Statue Sideshow New Wonder Woman Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then explain the latest Red Sonja PF and Aspen PF. They turned out pretty fantastic and close to the proto. This PF is WONDER WOMAN. She should have been given the BEST factory. The painted proto of her looked like Katy Perry back in her perfect prime 8 years ago. This factory paint job looks like a cheap department store mannequin with dead eyes. This is simply inexcusable when Blitzway, Prime 1, XM etc are all churning out excellent factory pain. If Sideshow wants to give us subpar paintwork like this, then they should go back to charging $300 for a PF. Aside from that, the body paint is fine on Wonder Woman here but if the face is dead, then the whole statue doesn't work. Superman's latest PF turned out good, why not Wonder Woman? :slap

Once again I don't know why you're surprised, we're talking about sideshow here. If you want excellent paint then choose those other companies you listed. If you want to wait and see if it's acceptable for a lower price, sideshow has you covered. Just look at their bvs gal gadot PF, they aren't going to give ww to the best factory. Sometimes they turn out really well and sometimes they don't, so I wait and see. Now I'll be picking up the n52 prime 1 instead. I also have their 1/3 justice league statue on order.

Many people will find the paint to be acceptable on sideshow's new ww and that is who their market caters for, people who aren't that picky and don't want to spend more dollars. And that's not a bad trade off as I'm sure she'll still look good from a distance

And you don't get the duty/tax paid back, also adding a couple hundred bucks. That isn't Sideshow's fault. Just adding to the thought that it's not an easy and painless decision to return the product if it arrives and is so different from what you based your decision to order on that it irks you to look at it.

I will keep my preorder with fingers crossed my first reaction to the changes doesn't last. I guess I can always have the head repainted if it really bugs me and that would cost less than returning it.

You do get your taxes/duty back...at least in Canada. But our government sure makes it a long-winded and frustrating process.

The face is prime real estate on this statue. And the paint app looks horrible when compared to the prototype. I think this is false advertising.

Why is it that Prime 1 and XM deliver on their promise and give you what is advertised and Sideshow lets its customers down? Sideshow does this repeatedly and you all can think of multiple examples of this in the past. Shows a lack of quality control and a lack of respect for the customer.

I'm keeping my order. I'm going down with the ship!! :rock

If you’re happy with what you’ve seen from the production photos, you’ll be happy when you get it in hand.

As has now been said repeatedly, if we had never seen the prototype, no one (probably) would be complaining.

But alas we all did........

Not surprised by this production. It’s usually the standard these days with Sideshow. Some other pieces are gems. Like Aspen and Lady Deadpool which still hasn’t sold out.

My expectations are always average when it comes to their production quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See, every picture I see of Aspen I don't like. She looks very sleepy and her cheeks look sunken to me, but everyone says how beautiful she is. I'm hanging on to the WW PO and hope for the best, not that I hate the production pics.

IMO, It is the best Wonder Woman statue out there. Name a sculpt of WW that looks better. The Proto was painted by a master who could take MAAAD time to make it look Godly. If these are shipped and is a disaster, I'll ship it back. But I remember The Red Sonja with the snake getting dragged for not being like the proto. But I look at it every day and the paint is great. If you want proto paint you gotta pay a proto price. Sideshow does shoot themselves in the ass by having these god painters shoot our expectations way up though. So I get the disappointment. I just think its too soon to judge it. Just my opinion.

Wow, they really blew it! Glad I did not pre-order. This could have been the best representation of Wonder Woman that Sideshow has ever done, I do not understand how they could have goofed this up. :-(

The sculpt is amazing but the paint apps on the face are horrible! I will have to wait to see what people's in hand pics look like before investing in this.

I don't think I ever expected a factory to churn out statues that look exactly like the prototype but it did make me think of something. Do you think there'd be a market for an option to pay extra for Premium Paintwork? Meaning they can release their regular run of statues with "standard factory paintwork" that gets churned out and people can deal with it for standard price but ALSO they would have an option where people can pay an extra amount for paintwork that is closer to the prototype.

I don't think I ever expected a factory to churn out statues that look exactly like the prototype but it did make me think of something. Do you think there'd be a market for an option to pay extra for Premium Paintwork? Meaning they can release their regular run of statues with "standard factory paintwork" that gets churned out and people can deal with it for standard price but ALSO they would have an option where people can pay an extra amount for paintwork that is closer to the prototype.

For the price we are paying for statues, we should be getting premium paint jobs already. And showing a production sample that differs that much from the prototype is false advertising imo

For the price we are paying for statues, we should be getting premium paint jobs already. And showing a production sample that differs that much from the prototype is false advertising imo

Agreed, prices have gone up tremendously in the last few years. We are no longer paying 300 to 400 for a statue, we should be getting something that is closer to the proto. Other recent Sideshow statues have been fairly close to their prototype.

The face is the most important part of this piece, the face paint apps on the prototype were what made my consider buying this piece in the first place.

I think it looks fine...video lighting and studio still lighting are making a difference....angle of the shot in the video as well... did I miss some new studio shots? In the original studio shot her hair looks brown...I mean was anyone expecting brown hair? lots of wonky lighting
ww2.jpg

I think it looks fine...video lighting and studio still lighting are making a difference....angle of the shot in the video as well... did I miss some new studio shots? In the original studio shot her hair looks brown...I mean was anyone expecting brown hair? lots of wonky lighting
View attachment 438580
I think it looks pretty damn good in this comparison shot.

To me it looks really good too, maybe it’s missing a little bit of shadowing under the eyes but that’s it.

XM, Iron Studios and Prime 1 already paint their statues to look like the prototype.... The reason SS doesn't do it is because they don't want to pay the factory extra for the higher quality.

XM, Iron Studios and Prime 1 already paint their statues to look like the prototype.... The reason SS doesn't do it is because they don't want to pay the factory extra for the higher quality.

And/or the other companies are more realistic in what they expect their factories can produce. In that the factory supposedly may even produce the prototype sample that is used in early promotional shots, whereas Sideshow use their internal master painters to produce prototypes which may not be able to be replicated no matter how much they pay the factory.

And/or the other companies are more realistic in what they expect their factories can produce. In that the factory supposedly may even produce the prototype sample that is used in early promotional shots, whereas Sideshow use their internal master painters to produce prototypes which may not be able to be replicated no matter how much they pay the factory.

Others do this also to a certain extent, like dc collectibles. Is more of a low end thing to do, but I see why it annoys people as their prices aren't cheap. Doesn't bother me, I'll just buy something else if SS aren't up to scratch

Most of Prime 1's production statues look just as good as SS prototypes... Bottom line is XM, Prime 1 and Iron Studios production pieces look better then most SS production pieces (quality wise) there are some exceptions though, but overall there is a lot of room for improvement from SS with their factories when it comes to production pieces.

Back