1/6 Sideshow Mythos Obi Wan 1/6 Desert Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice shots, Link...

Chemicals...if you like the character and the concept, you'll like the figure. Just ask anyone in here who has picked it up. We can't stop futzing with it and taking pictures. It is so incredibly eye-catching and cool.

Sure, it’s not a bad figure. However at that price which is usually more than Hot Toys. The head is nowhere near as good or realistic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

47da2f815ba2a7127ab8f3ad7ba437bc.jpg

As jedibear put it, this figure is a very special one (a first for me) where the concept is so strong that you can turn a blind eye to any execution flaws (which undeniably exist). I just can't wrap myself around why SSC would do that ****** head and e.g. such awesome hands. You know, fully detailed fingernails??? Has anybody of you guys seen that on any other figure before? (well done?)

My 2 cents: get this figure before it is too late, and customize away its issues. For starters, get rid of its nonsensical head asap, wait for ROTS Obi to come out, get its head and put it on this fig. It will rock.

RfC
m.

I’m tempted to get this figure, but I’m not impressed by the head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This figure tell a story about the character that wasn’t seen in the films. What would Obi Wan look like or experience between RotS and ANH? Nothing too fancy, it’s just a different look to fit the “mythic” story line.

...and what they presented in the statue (and now in this fig) is quite logical, seamless wrt the lore, and utterly endearing. As if issued from '77 Lucasfilm themselves! The OT and the PT shake hands right at this fig, while opening a window onto exciting untold stories. I almost want to see that Obi spinoff movie! (wait, did I just say that????)

RfC
m.

I just can't wrap myself around why SSC would do that ****** head and e.g. such awesome hands. You know, fully detailed fingernails??? Has anybody of you guys seen that on any other figure before? (well done?)

Those perfectly manicured nails are hilarious to me. Not even Sideshow's $550+ female statues get the same treatment! :lol

Cheers Link. Ideas just keep pooping up in my head for this figure

That Greedo seems to have really held up well. And is that a Hasbro R5 you snuck in there? Still looks great amidst everything else. :clap

Greedo doing well for his age :D Has seriously loose ankles though. Was a real challenge to get him to stand unaided. It is indeed a Hasbro R5. Got him for a few bucks but I really need to improve his weathering

Back