Statue Sideshow New Batman Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GA is not one of my most favorite characters, but I like him. And since I have the Black Canary PF, I'm getting GA, too.

GA is not one of my most favorite characters, but I like him. And since I have the Black Canary PF, I'm getting GA, too.

He's a fantastic statue, is like the recent red Sonja piece, I loved it but as I know nothing about the character I couldn't decide to buy her

Green Arrow is the best of these no question, flawless from base to head. If I had any interest in the character it would be a must buy. Wonder Woman looks almost as good especially with the exclusive skirt. Really love everything about the John Stewart figure but the construct is giving me doubts about pre-ordering. Superman looks good apart from the chin and disco ball base. Batman the obvious weak link sadly.

Fingers crossed for the Flash as the next reveal.

Agreed. He is definitely bulkier than he should be. I picture Superman being bigger than Batman.[emoji123]

Supes don't need the muscle mass to squash everything in sight.

At times, I think someone at SSC must really believe Batman is just a bruiser with high-tech toys. Rather than a skilled, smart and agile fighter like Captain America.

I think he's both really. As much as Year One is one of my favorites stories, it's a lot about the gadgetry, etc.

He looks heavy and clumsy. The oversized boots and gloves, the bulk of his body. If you grew up reading comics where he’s an agile athlete then this statue must feel like a disappointment. I feel like it’s directed more at the video games market, it looks more like something from the Arkham games. In that he crushes with the rest of the group.

Supes don't need the muscle mass to squash everything in sight.

I think he's both really. As much as Year One is one of my favorites stories, it's a lot about the gadgetry, etc.

Do you see Batman being more about his gadgets or do you see him more as a skilled fighter and a skilled detective?

I know he has both gadgets and skills ...but to me he's more about the skills he attained through different training. That's the part that always amazed me about Batman ...his desire to learning every skill he thought would help him beat criminals mentally and physically. To me the gadgets are secondary ...they're only there to help him and he'd still kick ass without his gadgets. He shouldn't look like a bruiser ...like a muscled out bouncer. He should have a build more in between Daredevil and Captain America ...because in my opinion Batman is on the same level as DD or Cap.

He looks heavy and clumsy. The oversized boots and gloves, the bulk of his body. If you grew up reading comics where he’s an agile athlete then this statue must feel like a disappointment. I feel like it’s directed more at the video games market, it looks more like something from the Arkham games. In that he crushes with the rest of the group.

Exactly

Do you see Batman being more about his gadgets or do you see him more as a skilled fighter and a skilled detective?

I know he has both gadgets and skills ...but to me he's more about the skills he attained through different training. That's the part that always amazed me about Batman ...his desire to learning every skill he thought would help him beat criminals mentally and physically. To me the gadgets are secondary ...they're only there to help him and he'd still kick ass without his gadgets. He shouldn't look like a bruiser ...like a muscled out bouncer. He should have a build more in between Daredevil and Captain America ...because in my opinion Batman is on the same level as DD or Cap.

Does that mean you wouldn't be a fan of the Jim Lee or Frank Miller Batman?

Cap is Cap, he's a another level entirely. I think DD can almost outdo Batman given his "psionic" abilities in some cases, and Matt is a brawler. Being able to brawl (well) is as much a skill as any martial art. Frank is a great hand to hand tactician but has to brawl all the time as a lot of fights just end up that way especially against multiple opponents. All opinions will vary... but make no mistake, the gadgets and tech are very much a part of the character, especially now. Compared to a lot (most) of the other JL members, Bruce is the most vulnerable one physically. Body armor, gadgets / tech and the vast array of knowledge levels the playing field. And the money to pay for it all.

A lot of the P1 offerings are heavily muscled as well, over the years Batman has been drawn with multiple physical proportions from slim to power-lifter almost.

Last edited:
Jim Lee... yes!
Frank Miller... no!

Yeah I just meant both versions are big, though Lee draws all his characters with exaggerated physiques so I guess he's just in proportion with the rest. I like the bigger Batman generally but do prefer stories that focus on the strategy and detective side of his character. Live action movies in particular often neglect that.

Same. Yes to Jim Lee Batman.

I like Frank Miller Batman only because its in Bats later years.

Jim Lee is my favourite Batman artist and why I was hoping Sideshow would do a PF based on his work rather than this mishmash of styles they've come up with.

Cap is Cap, he's a another level entirely. I think DD can almost outdo Batman given his "psionic" abilities in some cases, and Matt is a brawler. Being able to brawl (well) is as much a skill as any martial art. Frank is a great hand to hand tactician but has to brawl all the time as a lot of fights just end up that way especially against multiple opponents. All opinions will vary... but make no mistake, the gadgets and tech are very much a part of the character, especially now. Compared to a lot (most) of the other JL members, Bruce is the most vulnerable one physically. Body armor, gadgets / tech and the vast array of knowledge levels the playing field. And the money to pay for it all.

A lot of the P1 offerings are heavily muscled as well, over the years Batman has been drawn with multiple physical proportions from slim to power-lifter almost.

Yea, see ...I don't look at it that way. Obviously, we have a difference in opinion.

But I see Batman as more than a brawler. Yea, that requires skill, too. But Batman uses fighting skill, gymnastics and strategy to his advantage ...thus more than a brawler. More precision and intellect than brawn. Same with Cap ...he's more strategy and skill. Again ...I have to say ...yes, the gadgets and tech are a part of Batman ...but secondary in my opinion. Even when Batman battles superhumans ...he uses strategy and skill first ...and uses tech second to help even the odds. What do we always say ...give Batman enough time and he'll find a way to defeat anyone. That's because he analyzes his opponents and use their weakness against them. Intellect and skills first ....gadgets second.

I blame the Batman movies that show him very dependent on his gadgets and tech. Like as if he wouldn't survive without them. That's just wrong.

Back