Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just watched COTBP this weekend and it renewed my love for this piece. It also made me realize how great the sculpt really is, the paintwork could be better but the likeness still shines through.

I always had the opionion that this statue shows its qualities only when you can see it.
All the photos are not faithful.

When and where did this officially receive "best statue of 2010"?!

I've been proclaiming this all along, but I'd be thrilled if this was actually made official! :banana

Yep i've also been saying you need to see this in person rather than just looking at pics and saying "bad paint etc"

The thing I love the most about it is how much it incorporates the ride into the base. The lanterns are pretty much exactly the same.

picture.php

Johnny Depp checks out his sideshow statue.

Last edited:
You can remove it from the sheath, but you must be careful...a lot careful, for not break the little joint on the top of the blade.
I have do it, like you see... ^ _______ ^

I checked with Sideshow about this. Here is the reply from the cs rep.

Thank you for your email. We appreciate your interest in our products and the time you took to contact our Customer Service Department.

It is a very good thing that you checked because the sword is not meant to come out of the sheath.

Please let me know if I can assist you further!

Best regards,

Kathy Harter

Customer Service Representative

Sideshow Collectibles

So, if you're pulling it out, it's not intended to be pulled out. Keep that in mind for those that might try.

I checked with Sideshow about this. Here is the reply from the cs rep.

Thank you for your email. We appreciate your interest in our products and the time you took to contact our Customer Service Department.

It is a very good thing that you checked because the sword is not meant to come out of the sheath.

Please let me know if I can assist you further!

Best regards,

Kathy Harter

Customer Service Representative

Sideshow Collectibles

So, if you're pulling it out, it's not intended to be pulled out. Keep that in mind for those that might try.

I know very well...I said that you can put the sword out from the sheath but at your own risk!
You do not have to do that if you have a heavy hand...:lol

picture.php

Two Jacks are better than one.
My first Jack was broken so they sent me a new one
and I snapped a couple of quick photos.

Love the figure, just wish I could get one that wasn't broken. I got my 1st Jack back on October 25th and the bandana was broken. I shipped the complete figure back in original box/packaging with all items like I was instructed to do. I got my 2nd Jack but they only sent me the figure loose in a box with packing material, no box, no accessories, no base, just the figure and this ones arm was broken. They had me destroy #2 and sent me a 3rd Jack complete with all accessories like #2 should have been but this ones bandana and sword hilt were broken. :slap All damage was noticeable without even unwrapping the figure, no damage at all on the shipping boxes. I should be getting #4 in a couple of weeks and am just waiting to see what will be broken on this one. :rolleyes2 This is only my 3rd Sideshow PF so I’m just wondering is this normal or is Jack just really fragile?

Last edited:
I would love to pick this up, but all the damage stories and paint bleeding into the eye has me too scared to go near it.

I know very well...I said that you can put the sword out from the sheath but at your own risk!
You do not have to do that if you have a heavy hand...:lol

Yeah, its weird they would make a full sword and not intend it to be taken out. I'm still not sure if I want to try it but I probably will some day.

I would love to pick this up, but all the damage stories and paint bleeding into the eye has me too scared to go near it.

Me too, at the first time...I thought to cancel the reservation.
But at the end I didn't, and it's gone well! My Jack crossed the ocean from US to Italy and he hasn't a crack!

All the more reason to buy direct from them.

On another note, those of you with the 18" Neca Jack Action Figure can use the sword that comes with it (and the opening compass for that matter) to put in his free hand without risking damaging the sword.

Back