Sideshow Premium Art Prints Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Announcing new Premium Art Prints collection

If that was the original description then what they did was accurate, as each print did have a pencilled artist signature. This is not the product description but an announcement. What did the original description on the product say (before it was changed)?

A penciled artist signature means it's a penciled artist signature. Nowhere in those three words does it imply or mean copy, replicated, autopen, or anything else. This is WHY they changed the wording twice because they know they were false advertising. If not they wouldn't have changed anythung just trying to cover their own asses

Have fun with that one

Yeah, while I canceled two orders, threw a few up on eBay and won't buy anymore, going to the BBB or threatening legal action is just going to get your account canceled.

The video released by Sideshow on 10/24/2014

Screenshot in the video

ss signed.jpg

I'm going to have to become a premium member just to rep you. Kneeling before Zod!

It won't help too many smoking the SS pipe.

Neither did Josh. Hey Josh, I WAS TRYING TO BE FUNNY. :monkey3 I mean, who tells somebody that then throws up the peace sign? A real jerk, thats who!

No, SS is not going to offer any refunds, and I doubt they acknowledge it again. Alex even dissapeared from that thread once the S-Storm started.

It was 4:30am, nothing is funny at 4:30am, not even fart jokes.

A penciled artist signature means it's a penciled artist signature. Nowhere in those three words does it imply or mean copy, replicated, autopen, or anything else. This is WHY they changed the wording twice because they know they were false advertising. If not they wouldn't have changed anything just trying to cover their own asses

By definition of penciled and signature that is exactly what is on the prints. Its a pencilled signature, I do however understand your frustration and while from a technical standpoint they did not lie I feel it is misleading none the less. I am not ok with Sideshow pushing a product this way.

A penciled artist signature means it's a penciled artist signature. Nowhere in those three words does it imply or mean copy, replicated, autopen, or anything else. This is WHY they changed the wording twice because they know they were false advertising. If not they wouldn't have changed anythung just trying to cover their own asses

Penciled artists signature, only means the artists signature was done in pencil. Nowhere does it say the artist actually used the pencil.

Penciled artists signature, only means the artists signature was done in pencil. Nowhere does it say the artist actually used the pencil.

Yeah see I agree with you in terms of technicality but after seeing the video (which is what I was looking for earlier) I feel this is misleading in marketing.

No way. I'm not even sure what you mean by the artist actually using the pencil. If the artist didn't use the pencil then who did? I'm pretty sure the best printers still cannot use carbon in the printing process, so if you are implying someone else copied the signature in pencil then that is forgery.

I'm sorry but there is no technicality here. You may not be familiar with fine art, but in the art community a penciled artist signature has the exact meaning that the artist himself signed the limited print so as to increase its value and rarity by ways of having a genuine autograph that also serves to authenticate the work since a sharp pencil signature makes it difficult to forge. Sideshow obviously new this and used it as a selling point to promote its prints as premium. A copied signature is useless so why go out of the way to emphasize it as something special. That would be like marketing these prints on "fine paper that is made from the pulp of genuine wood". Both worthless.

No way. I'm not even sure what you mean by the artist actually using the pencil. If the artist didn't use the pencil then who did? I'm pretty sure the best printers still cannot use carbon in the printing process, so if you are implying someone else copied the signature in pencil then that is forgery.

I'm sorry but there is no technicality here. You may not be familiar with fine art, but in the art community a penciled artist signature has the exact meaning that the artist himself signed the limited print so as to increase its value and rarity by ways of having a genuine autograph that also serves to authenticate the work since a sharp pencil signature makes it difficult to forge. Sideshow obviously new this and used it as a selling point to promote its prints as premium. A copied signature is useless so why go out of the way to emphasize it as something special. That would be like marketing these prints on "fine paper that is made from the pulp of genuine wood". Both worthless.

It's called an autopen. It's a machine that can literally hold a pen or pencil and copy exactly the signature that it's given. It's actually ben around since the 40's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FHGO2i0bL4

Back