Statue Sideshow New Wonder Woman Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup ...the EX is not a must for me. I actually like it more without the exclusive option.

Yup ...the EX is not a must for me. I actually like it more without the exclusive option.

Same, but I think it is a good option for an EX. I wouldn't display it personally so will pick up the reg if the paint on the head turns out decent. If not, I'll get the prime 1 new 52 when that comes out

I got the 1st WW with now:: magnets instead of pegs. And will be getting the new WW cause I love her face and pose. Just hope it ships after the X-Mas rush. I know the EXC on the new WW is kind of weak but at least you still have that option.

Sideshow posted pics of a "production" piece. Face def drops in quality. Eyes lack the depth the proto had. She still looks good but not a must have. I guess it was wishful thinking of me to think it would look as good as the proto. Congrats to those that are happy about getting her though!

dc-comics-wonder-woman-premium-format-figure-sideshow-300664-12.jpg

Honestly, at this point, it seems that the eyes are make or break for me when I buy a statue now. It can change an entire look of a face sculpt if they aren't painted correctly. This statue definitely loses some of its luster for me. It is almost like they forgot to paint some shading on the bottom of the eye.

Why is her skin tone so much darker. That's what's making everything look so different.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

The paint jobs on the production pieces always tend to be so much flatter. This is the problem with having a professional painter paint ONE SINGLE PROTO and use that to take preorders. Granted, most people have realized the pattern and a lot of us now wait, with good reason. You just can't match the quality unless you spend a lot more money painting the production pieces and on QC. It's disappointing but at least we save money since most of the homerun protos end up being much lower in quality in production.

It still looks good stand alone without comparing to the proto but it really looks better with the lighter skin.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

I rarely complain about production pieces and for the most part, almost every PF I've ordered looks great when I get it in. I'm totally disappointed with this paint job. I'll wait until I see it in person but right now, this looks awful compared to the proto :(

WW.jpg

Looks terrible. The best thing about this was how pretty she looked but now I'm disappointed how bad her face looks. This really sucks. The proto face is 100x better. ****...I've got one more $160 payment to go on this...lol I was really looking forward to this. I'd overlook this on most characters but not Wonder Woman. I passed on the first WW pf because she looked like a man and I knew it was only a matter of time before we get another but this really sucks. Jesus Christ...those eyes...

Honestly I think it's okay at best.

My two problems are the details around the eye. On the prototype you could see the fine details of the upper eye lid, but now it's simply been caked in black (which is quite common on statues unfortunately). And secondly I wish the Tiara was the prototype yellow gold rather than the production pieces orange gold. Just looks far cheaper in contrast.

And not that it should matter, but this is taking a beating on a couple of Facebook groups that I frequent. And as I'm about to preorder the Aquaman movie piece, this type of production quality is in the back of my mind. But luckily I can easily cancel pieces from my local retailer with no consequences.

I wonder how much David Fisher would charge to repaint this face. What a ****ing disappointment. Merry Christmas, my ass.

My two problems are the details around the eye. On the prototype you could see the fine details of the upper eye lid, but now it's simply been caked in black (which is quite common on statues unfortunately). And secondly I wish the Tiara was the prototype yellow gold rather than the production pieces orange gold. Just looks far cheaper in contrast.

And not that it should matter, but this is taking a beating on a couple of Facebook groups that I frequent. And as I'm about to preorder the Aquaman movie piece, this type of production quality is in the back of my mind. But luckily I can easily cancel pieces from my local retailer with no consequences.

Yes, I have a feeling that Momoa head sculpt on the production piece is not going to look anything like him. At this point with SSC, the odds are that will be the case.

Yes, I have a feeling that Momoa head sculpt on the production piece is not going to look anything like him. At this point with SSC, the odds are that will be the case.

Unfortunate, but probably true.

I'll be crossing my fingers with regards to that Aquaman piece :pray:

They do....occasionally.....sometimes.....okay rarely produce a great movie related piece. Any thing is possible.

I noticed the orange gold too Phoenixblazes...it cheapens the look unfortunately

Back