN THE LOBBY! Hit the buzzer and you're good to go. And it's always Friday deliveries too. Drives me nuts.

ppc-mistakes-dwight1.gif

It's worst then that. For international customers (from USA to Canada), ups charges fees which is a scam.

1) the value of the content. The higher the value, the higher their fees (these are not taxes) Fedex charges a flat rate of $10 (fedex waives that if u have an account with then) UPS does not. It's based off the value and there are different rates.
2) creating an invoice. There is a fee for that.
3) collecting money. Another fee

I once purchased a $200 poster from eBay. I was charged $68 USD on fees. This didn't even include the 12% tax I had to pay. They would not release it unless I paid for it.

I had to file a complaint through BBB and they finally reimburse be have the fees I paid. All I have to say to international buyers, don't use UPS!

I've had no problems with UPS honestly, but I guess it ranges from place to place

I got the print out to take photos to send to SS, I barely touched it again and it left another mark. I don't know what the **** to think anymore. :lol

For those of you who have the print, it's going to look incredible next to the PF:

cleop.png

Easily the best of the Court of the Dead line IMO.

It's a gorgeous piece for sure, but I doubt the production piece is going to look anything like that.

Back