Statue Sideshow New Batman Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fire the art director at sideshow. he's a complete moron

IMO, Igo has lost his mind. I actually don't mind some liberties taken with costumes but this has gotten out of hand already. Pass on Mags, pass, on Cap, pass on Deathstroker, and pass on Bats. 2 PFs (Deathstroker and Cap) would have been slam dunk POs for me if they were in classic costumes. I probably would've ordered all 4 PFs I mentioned if they looked good. Instead, I'm passing on just about everything I'm seeing from sideshow nowadays.

IMO, Igo has lost his mind. I actually don't mind some liberties taken with costumes but this has gotten out of hand already. Pass on Mags, pass, on Cap, pass on Deathstroker, and pass on Bats. 2 PFs (Deathstroker and Cap) would have been slam dunk POs for me if they were in classic costumes. I probably would've ordered all 4 PFs I mentioned if they looked good. Instead, I'm passing on just about everything I'm seeing from sideshow nowadays.

It's especially baffling when you look at the reactions to the various pieces they're putting out. Wonder Woman: 100% comic accurate, everyone adores it. Wolverine: extremely comic accurate, people are lining up to smash the pre-order button. Cap and Deathstroke? Nope. Magneto's outcry was so bad that they actually went back and changed it. If you had told me I'd be passing on a Cap PF sculpted by Daniel Bel a year ago I would've said you're out of your mind but Sideshow doesn't seem to know how to stop when it comes to these designs.

That said, this Batman definitely is not on the level of something like Cap or the original Magneto, it still has a lot of good points. Portrait is fantastic,the upper body is great, like the battle damage and the cape design. But what is going on with those legs?! They look like they came from a completely separate design.

I think they're just really pleased with the advances in digital sculpting and casting quality that they're throwing random details and textures all over the place. But...

could-should.jpg

Agree with most of your criticism but mags is much truer to classic (sans trunks) vs the other 3 you mentioned.
And Batman’s upper half is excellent. Just need to decide if I can live with those chaps LOL!!

I don’t get it either. We buy these statues because we love the characters from the comic books. Just make them like they should look! We don’t need Sideshow’s take on the costumes. I don’t get why Iron Studios messed with Superman’s costume either. If they had just made a comic book accurate costume, I would have bought it. Oh well, money saved.

A lot of people are but that's not slowing them down. They will still produce hundreds (thousands) total of every statue. Overly creative designed and all. I don't understand their creative process sometimes but, hey, someone still paying the art directors and approving the prototypes.

Fact remains the majority likes and keeps buying. For every 1 complaint on their art direction 10 really dig it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeeeeeah, that's going to be a no for me.

You'd think Batman would be an easy knock it out of the park for a homerun.

...SS isn't even playing the same game.

Fact remains the majority likes and keeps buying. For every 1 complaint on their art direction 10 really dig it lol

What? You don't know how many they're making for this statue. It could be an extremely low count due to backlash, same as what happened with Lion-O. If you like it, that's your prerogative. But don't get all ******** saying that it's a "fact" that "the majority" likes this just because there have been a lot of negative reactions to a statue that you happen to like.

It' a shame really, a lot of this statue I really like but as a whole it's just baffling. Why do they not listen to feedback like Prime 1 do? They seem more eager to not upset their own artists that give collectors what they ask for. Multiple great comic iterations of Batman they could do, why not stick to the source material?

Igo also refused to let the new Superman PF have red trunks even though the designers wanted him to have red trunks. Now the new Superman PF is passe before he's even released. The comics have brought back the red trunks. It's time for some new blood at Sideshow... pink slips perhaps

Yeeeeeah, that's going to be a no for me.

You'd think Batman would be an easy knock it out of the park for a homerun.

...SS isn't even playing the same game.

What? You don't know how many they're making for this statue. It could be an extremely low count due to backlash, same as what happened with Lion-O. If you like it, that's your prerogative. But don't get all ******** saying that it's a "fact" that "the majority" likes this just because there have been a lot of negative reactions to a statue that you happen to like.

Relax. Like it as in the liberty SS takes on these characters. Fine, “facts” was not the correct word. I just doubt SS would continue to do their own take time and time again if these were not selling.

:lol :lol :lol I wonder how many leg day comments we will see whenever it's shown on sideshow Live :lol :lol :lol

:lol:lol:lol

Gotta love a good old sideshow freaks reaction :lol

There are a few little elements I wish were different, the biggest to me being the drastic change from his chest material to the leg material. If the chest, or at least more of the ribs (so he had more of a narrow armour plate ab section) were the same textured material as the legs then this would be perfect to me, as he has that armoured modern tactical look going on which I’m really into. I also don’t like how the chest is a different colour to everything else.

But I will wait for more pictures because maybe more of the textured material IS on the torso and we just haven’t seen it yet.

He is massive, but he should be. He’s batman. I’ve seen people saying he should be built like a gymnast. No. No he shouldn’t. Leave.

The only other nit pick for me is how sideshow sculpt Batman’s mouth. It’s always ugly and full of age lines and frown lines. Makes him look old as ****.

Can’t help but feel like if this was P1 people would like it. But because it’s sideshow it’s cool to hate on them.

Overall I like this enough to order! I’m excited for more pics

Still can not see the hate, This PF looks Badass. If it was New 52 or Rebirth, it wold be a hard pass for me, so happy they went in their own direction. If you are looking for more of a current comic accurate Bats, Prime 1 and SSC already have that in the pipeline. (in 1/4!!!) And I personally think the New 52 is miles ahead of the Rebirth suit.

To sit here and nit pick every design element, the New 52 version has Bat head shaped knee caps and lines of an alien spaceship. The rebirth suit has a purple cape with a bat shaped belt! This thing could have been horrendous.

Been lurking these forums for a while now, love to browse through it in work, but honestly what a tough crowd :cuckoo:. I've seen and owned numerous XM and Prime 1 pieces that have been absolutely shockingly poor and I've never seen those statues get anything like the hate some of SideShows stuff gets :lecture

I actually like this and intend on getting it. Sure there's a few things I'd like to change but I usually feel that way about every statue.

I like this. Will need to see more of it though. Hopefully a better ex than the standard batarang hand.

Back