1/6 Sideshow Mythos Obi Wan 1/6 Desert Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just picked up my first two Hot Toys figures with TLJ Rey and ESB Hoth Leia earlier this month, and they were nice enough that they convinced me to splurge on Deluxe Boba Fett and Mythos Obi-Wan as a Christmas gift to myself.

I'm a newbie to stuff in this scale and so I'm not savvy to the finer discrepancies in detail between Sideshow's work and Hot Toys', but I'll be goddamned if that Mythos Kenobi ain't probably the coolest "toy" I've ever laid hands on. (And thanks to Display Heroes for the lightning-quick turnaround on getting me a display topper for Ben!)

View attachment 437591

Congrats. Looks great!

Yes one of the first questioned asked to the SS team upon reveal at SDCC 2017 was does the armor fit the figure? They soundly said no, it’s not made to be worn on the figure. But I’d bet dollars to donuts someone will try it.

Oh, jeez. I've already got the Deluxe R2 and Deluxe Endor Luke on pre-order, but I'd cancel that in a heartbeat if they happen to announce a new Bespin Luke figure for Empire's 40th anniversary (which they've GOTTA do, right?)

It's a never-ending chain reaction... You'll get Han but then will want Chewie as well, then Leia, etc... You've got Deluxe R2 on pre-order and will definitely want the inevitable 3PO...

Nimrod says it best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zkw7758Whs

Hey fellas, got this as an xmas present, very happy with it. All the issues have been discussed, got some sand/dirt from a construction site and glued it to the base, not sure how long it will last but better then the black. On that note even the older ssc sw figs have the star wars brand on the base, odd that this is plain.

Attachments

• 20181227_105529.jpg
    20181227_105529.jpg
    604.4 KB · Views: 248
  • 20181227_105503.jpg
    20181227_105503.jpg
    619.7 KB · Views: 245
Hey fellas, got this as an xmas present, very happy with it. All the issues have been discussed, got some sand/dirt from a construction site and glued it to the base, not sure how long it will last but better then the black. On that note even the older ssc sw figs have the star wars brand on the base, odd that this is plain.

Looks great! Awesome job on the base, dig it!

The Star Wars logos kinda sucked on the older bases, the paint would always rub off on my figures feet. Much better plain, and a bit more classy looking anyway IMO.

I have POed the fig, and I bought TA's last backpack taking for granted the armor looked wide enough and I'll be able to part it out and use each element independently to enrich other customs, then build a CW Obi with the armor... :-(

Anyways both will take a VERY LONG time to get to me, as I am not US-based and all I purchase in the US goes through freighting, so...... :-(
When the backpack gets to me, I'll do some tryouts, take pics and let you know.

Damn it...
:-(
m.

It's already been discussed. It doesn't fit.

Sideshow's product page for the figure notes that the armor cannot be worn.

Please post pictures of yours after you try putting it on.

Yes one of the first questioned asked to the SS team upon reveal at SDCC 2017 was does the armor fit the figure? They soundly said no, it’s not made to be worn on the figure. But I’d bet dollars to donuts someone will try it.

Nice pics and videos all. Have shown this figure to look much better than the promo shots of the production version that were released. I'm going to pick one up, I'm still salty that I missed the statue so this is next best thing.

What is this version of the character from? He looks like he’s exploring, but if he’s doing that, who’s making sure Luke is safe?

Maybe he’s looking for his hut? But I’d think he would use a pack animal or transport of some kind to get there.

And why is he carrying so much gear that outs him as a Jedi?

I think this falls into the “It looks cool, so who cares if it makes sense” category.

Bummer the shoulder/chest armor doesn’t fit, I really wanted to use it for a custom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is this version of the character from? He looks like he’s exploring, but if he’s doing that, who’s making sure Luke is safe?

Maybe he’s looking for his hut? But I’d think he would use a pack animal or transport of some kind to get there.

And why is he carrying so much gear that outs him as a Jedi?

I think this falls into the “It looks cool, so who cares if it makes sense” category.

Bummer the shoulder/chest armor doesn’t fit, I really wanted to use it for a custom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had these same mental questions, especially the "why is he carrying gear that outs him as a Jedi" as he goes into hiding right after order 66. The figure really makes no sense at all.

But it's so damn cool looking it gets a pass, and I want one in my collection anyway lol

He is toting it all looking for a permanent place to live. He is a desert Nomad and this was established in the old lore. He didn't settle into his ANH hope right away. And the reason he is carrying all the obvious Jedi items is because he is sentimental. His whole life from a very young age was the jedi order...it's all he has known until order 66 and the desert wastes of Tatooine. Obviously once he settled into his hut he wouldn't carry any of those things around anymore. It also shows that though he is a Jedi...or was, that they are just people like anyone else, not free from attachment as one would be inclined to believe, just the idea of him keeping Qui Gon's saber is wrong according to the Jedi code, but at the end of the day he is human and has those attachments. Don't over think it, he is a beautiful "what if" figure and his story needs to be told.

Just curious, has anyone tried putting the old ROTS Kenobi Sideshow sculpt on this? I am suddenly sort of curious if it works and how it looks. To me the included sculpt has almost no McGregor resemblance. A shame that two sculpts were not included with this figure like with the statue. Would have justified the relatively high price.

That HT old Ben sculpt is awful. Way behind Sideshow's old Ben.
Seeing them side by side shows how much the mythos sculpt resembles Guinness, and HT does not.

Good job Side :wink1:

Incredible pics Pizza! Especially dig the headshots as they show the quality of the sculpt/paint. This figure is one of SSC’s best, instant classic imo!

I got mine yesterday in an ebay local pick up auction, and it does feel like a solid high quality figure in hand, very happy I decided to get him.

I can definitely confirm that the armor will not ever fit on the figure now. There’s no way you’ll ever get a neck through that tiny warped hole. This doesnt bother me, but just thought id mention it as I know a few folks want to customize a CW Kenobi.

The only complaint I could have is maybe how SSC packed the figure. His backpack is crammed in underneath the figure and if its off in any way, pressure ends up being applied to the weapons and such. One of my gaffi sticks is slightly bent at the end, and Im way too afraid to try and straighten it out lol

Back