Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow In Progress

It seems even the most popular PO's put out these days will always become available again not to long after.

Chris

Tis true. My WL converted for both Jack and Gandalf Ex long after they sold out. Got on Gandalf waitlist this week and it converted within 3 days.

You really think this is going to turn out better than the Gandalf PF?

You mean the Gandalf the Grey PF? I'm not a big follower of LOTR, but the Gandalf piece is pretty darn sweet. But these two are in two different ball parks really. I mean, LOTR is a HUGE license and movie trilogy just like Star Wars. But for me, Pirates of the Caribbean and Jack Sparrow just bring a tsunami of nostalgia when I look at it. And why people are canceling the EX version of this, is beyond me :dunno

I mean, I think this is just an all-around perfect piece. The BASE is by far my favorite so far from any Sideshow piece (besides the original Predator maquette and the Spiderman PF). The pose captures Sparrow perfectly, the fabric looks fantastic, and the pistol or the gold coin in the hand is just genius. So for ME, yes this is the piece of the year. Not taking anything away from Gandalf, because it's a great piece as well but I am just a bigger fan of POTC. Each piece is exclusive and pertinent to each collector. Which ever brings a more warm and fuzzy feeling, than that's the piece they should go with....

Sorry about my ramble, just my two cents. You guys get whatever you love. For me, this piece is great for me. :clap

How did the EX become available again?..I remember pre-ordering this thing and it selling out in about 3 minutes. It seems even the most popular PO's put out these days will always become available again not to long after.

THAT.....or SS raised the ES again?

Chris

It's not uncommon for people to order on impulse, or order it just in case and change their mind later. As someone else said, I think alot of people are just choosing to save some money and ordering a regular from a e-tailer at a significant reduction in price.

I can understand why people are canceling the exclusive. I'm planning on displaying him exclusively with the compass in hand, Jack didn't run around guns blazing...the compass or even coin are more key to his character I think!

I won't display him with the gun in hand either. Its not like you lose the accessory, it'll still be right there in his belt. Actually considering about just going with a regular myself.

They should have made the compass the exclusive. I think we'd see fewer cancellations that way. I know I'd be much more likely to get the exclusive to get the compass.

You mean the Gandalf the Grey PF? I'm not a big follower of LOTR, but the Gandalf piece is pretty darn sweet. But these two are in two different ball parks really. I mean, LOTR is a HUGE license and movie trilogy just like Star Wars. But for me, Pirates of the Caribbean and Jack Sparrow just bring a tsunami of nostalgia when I look at it. And why people are canceling the EX version of this, is beyond me :dunno

I mean, I think this is just an all-around perfect piece. The BASE is by far my favorite so far from any Sideshow piece (besides the original Predator maquette and the Spiderman PF). The pose captures Sparrow perfectly, the fabric looks fantastic, and the pistol or the gold coin in the hand is just genius. So for ME, yes this is the piece of the year. Not taking anything away from Gandalf, because it's a great piece as well but I am just a bigger fan of POTC. Each piece is exclusive and pertinent to each collector. Which ever brings a more warm and fuzzy feeling, than that's the piece they should go with....

Sorry about my ramble, just my two cents. You guys get whatever you love. For me, this piece is great for me. :clap

:goodpost: Agreed. For me, Gandalf just looks too good to pass on. But Jack, now being integrated into my favorite Disney World ride, now my daughter's, evokes good memories. Now if they just got Trevor Grove (Indy PF, Gandalf PF) to sculpt the head, this would be the perfect statue.

I won't display him with the gun in hand either. Its not like you lose the accessory, it'll still be right there in his belt. Actually considering about just going with a regular myself.

Hmmm... you guys are putting doubts in my head as to whether I should keep the ex. or go for the reg. I like the gun but with Gandalf hitting at the same time...

Crap, I don't know what to do... Is the gun worth the difference in price (factoring taxes in CA) or should I just go with an out of state vendor and save additional funds?

The accountant in me says get the regular, the stupid in me says keep the EX...

Eww, I'm not ready yet. I need more time....

Back