Statue Sideshow New Wonder Woman Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not just the tiara. If you look closely everything is slightly darker, the Reds, any "golds" now appear orange. Her skin tone is the worst offender which is what kills the face.
It's almost like they gotta **** something up after getting a couple perfect. Black Widow and Batwoman are amazing. Was it wonder woman's turn again on the "oopsie" line??

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the factory painting this has to send a sample to Sideshow before they do mass production, right? If so, Sideshow needs to address paint jobs like this in that stage of the game. I guess they didn't find anything wrong :dunno

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the factory painting this has to send a sample to Sideshow before they do mass production, right? If so, Sideshow needs to address paint jobs like this in that stage of the game. I guess they didn't find anything wrong :dunno

I've seen videos where sideshow claims they have reps on site at the factory.

I rarely complain about production pieces and for the most part, almost every PF I've ordered looks great when I get it in. I'm totally disappointed with this paint job. I'll wait until I see it in person but right now, this looks awful compared to the proto :(

View attachment 437197
True say.
Production looks to have a pinkish skintone in comparison. Also the caked on eye liner isn't helping as another member mentioned.
I'm hoping it won't be that bad... Black Widow came out looking mostly like the prototype and I think she looks better in person than in the production pictures.

Yes but your talking about a world renown painter painting a one off piece vs an assembly line worker painting the production piece. To achieve the nuance of the proto paint your looking at hundreds of dollars for the paint alone.

I love how the comparison on these forums easily takes the worse looking photo of the bunch. There's plenty of photos they posted that look great of the production piece.

Looks killer, cant wait.

This is a good point BUT I think the rub lies with the fact that other companies like XM and Prime 1 don’t seem to have the same problems between their prototypes and their final product. Of course they generally cost a lot more. Though Tweeterhead, at a smaller scale and price point, tends to turn out some great looking paint on their pieces. I agree that the jury is out on this one though. It will be helpful to start seeing what people get as sometimes the photography can be deceptive. It really does seem to make sense to wait these days as many have pointed out - so few pieces sell out immediately any more.

Let’s see how this one really turns out. She is the best out of the trinity.

Let’s see how this one really turns out. She is the best out of the trinity.

I hope so. But it looks like I'll probably complete two sets of movie related Trinity's in 1/2 and 1/3 scales, before I complete a Trinity comic mixed/set.

It's not like the prototype but hoping when I get her I am not so disappointed after all. What can we do, we either take it or leave it..:gah:

Exactly...I'm going to wait to see in hand pictures before I decide what to do, let's hope for the best.

Yes but your talking about a world renown painter painting a one off piece vs an assembly line worker painting the production piece. To achieve the nuance of the proto paint your looking at hundreds of dollars for the paint alone.

I love how the comparison on these forums easily takes the worse looking photo of the bunch. There's plenty of photos they posted that look great of the production piece.

Looks killer, cant wait.

I don't expect the factory to paint exactly like the proto but like I said earlier, I rarely order a piece that looks this off from the proto, maybe I've been lucky. And honestly, I didn't pick the worst looking photo, I think they all look bad :lol

When you have it in hand you won't be comparing it directly to a prototype sitting next to it. It will exist for you, singularly, in your living space.
That primacy gives it a kind of authority.

Much different than throwing up two images on a monitor and comparing them side by side.

You can take a picture then upload that and then pull images of the prototype up to directly compare that way...but that seems like a whole lot of effort designed only to further your baked in insecurities.

I think those that are willing to keep their preorder, will most likely keep their orders for two reasons. They will genuinely like the piece and/or because of these early photos they would have already prepared themselves for worst case scenarios, but because as we all know pieces generally look better in hand than in photos.

Or if they're like me, they could just be too lazy to box up a statue and return/replace it in fear of getting an even worse one.

But at the end of the day I hope everyone gets a piece they're happy to have in their collections.

The Sideshow unboxing video looked great and the statue looked better there than the in-hand pics. What did they do- box up the prototype and open that? :lol

The Sideshow unboxing video looked great and the statue looked better there than the in-hand pics. What did they do- box up the prototype and open that? :lol

The two main issues that I have with the statue I also saw on the unboxing video. But honestly when I first saw the video I did mention that it more or less looked great. It was only when I went back to it on a second viewing (or was it the third time) that I had issues with it.

So does that mean I'm over analysing it? Because I'm quite sure that if I had it in hand I would probably go over it even closer.

But in either case, it's all too possible that all things being equal, two people could very well have two different reactions from the very same piece, and that's saying nothing about the situation that you could buy two duplicate statues (which I've done on a few occasions) and receive two paint application and assembling standards, which has also happened to me.

I think some of you guys are to generous when it comes to SS.. I mean Iron Studios, Prime 1 and XM always get their statues to look like the prototype or extremely close to it, I'm not sure why some people seem to think that it's ok to give SS a free pass..

I know the others charge more, putting shipping costs aside for the moment, XM statues are around $600-$700, Prime one are $1000 but they are 1:3 scale and Iron Studios are usually around $650.... If raising the price to $650 means I get a prototype quality statue from SS I would be more then happy to pay it....

Or if they're like me, they could just be too lazy to box up a statue and return/replace it in fear of getting an even worse one.

This has happened to me so many times. I've shipped the same statue two or three different times and still ended up wishing I just settled for the original one I got. Now I will only send something back if it is absolutely unbearable.

Back