Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow In Progress

I'll definitely order this on Friday but I have to say that, after sitting at Chat and seeing this from about every conceivable angle, I'm really not seeing Depp in the face - at all. I don't know if a camera could distort it a lot:confused: but SS definitely needs to make another swipe at the face.

At the moment (imo) it's more a PF of Depp's stunt double. :horror

I'm also happy to be paying $324.99, since I was ready for a higher price.

With three hands and the lantern and bottles, there will be a lot of options for how you want to display it.

I love the price-- well, no, I'd love for it to be free but anyway-- and I'm aiming for the Exclusive (OK if it's just the regular). As far as the face-- I see Depp as Captain Jack there.

Yeah, while the sculpt may not hold up to detailed comparison to photos of Johnny Depp, I don't care to find out, the PF looks like him as Captain Jack to me, it's a success in my book.

Looks darn near perfect. This is one iconic piece. Fantastic price considering I was braced for $400+ though I may pass on the Ex. Displaying him holding the coin is the best option IMO because he can still wear the compass and pistol on his belt. The other two options don't allow for that.

Looks darn near perfect. This is one iconic piece. Fantastic price considering I was braced for $400+ though I may pass on the Ex. Displaying him holding the coin is the best option IMO because he can still wear the compass and pistol on his belt. The other two options don't allow for that.

Good point. And the great thing is the missus has already seen the PF over my shoulder while I was at the computer and she gave her enthusiatic thumbs up (and commented that it will be my b-day eventually come summertime)... This one is a lock for my collection. The PF world has just expanded from SW and Indy... That's scary. :horror

:lol

My PF collection's going to consist of Darth Maul, Rambo and Jack Sparrow :lol

Would be nice if that compass opens up. Otherwise, interchangeability with the flintlock and the coin is a nice touch! Would be nice too if they threw his hat in somewhere . . . And hatless IS the way to go.

It'll be te regular for me. I don't care for the gun. The compass is okay, but I like the coin much more.

Nope, between size and money, I am very particular about what I'll buy a PF of, Darth Maul, well I think that's pretty explanatory, Rambo is a character that means a lot to me, and well, if Captain Jack's making the cut, that says something about the character to me and the quality of this piece :)

Nope, between size and money, I am very particular about what I'll buy a PF of, Darth Maul, well I think that's pretty explanatory, Rambo is a character that means a lot to me, and well, if Captain Jack's making the cut, that says something about the character to me and the quality of this piece :)

Same here. I don't get a lot of PFs (size and price issues) but Captian Jack is just one of those characters that deserves a spot in my collection. Figures like this are great conversation pieces as everyone knows exactly who it is unlike some of the more obscure lines where only big fans of the licenese like us know who it is (Darkness = big devil to most anyone else).

Frodo is the only PF I currently own and Jack will soon be joining him. I think he's going to make a lot of very selective PF collectors' short lists.

Little disappointed that Jack does not come with his hat but I do have the NECA figure somewhere.

I've got my fingers crossed for this Friday so that I can snag the EX.

Well I just realized that I'm taking my vehicle in to have the strut replaced so I think I'll be away from a computer when the Exc goes up... :monkey2

Of course, the owner of the dealership used to coach with me so if he's in his office I might pirate his computer as it were. :naughty Here's hoping. If not I'll have to settle for not getting the gun.

Well I just realized that I'm taking my vehicle in to have the strut replaced so I think I'll be away from a computer when the Exc goes up... :monkey2

Of course, the owner of the dealership used to coach with me so if he's in his office I might pirate his computer as it were. :naughty Here's hoping. If not I'll have to settle for not getting the gun.

I hope it works out for ya mate, this is gonna be amazing thats for sure :duff
x :peace

This is a definate must have piece, not fussed about the gun and I also prefer the look with him holding his treasure (coin) :D

Back