Statue Sideshow New Wonder Woman Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has it now been confirmed that it isn't removable? I know everyone was saying it is but there was no actual confirmation

Has it now been confirmed that it isn't removable? I know everyone was saying it is but there was no actual confirmation

Davi over on statueforum emailed Sideshow about it and this is the response they got.

"" I spoke with my production team in regards to this inquiry. As of this time the shield will be meant for permanent display, as shown on our website in the gallery images. It is not intended to be removed. ""

It's a bit cryptic because they say "Meant" and "Intended", so it still might be an option to display her without it. Unless they key her body to hold the shield or glue it to her body, you should be able to display her without it... I have a feeling SS has to say what they said because of the licensing agreement with DC, since DC has to approve the look of the statue, the approval probably requires her to have the shield/sword on her but once you put her together at home you should be able to show her without it, given it's not keyed to her body.

Davi over on statueforum emailed Sideshow about it and this is the response they got.

"" I spoke with my production team in regards to this inquiry. As of this time the shield will be meant for permanent display, as shown on our website in the gallery images. It is not intended to be removed. ""

It's a bit cryptic because they say "Meant" and "Intended", so it still might be an option to display her without it. Unless they key her body to hold the shield or glue it to her body, you should be able to display her without it... I have a feeling SS has to say what they said because of the licensing agreement with DC, since DC has to approve the look of the statue, the approval probably requires her to have the shield/sword on her but once you put her together at home you should be able to show her without it, given it's not keyed to her body.

I read it as "it's not removable" :lol But who knows; that could change pending DC approval. :huh

Below is an excerpt from my chat with a Sideshow rep a few minutes ago on their website. One of my questions was whether the sword and shield are removable.

Sideshow Rep: As for the sword and shield, it is too soon to tell since it is still a prototype, but from my experience and the way she is positioned, I want to say yes because of the way we will have to package it.

Me: So in other words, you think it will be removable to make it easier to transport?

Sideshow Rep: I believe so yes, that way she doesn't get damaged in route to you. Again, I cannot confirm this but compared to other previous statues it is a possibility.

That doesn’t mean it won’t be keyed in. For example, you don’t have to display Power Girl with her cape, but if you skip the cape, she’ll have a large hole next to her left shoulder.

No shield
cbfa17c3ef56b8881ea9c85cd3873089.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That's such a wonderful back sculpt. It would be a shame to hide that permanently. Having various display options are one of the fun things when collecting some of these statues.

Ok thanks for that. I too hope it is removable with no peg holes but their statement seems pretty clear. It won't stop me from buying though

He back is awesome and could be shown off with a mirror backed display curio however as always the issues of greatest importance are always the face, pose, paint, and overall art direction and every one of those has been knocked out of the park. There's no way I'd ever let that shield (which looks quite cool in and of itself) be a deal breaker.

He back is awesome and could be shown off with a mirror backed display curio however as always the issues of greatest importance are always the face, pose, paint, and overall art direction and every one of those has been knocked out of the park. There's no way I'd ever let that shield (which looks quite cool in and of itself) be a deal breaker.

I agree. I think the shield & sword look awesome despite the fact they they cover up the amazing muscle detail of WW's back.

Yes and I can't tell for certain but it looks like her hair might also be sculpted to look like it's curling over the top of her shield. If the shield is removed it might give the back of her hair an unnatural curl that is seemingly suspended in midair. I haven't scrutinized the pics of her hair from all angles to say for certain but I believe that that might be the case.

Either way I pretty much see this as the "Michelangelo's David" of WW statues (and possibly female superhero statues period) so it's hard to find fault with it over minor things like that.

I agree. I think the shield & sword look awesome despite the fact they they cover up the amazing muscle detail of WW's back.

But.... But.... The strap covers up her cleavage :crying

Yes and I can't tell for certain but it looks like her hair might also be sculpted to look like it's curling over the top of her shield. If the shield is removed it might give the back of her hair an unnatural curl that is seemingly suspended in midair. I haven't scrutinized the pics of her hair from all angles to say for certain but I believe that that might be the case.

Either way I pretty much see this as the "Michelangelo's David" of WW statues (and possibly female superhero statues period) so it's hard to find fault with it over minor things like that.

I think that's a non-issue as her hair is blowing over the shield and not draped over the shield. If her hair was draped over the shield then it would look weird without the shield on...

Looking at the B&W pic, the hair w/o the sword & shield underneath looks like it could be a quick twist of the head motion.

But.... But.... The strap covers up her cleavage :crying

:lol :lol :lol

Making the shield and sword permanent means an additional step in the production process, IMO. If they make it removable, then they can forgo the step to affix the shield and sword onto her back. Let the collector do that if he/she wishes.

To me, it does not make sense (especially financially) for Sideshow to spend so much time and effort in sculpting Wonder Woman's back muscles and showing it off on Instagram if it cannot be viewed because the shield is not removable. Sideshow can make a hole on Wonder Woman's back but this seems superfluous to me because Sideshow will have to figure out how to make the shield stay on if that is the case. It is much easier (and cheaper) for Sideshow to include a removable shield that can be strapped on to the statue's back if the collector wishes to do so.

I pulled the trigger and started making payments today with fingers crossed that the shield can come off. I'm in agreement with recent posts...it looks like it can, sounds like it can, and I hope it can. Even if not, I don't see myself regretting this.

Any guesses on when Sideshow will determine the ES and how much it will be?

Last edited:
Back