1/6 Sideshow Mythos Obi Wan 1/6 Desert Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Boba doesn't seem to go far enough to me. Seems like the only real think they added is the Kama. I'd love to see SS do a Shaak Ti mythos actually. Not sure how much she'd sell, but the expanded designs for her are pretty awesome.
BTW you guys have some very cool pics.

I would LOVE to see a MYTHOS Shaak Ti - Sideshow did a pretty cool looking Premium Format figure of her years back. My issue of concern would be the base body for her..Sideshow hasn't re-visited the female base body for quite some time (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) and it would have to be a pretty significant upgrade to make it work - one I don't know if they would feel like doing for a figure that would be (nowadays) considered a fringe character. Aylaa Secura could be cool too but same issue...

As for the Mythos Fett, on the surface it may look like the kama may be the most significant change to a standard Fett, but I'm hopeful Sideshow is taking the opportunity to strengthen the basic things on Fett from their last release, from the chest plating to the armor pieces...hopefully it will have even great detail than before. The color scheme and waist belt look more akin to his ROTJ look than their previous release. If the weapons come out in production as good as the gear for Kenobi did, they'll be pretty cool looking with the figure.

Here's hoping that the devil in the details truly pays off with Fett as it has with this Mythos Kenobi...this figure just rocks.

MYTHOS KENOBI-020.jpg

Did you guys see that comic con pic of Sideshow’s Court of the Dead figure that was a collaboration with TBLeague? If they ever actually make that, it could be the start of them doing more females with a base body by the best body manufacturer out there.

Unboxed Obi-Wan today, and I'm pleasantly surprised.

It's a fun figure ... really lets your imagination run wild.

My main nits, are that the backpack holding hands don't really work as you've really gotta jam the arms up to make it work, and I just didn't want to risk it. And hanging those lightsabers by the leather loops is a bit chintzy.

Naturally, the head sculpt is a sore spot. The paint doesn't match the neck, and the paint is flat, doesn't have life, it's a bit waxy? I guess, not sure how to describe it.

And for anyone still curious the chest armor is too narrow and there's no way you could get it to fit on the chest of a figure.

The weathering on the brown robe is really nice, the edges have the darkened 'burnt' look to them. I wish the sleeves were tattered like the bottom of the robe, but they're nicely hemmed and sewn up. I would've preferred a look like Obi-Wan tore off the sleeves because it was too hot, or something like that. I think the hemmed look doesn't fit with the style of the figure. Otherwise, it's all very cool.

Woulda thunk I'd be more pleased with a Sideshow figure over a Hot Toys figure? Palpatine? ... poodoo.

I wish the sleeves were tattered like the bottom of the robe, but they're nicely hemmed and sewn up. I would've preferred a look like Obi-Wan tore off the sleeves because it was too hot, or something like that. I think the hemmed look doesn't fit with the style of the figure. Otherwise, it's all very cool.

That's an excellent observation. For some reason I was thinking that it was torn off! Maybe time to get some mods going. I'm hoping someone does the head/neck repaint as well. It's a beautiful figure, but the paint makes the face look kinda snap chatty sometimes.

Did you guys see that comic con pic of Sideshow’s Court of the Dead figure that was a collaboration with TBLeague? If they ever actually make that, it could be the start of them doing more females with a base body by the best body manufacturer out there.

Can you provide any pic/link?

And for anyone still curious the chest armor is too narrow and there's no way you could get it to fit on the chest of a figure.

Can it be opened up with heat? What about the heck hole? Too small? Could it enlarge as a result of spreading out the chest parts?

Thanks,
m.

I can't find the link; but here's a couple pics of Kier (Court of the Dead) prototype at SHCC:

o1cn0154.jpg
o1cn0155.jpg

Now, if this is something they are going to actually make, or start making, think of the possibilities just in the Star Wars alien realm: Shaak Ti, Oola, dare I say Slave Leia...

That body looks fantastic. My personal hope is for an "Old Wounds" styled long horned Darth Maul, though they would just use the statue's design if they get to Maul.

OMGs...
Amazing.
Thanks a lot for the heads-up. Let's hope for some continuity here!
Best,
m.

I can't find the link; but here's a couple pics of Kier (Court of the Dead) prototype at SHCC:

View attachment 440895
View attachment 440896

Now, if this is something they are going to actually make, or start making, think of the possibilities just in the Star Wars alien realm: Shaak Ti, Oola, dare I say Slave Leia...

Unboxed Obi-Wan today, and I'm pleasantly surprised.

It's a fun figure ... really lets your imagination run wild.

My main nits, are that the backpack holding hands don't really work as you've really gotta jam the arms up to make it work, and I just didn't want to risk it. And hanging those lightsabers by the leather loops is a bit chintzy.

Naturally, the head sculpt is a sore spot. The paint doesn't match the neck, and the paint is flat, doesn't have life, it's a bit waxy? I guess, not sure how to describe it.

The weathering on the brown robe is really nice, the edges have the darkened 'burnt' look to them. I wish the sleeves were tattered like the bottom of the robe, but they're nicely hemmed and sewn up. I would've preferred a look like Obi-Wan tore off the sleeves because it was too hot, or something like that. I think the hemmed look doesn't fit with the style of the figure. Otherwise, it's all very cool.

Woulda thunk I'd be more pleased with a Sideshow figure over a Hot Toys figure? Palpatine? ... poodoo.

This pretty much precisely describes my thoughts on the SSC Snowspeeder Luke. A decent enough sculpt, but somehow dead, with a finish that seems waxy.

And it doesn't take much to top HT Palps - one of most underwhelming figs I've gotten in a while.

And love the pics as usual, JB!:clap

Have to agree with everyone who has picked this up - one of my favorite figures now! Just a ton of fun and looks superb!

EXCELLENT shot, Mandible! Really capturing a cool vibe there. ..it's one of my favorite things about this figure. Playing with shadow and light with all of the textures and getting different results. I have enjoyed a lot of figures that I've gotten lately, but this one has been the most fun. Enjoying what others are posting with him too.

Thanks Bear! Agree 100%. I just got the HT Emperor deluxe and this one the same day and original thought I would prefer the Emperor - but in hand, this kills it!

Back