Statue Sideshow New Wonder Woman Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s in line with the production shots.

It’s still probably going to one of the better ‘comic based’ pieces of WW for awhile. But unfortunately at this time, I’ll have to settle for my 3x DCEU versions, including preorders.

Now to go watch the video review......

..... it just might be the lighting (as the face was covered in shadows), but are the eyes in proper alignment? You might want to use a soft light box for future videos.

When I first saw the prototype images, I knew it would be extremely hard for Sideshow to replicate the quality on the face on the production piece, and because of that I held off from preordering. And while it still looks great overall, I’m satisfied I made the right decision for me.

Best WW statue out there. Turned out just like I thought it would...excellent. The portrait and overall anatomical accuracy (good mix of strength and softness) will be hard to beat for some time I think.

Yeah whoever ordered this, I would suggest you give the eyes a good look over as it seems WW might have a small case of googly eyes... I've seen some of the other pictures on Facebook and the eyes looked ok so it might be a random thing...

Impressive- love the shading of the legs and arms. The torches flicker- that really gives it life! Going to have to get this one now..arghhh

Yeah whoever ordered this, I would suggest you give the eyes a good look over as it seems WW might have a small case of googly eyes... I've seen some of the other pictures on Facebook and the eyes looked ok so it might be a random thing...
Where are these Facebook pics? I've tried looking with no luck.

She’s definitely googly eyed, the eye shadow is just too thick also, makes it look weird for me at least, the rest of the statue is really nice though, not sure why they went with that large key hole on her back when the shield has a strap.

You would think having transfers would make it harder for them to have messed up eyes, I guess maybe they didn’t have a guide for them or something. I’ve fixed a lot of googly eyes with archer transfers.

You would think having transfers would make it harder for them to have messed up eyes, I guess maybe they didn’t have a guide for them or something. I’ve fixed a lot of googly eyes with archer transfers.
She looks pretty good. A solid 90 percent. Sadly some of the beauty from the prototype appears to be missing in production. It is as expected.

As for the eyes... I have never done transfers before but I might try it. My Emma Frost has two heads and some googlies to practice. Do you have pictures of a fix you completed?

I must be blind myself. Because I don't see anything even remotely off about this statue. After I get this all I need is a classic Flash and a PF Nightcrawler.

I must be blind myself. Because I don't see anything even remotely off about this statue. After I get this all I need is a classic Flash and a PF Nightcrawler.

It depends on what you’re expecting or looking for.

If you’re comparing it the the original prototype promotional photos, than imo there is quite the gulf between those and the final production shots (of which anyone will tell you it was to be expected). It has lost the extra almost realistic beauty that it had. Now without the finer details it looks a lot flatter in comparison. However again if it wasn’t for those original prototype shots, no one would be complaining, as it compares well to the best ‘Sideshow’ comic based production pieces out there.

And of course on a couple of collectors statues they’ve had issues with the eye decals, but unfortunately that’s not so unusual as it happens from time to time. We can only hope that the rest of the production run is okay.

Back