Sideshow Premium Art Prints Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Announcing new Premium Art Prints collection

Thanos looks great. Wish they would make a kirby Darkseid print.

Surprised the Alex Ross Spidey print is still up for PO. Has overall interest in SS art prints waned?

Sure looks like it. Thor is still available and justice League trinity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What Alex Ross print was on sideshow live today?

What do you guys think of the Black panther art print?

What do you guys think of the Black panther art print?

Been waiting a loooong time to snag a print from that artist. Was hoping it would be an avengers one. I may get this. But it all depends how i feel after watching the movie on the 15Th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks more like man bat to me. Not interested.

I think it looks pretty neat but I'm not paying for the framed version. I might possibly try for the unframed (if there are any left.)

Wow, I was just checking out Alex Ross's new Spider-Man print and I just can't believe he is producing 4 different kinds of proofs that are equal to 50% of the stated edition size. I have never seen an artist create anywhere near this number of proofs before. Sideshow prints usually cost $90 and Ross's are $150 so his prints are already priced roughly 60% higher than Sideshow's standard prints. To then add 4 different kinds of artist proofs that are equal to 50% of the total edition size of the print is just insane and just reeks of greed . As much as I like Ross, I just can't support this type of approach to limited edition prints. In over 30+ years of collecting limited edition prints, I have never seen anything like this before, not even close. Proofs are usually kept to 10% to 15% of the edition size, at most!! Again, this is just blatant greed as he will no doubt sell all of those proofs for significantly more money. The fact that Ross is incredibly successful and no doubt makes a lot of money just makes it even worse. I guess some artists care more about making as much money as humanely possible than they do the integrity of their limited editions.

You should see the price of the new Catwoman art print!

Wow, I was just checking out Alex Ross's new Spider-Man print and I just can't believe he is producing 4 different kinds of proofs that are equal to 50% of the stated edition size. I have never seen an artist create anywhere near this number of proofs before. Sideshow prints usually cost $90 and Ross's are $150 so his prints are already priced roughly 60% higher than Sideshow's standard prints. To then add 4 different kinds of artist proofs that are equal to 50% of the total edition size of the print is just insane and just reeks of greed . As much as I like Ross, I just can't support this type of approach to limited edition prints. In over 30+ years of collecting limited edition prints, I have never seen anything like this before, not even close. Proofs are usually kept to 10% to 15% of the edition size, at most!! Again, this is just blatant greed as he will no doubt sell all of those proofs for significantly more money. The fact that Ross is incredibly successful and no doubt makes a lot of money just makes it even worse. I guess some artists care more about making as much money as humanely possible than they do the integrity of their limited editions.

All his giclees had ep, pp and ap for years. They do cost more than the reg options. His stuff is not meant as investments for print flippers.

I got an AP from Jonathan Burton a couple days ago with a run of 44

All his giclees had ep, pp and ap for years. They do cost more than the reg options. His stuff is not meant as investments for print flippers.

Your forgetting IE's as well and wether of not people think they are a good investment or not for print flippers is really irrelevant. Again, its just a move that reeks of greed. And its not the fact that he makes 4 different kinds of proofs that so disturbing, its the number of them he is producing. If all of his proofs only equaled 10-15% of the total edition size, I would have no problem with it, but making proofs that are equal to 50% of the stated edition size is so BEYOND absurd that words don't do it justice. No artist needs to make that many proofs when the edition size of the print is just 200. Its so beyond absurd that I still can't believe a high profile artist like Ross is actually pulling this crap. Then again, I am still blown away that Aspen Comics fraudulently sold Marvel and DC prints as limited editions for over 10 years when then were in fact open editions. Just goes to show that there are greedy artists and companies in every market. Thankfully, 99.9% of the artists making limited edition prints do not follow in Ross's footsteps. And I am now extremely happy to be able to say that I don't own any of Ross's limited editions and never will.

Well I’m extremely happy to say I have a huge collection of his stuff :lol

Comic book artists that sell prints are selling them to make easy money, and Alex Ross can write his own ticket for what he sells. You want to feel a little special collecting his prints? Buy a regular edition one. Want to feel a little more special? Buy an AP, EP, PP, etc. Want to feel like the most special boy in the whole world? Buy an original piece. Want to really feel like you're important? Don't buy anything. Note: the last option is an even bigger delusion than the others. Your decision to not buy doesn't affect Alex Ross one bit because the result is the same with or without your money--his prints sell out.

Collect what you like regardless of ES. Get it simply because you enjoy having the print, toy, statue, etc. in your collection.

Back