Sideshow Predator 1 Bust : Need some help here

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lavigne

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi, recently i've got a chance to purchase the SS Predator 1 Bust.
It's a damaged unit but i could live with it, my only concern is that is it an authentic SS piece or a recast that i see popping out here & there at ebay?

I'd provided some pics, would be really glad if someone can help me out here before i proceed with the deal.

dsc00393a001.jpg

dsc003941.jpg

dsc003983.jpg

dsc00399sss.jpg

dsc004004.jpg

dsc00401d.jpg

dsc004022.jpg

dsc004062.jpg

dsc003991.jpg

not worth it. It seems badly damaged, like it was dropped hard..structurally it may be unsound, with cracks in the cast.

If you can get it for around $500 or so I'd take it. It seems none of the mandibles-teeth are broken...only the name plate and armor. Somehow the Trophy necklace made of bones is intact. That always seems to be the first thing to break, aside from the quills on the brow line...so that's a plus.

I will add the Predator logo on the bottom of the base looks slightly faded. On the other hand the paint job on the hear/forehead has little to NO FADING, which is great. I've seen many in peoples collection that were exposed to too much sun causing a washed-out undesirable look. THIS ONE'S IS GREAT

At the end of the day, this is a Stan Winston endorsed Predator 1 bust. I've seen countless lifesize Predator bust and NONE is as good as this. This is the premier Predator bust available, aside from the screen used props. If you like it and don't mind the flaws...JUMP ON IT.

DOES NOT SEEM TO BE A RECAST

If you can get it for around $500 or so I'd take it. It seems none of the mandibles-teeth are broken...only the name plate and armor.

I will add the Predator logo on the bottom of the base looks slightly faded.

At the end of the day, this is a Stan Winston endorsed Predator 1 bust. I've seen countless lifesize Predator bust and NONE is as good as this. This is the premier Predator bust available, aside from the screen used props. If you like it and don't mind the flaws...JUMP ON IT.

i think the TS did buy it. i know cos it was on the local ebay forum. i resisted thankfully :D

Hey all, thanks so much for the input, meant a lot to me. I'm relieved that it's a genuine bust.

I've bought it at the price of $600, i hope it's a good deal.

Hey all, thanks so much for the input, meant a lot to me. I'm relieved that it's a genuine bust.

I've bought it at the price of $600, i hope it's a good deal.

good move. You will love this bust.

If you can repair it, that would be sick.

I've got the bust, the size is really awesome but something did surprise me.
I was expecting the bust to be really heavy but it's actually quite light & it seems hollow. Is that the way it's suppose to be?

I was expecting the bust to be really heavy but it's actually quite light & it seems hollow. Is that the way it's suppose to be?

actually, it should be quite heavy. just how light are you talking about? :eek:

Yes, its suppose to be hollow..:D

Back