Sideshow, please show some new joes....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why post Sardo? Seriously, this forum is a community, so you just come here to criticize others and call them 'douchebags' when you don't like what they say? :slap

Then why post Sardo? Seriously, this forum is a community, so you just come here to criticize others and call them 'douchebags' when you don't like what they say? :slap

I'm sure you guys are buddies, but obviously Niltusk, you haven't read back through the forum. It's actually quite the opposite. It was Devil who criticized me first (and some other one, I can't remember all these handles). Then he suggested that my view/comments aren't worthwhile because I've only posted 54 times. If you take the time to read my posts, you would see I've never been disrespectful to anyone. If anything, I've always been positive until this conversation.:slap

asasedu4.jpg

I'm sure you guys are buddies, but obviously Niltusk, you haven't read back through the forum. It's actually quite the opposite. It was Devil who criticized me first (and some other one, I can't remember all these handles). Then he suggested that my view/comments aren't worthwhile because I've only posted 54 times. If you take the time to read my posts, you would see I've never been disrespectful to anyone. If anything, I've always been positive until this conversation.:slap

Yes, we're such good buddies that we haven't added each other to our friends list. You're the king of assumptions, eh? :lol
I'm not speaking about just this board, I'm speaking in general, but if I joined a forum and felt the need to call someone a '*********' 50 posts into my membership, I'd probably be thinking long and hard on if I should be on that board, but yeah, I'm sure it's 'everyone else' and you're just a victim. I've thought of your past posts as distasteful and disrespectful, because you seem more concerned with critiquing others opinions than discussing product, but now you just dialed into straight up insults. If you don't want people critiquing what you're posting may even you should follow your own advice and stop worrying about people who dislike a doll you like or people that diss Sideshow.

Last edited:
^^^Talk about playing the victim. You've personally jumped down my throat a few times, for who knows what reason, other than the fact that I'm an infrequent poster. I've been a member since 2011 and I still get talked down to simply because I don't feel the need to comment incessantly.

Look, I believe in showing others (forum members, whoever) respect. But it never seems to be mutual here because longtime freaks love to write off the supposed "newbs."

The elitist mentality displayed by some of you has forced Sardo to play the "time and money spent" card to try to earn favor. That sucks. I guess after a couple thousand more posts you guys won't immediately write him off. Or, like me (and others who I've read say this), he'll simply stop posting.

He's not playing victim. He's acknowledging that I'm not the only person who's had enough of Sardo including some kind of evaluation of the opinions of those who disagree with him in every post. He's been inflammatory since the start, I imagine under the aegis of throwing in for all the 'victims' who like Destro and are put off by those who don't.

I could generally give a damn how many posts a person has. But, if they're going to come in here and deal out admonishments for posting improperly, to those of us who have been here since well before January, he can take a walk.

We'll, in case anyone forgot, SSC can still go to hell for abandoning this line.

He's not playing victim. He's acknowledging that I'm not the only person who's had enough of Sardo including some kind of evaluation of the opinions of those who disagree with him in every post. He's been inflammatory since the start, I imagine under the aegis of throwing in for all the 'victims' who like Destro and are put off by those who don't.

I could generally give a damn how many posts a person has. But, if they're going to come in here and deal out admonishments for posting improperly, to those of us who have been here since well before January, he can take a walk.

Because you've clearly never done this yourself...

There's a double standard and it's easy to see. I don't care if you like or dislike a figure, and you are of course entitled to state that opinion here. But you've gone out of your way to badmouth a figure and the people who've purchased and enjoy it (as if that is some sort of indictment on their collecting credibility) and some folks are tired of it; whether you were kidding or not.

So you feel disrespected...? Well, to the people you're attempting to incite or make feel inadequate for liking a toy, you've been pretty disrespectful yourself. I don't think Sardo has the right to critique your (or anyone else's) opinion of the figure, but he does have the right to defend himself. And you'd be lying if you said you haven't badmouthed Destro to the point where others have to feel uncomfortable or foolish for spending the money and enjoying the figure.

Also, I might give you the benefit of the doubt in this argument if you actually owned the figure.

We'll, in case anyone forgot, SSC can still go to hell for abandoning this line.

Last two posts aside, I guess everyone should be given a pass because we're all clearly a little testy with very uncertain future of the line.

The future of the line is not uncertain and it's neither my intent, nor my fault if other people feel defensive when I post. I don't dislike this figure to make you feel bad.

There is no double standard. What you are calling that is just the fact that there are standards, one of which is the amount of history invested by any particular individual in this particular forum. This conversation has been going on for a long time. Some have contributed far more than others. You don't walk into a game and declare yourself dungeon master and the reason you don't is not because you're new; it's because it's not your game.

I'm not calling this a game. No one is trying to be dungeon master. Count the threads dedicated to this line. Count the posts in each thread. They would not be here if comprehensive attention and passionate dedication to the subject had not been committed to by those who wrote it. You don't walk in and let, "I think your problem is..." be the first thing out of your mouth. And the second thing. And the thing after, ad nauseum.

It's just plain rude.

^^^And you certainly know a thing or two about being rude. I'm not defending him as much as I am pointing out your hypocrisy.

And the double standard I mentioned does exist, whether you choose to acknowledge it or not. It wouldn't matter how courteous and respectful people are, if they're deemed newbs; based on post count or any other reason; certain forum vets still go out of their way to treat them like **** and disregard/discredit their opinions.

You are right, it's not a game, it's discussion forum. But to borrow your term, some of you do like playing the part of dungeon master. What you don't seem to like is people objecting to that or calling you out.

Yes, we're such good buddies that we haven't added each other to our friends list. You're the king of assumptions, eh? :lol
I'm not speaking about just this board, I'm speaking in general, but if I joined a forum and felt the need to call someone a '*********' 50 posts into my membership, I'd probably be thinking long and hard on if I should be on that board, but yeah, I'm sure it's 'everyone else' and you're just a victim. I've thought of your past posts as distasteful and disrespectful, because you seem more concerned with critiquing others opinions than discussing product, but now you just dialed into straight up insults. If you don't want people critiquing what you're posting may even you should follow your own advice and stop worrying about people who dislike a doll you like or people that diss Sideshow.
Read my posts. Not the last 5 or so. Read the first 50. Most of my posts are about product. In fact, my first post ON THIS THREAD was on page 6, and it was pictures comparing card art to the figures.
I don't critique others' opinion; I disagree with their opinion and provide evidence for the discussion. That's what a discussion/debate is. Again. Read the posts.
I'm no victim here. But I'm not averse to trading shots with you either.

omg you guys..how did this go from show me some more joes to another *****fest....??? everyone is getting off of the topic again....if you all can't get along...just grow the f up..please...gessshhh...you cares if you like the figures or don't like the figures..we are all here for the same reason..otherwise, this forum wouldn't exist....

at this rate, this thread will be closed too and pretty soon, there won't be anywhere to post..

wasnt bad enough that the Destro thread got ruined..and now this...really?

Last edited:
But who cares anymore....?
What I'd love to see are vehicles. Probably wouldn't happen due to costs, but a Fang would be awesome. Someone on this site posted their custom HISS and it looked spectacular!

oohh...it's on now....you all better start playing nice...im tired of the crap and the whining..yea..i do it to sometimes..but even i know when it's enough...at this rate, i'll just go back to the star wars side and start doing custom clothing over there instead of here..how would you all like that? huh huh? not so fun....

im sure this is how Evil wanted this thread to go, huh?

you're all lucky that im not a mod..id be slapping ya all upside the heads..lol...you know that i get along with the lot of you....but just this was getting ridiculous....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back