Sideshow Premium Art Prints Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Announcing new Premium Art Prints collection

Some of the big name Mondo artists have just as big of an ES on their prints too

Yes, that is true for some but they are still better quality, lower price, and larger dimensions (typically 24x36 compared to 18x24 for Sideshow). I am glad that Sideshow is offering prints as another option especially since they focus on different material (movies vs. comics/pop culture).

Yes, that is true for some but they are still better quality, lower price, and larger dimensions (typically 24x36 compared to 18x24 for Sideshow). I am glad that Sideshow is offering prints as another option especially since they focus on different material (movies vs. comics/pop culture).

Maybe, but Mondo's offering have been lacking

I guess their next wave of artgerm prints will tell if this will affect their sales. I still think unframed will still sell out quick

I don't understand why it would kill them to sign them in extra-fine sharpie and do 50 a day until they're all done. We wait as it is for the PFs to be finally released, so is it just laziness to do things right.

My guess is that they don't want to pay the artists more for the extra work.

The fake signatures on these prints are definitely shady. I think Alex should of kept her mouth shut because now who ever knows about this will stop buying the prints. Too me the signature really doesn't matter too much it would of been cool if it was an actual one but the ED size is good for me. These prints are pretty high quality and you can't just buy it anywheres. I'll still be purchasing them. My Terminator print finally arrived today by the way. I haven't opened yet but will be Friday once I get the portfolio to store it in and Skaar print should arrive then too.

Unframed PG print to be charged this Thursday so it's this 1 and Supergirl for me and I'm done collecting prints with facsimile signatures. People in general will still buy these things regardless cause we Americans are grunts. And a grunt can take anything so famously said by Taylor (Charlie Sheen) in Platoon. :lol

I understand those who are upset, but we all know the highly anticipated prints would be out soon (Phoenix/Jean, Emma, Ms Marvel, WW, and etc). While SS may lose some customers, they won't lose out on anything because artgerm prints will continue to get sold out.

I guess their next wave of artgerm prints will tell if this will affect their sales. I still think unframed will still sell out quick

While I also thought the signatures were real, and think they should be, it wasn't the reason I bought my Daredevil print, so I'm not really irked by it. I never expected to sell my print later, or make money off of it, but if some did, or actually wanted the artist signature (other than Artgerm, I couldn't name one! :lol) then I don't think it's crazy that you're upset. I also think they're about $20 too expensive (which is like, $4000 Canadian right now. :lol)

All that said, Artgerm, and any other sexy/badass print with a decently low ES will still sell out no problem. While it may not be within a few hours, they'll still go quickly. Though I'd have to think they'll be done with this comic book panel art print experiment after the misfire these last three were!

I'm out on these. Just cancelled PG and the Cap/Thor/Iron Man. Threw four of my prints up on the bay (two are already bid on), will keep my Sirens, Vampi, Supes, WW and whenever they get around to it, Blue costume Batman and that is it for me. That is plenty of glorified posters for my collection. Funny enough I just got Batgirl flattened, hadn't even really looked at it yet. Sayanara.

On that note, I was doubly impressed that JS Campbell used gold ink to sign one of my $20 prints. A print that had an autopen already...That sig really pops.

I still think these are great prints, but having them signed made them special, and I did not mind having a portfolio of them that I would never have room to frame/hang on the wall. The fact they are not, but LOOK like they do, tarnishes them soooo much for me. I am not even someone that collects autographs, but I note it on all of my collectibles when I do happen to acquire one, and usually buy something by an artist to have signed when an LCS is having them as a guest. It is just nice to have something with that personal connection. For that matter, even though I don't love the print, the so called Marvel Trinity, I was jazzed about because Alex Pascenko is a really cool guy, and having a signed piece he did would have been a neat thing in my collection. Except the signed part is bogus...

To those that are not bothered by this, will continue to buy, they are still great prints. They really pop in person. I personally am disappointed because I feel I was fooled on these and what they are, but all that aside, they are still quality prints.

SS changed the descriptions to "digital artist signature" now.

Whoever that person is who leaked out that top secret info about the prints is probably gonna walk into work tomorrow and get fired.

I wonder if there is a thread in the "ask sideshow" area addressing this

While I also thought the signatures were real, and think they should be, it wasn't the reason I bought my Daredevil print, so I'm not really irked by it. I never expected to sell my print later, or make money off of it, but if some did, or actually wanted the artist signature (other than Artgerm, I couldn't name one! :lol) then I don't think it's crazy that you're upset. I also think they're about $20 too expensive (which is like, $4000 Canadian right now. :lol)

All that said, Artgerm, and any other sexy/badass print with a decently low ES will still sell out no problem. While it may not be within a few hours, they'll still go quickly. Though I'd have to think they'll be done with this comic book panel art print experiment after the misfire these last three were!

how awesome is that DD print?

Whoever that person is who leaked out that top secret info about the prints is probably gonna walk into work tomorrow and get fired.

You know the b.S. thing, going back to the start of that thread on SF, this question was sort of asked and ignored. Alex was answering other questions about the prints, but somehow that never got addressed.

I still haven't seen anyone say they knew it was autopenned based on how they were advertised. They are advertised on ebay as signed prints as well by many people. They should have clarified this from the beginning. Except, well, sure looks like they wanted us all to be fooled. Never seen a light pencil digital sig used before.

I am sure her job is still safe though. Still, for how many they released already, it is shocking this just came to light.

An "authorized pencil artist signature" could be definitely open to interpretation which I'm SURE was intentional.

There are art prints... not individual paintings :lol

I love my prints and will probably still buy some.

Back