Statue Sideshow New Wonder Woman Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Others do this also to a certain extent, like dc collectibles. Is more of a low end thing to do, but I see why it annoys people as their prices aren't cheap. Doesn't bother me, I'll just buy something else if SS aren't up to scratch

yup. I just don't buy them lol. I haven't POed or ordered an SS item in a couple years. So far, nothing that I wanted ends up looking like the proto so I've passed on all of them. That and the prices are just too ridiculous now IMO. Hopefully this gal turns out to look better in hand for the folks that preordered though!

They went way too heavy on the eye liner/shadow, changes her whole appearance, they also went gloss for the lips instead of matte, even small changes like that can have a huge impact.

Prototypes eyes on production piece, proportions aren’t completely accurate I did it on the fly but you get the idea about why this was messed up.

Attachments

• 65ECB0CA-A76A-454D-97BF-018062AFB081.jpg
    65ECB0CA-A76A-454D-97BF-018062AFB081.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 188
that black around the eyes seems very odd that close up....will have to wait to see in person and more importantly how it looks at a distance one will actually see the piece...from 1 few feet away is the key for me...not held in hand an inch from my face.

They went way too heavy on the eye liner/shadow, changes her whole appearance, they also went gloss for the lips instead of matte, even small changes like that can have a huge impact.

Prototypes eyes on production piece, proportions aren’t completely accurate I did it on the fly but you get the idea about why this was messed up.

The definition on the check bones is also off, they seem much more prominent in the prototype.

that black around the eyes seems very odd that close up....will have to wait to see in person and more importantly how it looks at a distance one will actually see the piece...from 1 few feet away is the key for me...not held in hand an inch from my face.

I totally get this sentiment. But I'm still not a fan of letting things slide just cuz you won't be up close to a piece. At these prices, it should display well from a distance but still be accurate and clean up close. Other studios can do it, there is no reason SSC can't either.

While im not 100% sure what i will think about the final product when its here i was just chating with the sideshow Support to talk about something shipping related and we both noticed that the last payment got changed from 1/10/2019 to 2/10/2019 :dunno so yea another month delay it is i guess.

I totally get this sentiment. But I'm still not a fan of letting things slide just cuz you won't be up close to a piece. At these prices, it should display well from a distance but still be accurate and clean up close. Other studios can do it, there is no reason SSC can't either.
I look at a piece point blank... Paint in the lines for fu@* sake! lol

I think it looks fine...video lighting and studio still lighting are making a difference....angle of the shot in the video as well... did I miss some new studio shots? In the original studio shot her hair looks brown...I mean was anyone expecting brown hair? lots of wonky lighting
View attachment 438580

Agreed. That looks great to me. And this whole thing reminds me of the controversy with Red Sonja she devil with a sword statue not being like the prototype. Well she was damn close to prototype paint and I go over that thing with an eagle eye. Its fantastic. I think this will turn out the same.

Agreed. That looks great to me. And this whole thing reminds me of the controversy with Red Sonja she devil with a sword statue not being like the prototype. Well she was damn close to prototype paint and I go over that thing with an eagle eye. Its fantastic. I think this will turn out the same.

It will be good enough for most sideshow collectors, I agree. Not good enough for others

While im not 100% sure what i will think about the final product when its here i was just chating with the sideshow Support to talk about something shipping related and we both noticed that the last payment got changed from 1/10/2019 to 2/10/2019 :dunno so yea another month delay it is i guess.

That’s probably the next batch coming in

I ended up canceling my order, it’s too much of a change and didn’t turn out well.

No, I sent them pictures of the change and they gave me a full refund.

Back