1/6 Sideshow Mythos Obi Wan 1/6 Desert Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's subtle, but it's definitely there. His side profile is a dead ringer for McGregor, BTW.

JmhZENF_d.jpg

Thanks to everybody for pics and input.
Combaticon164, head looks OK. They have at least done some work on it.
What about the sleeves being not weathered at all?
m.

I received Obi Wan today and I agree that the robes are not yellowed as the pics show. The head sculpt has to be one of the best human Sideshow sculpts to date. Is it Hot Toys good? The answer is no but close. The accessories are great. The back pack is filled with details.

A couple of pictures. I'm not the best photographer but thought I'd post for what it's worth. FYI, the yellow on his shirt is not as dark in person as the pictures show, but is uniform over the entire shirt with some darker and lighter areas.

A close up of the face paint apps, not as clear a photo as I would have like, but hopefully you can see some of the details:
View attachment 435744

View attachment 435745

View attachment 435746

View attachment 435747

Hey thanks! That's my video hehe. I'm working on my review now so I'll post it up soon. So far my gripe is the lightsaber blade and tusken rifle being warped right out of the box. Oh yah also the robe being a little too yellow to my liking. Stay tuned for the review..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Just out of curiosity, does your lightsaber blade look somewhat jagged? Mine does, and I am curious if it's just a mistake, or a bad mold they're casting from?

Excellent gallery of pics, outlander! Looks great!

Thanks jedibear, always love your photos, especially the desert ones. :yess: :hi5:

Just out of curiosity, does your lightsaber blade look somewhat jagged? Mine does, and I am curious if it's just a mistake, or a bad mold they're casting from?

Mine looks jagged at the base for about an 1" or so and then smooths out. I think this is intentional .

IMG_0668.jpg

Got a head shot outside today:

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0675.jpg

Mine looks jagged at the base for about an 1" or so and then smooths out. I think this is to give the effect of an ignited lightsaber and is intentional .

View attachment 435794

Thank you for the pic! I suspected it was an intentional ignition effect, and seeing yours confirms that for me since mine's identical. Awesome posing, by the way!

Thanks jedibear, always love your photos, especially the desert ones. :yess: :hi5:

Mine looks jagged at the base for about an 1" or so and then smooths out. I think this is intentional .

View attachment 435794

Got a head shot outside today:

View attachment 435795

View attachment 435797

Yay, someone finally posts a clear photo of the head sculpt. Definitely looks better than the production photos, but still something waxy about it. Any chance you could take a pic of the full figure in daylight, from a couple different distances? Like, maybe 3 ft away?

It's definitely one of Sideshow's better sculpts, although still missing the extreme detail and realism of a HT sculpt. Still though, I do think it captures Guinness better than the previous HT Obi-Wan did.

Thanks! Was hoping to get this figure in time for my most recent trip out there but it wasn't meant to be. Maybe on the next one...in the meantime, I posted some new ones of Fett making his trek across the desert after escaping the sarlacc here.

Please keep posting new shots of this one - he looks great!

...but still something waxy about it.

What is meant by this comment? This thing looks awesome. I can’t understand what is different about this than a HT release based on these pics. I’m finding it hard to not give SS an “A” on this one.

I think this figure turned out amazingly well.....definitely exceeded my expectations. Here's my set-up, complete with a custom desert base from Heaton Art.

mythos kenobi.jpg

Just picked up my backpack from Toy Anxiety and it is an awesome item. No idea about the rest of the figure but the back pack is really cool and will look nice displays at the feet of a figure.

Got mine. Very good figure. Don't know if the price is right, even $230 would've been good enough. However, I don't think these are going to hang around long, so if you want it, you'll have to vite the bullet, me thinks. Again, not pleased with the price, but this figure is beautiful. Robes' yellowing is more subtle in hand, neck joint is hidden by beard from front, not too hard to hide on sides with hood stacked. Hs is really nice too. Just, not a very photogenic bugger, i guess.

I think this figure turned out amazingly well.....definitely exceeded my expectations. Here's my set-up, complete with a custom desert base from Heaton Art.

View attachment 435829

Now that looks fantastic. I can almost see the Lars homestead behind him with that stand. Very evocative pose, and the potential for conjuring up mental imagery is amazing here.

With that said, I can't help but chuckle at his binoculars. It kinda looks like an Xbox One controller from this angle. Hey, a hermit's gotta keep himself entertained!

"Rez me! Rez me! Oh wait... Sorry guys, I'll BRB! Got some Tusken Raiders outside my door!"

Now that looks fantastic. I can almost see the Lars homestead behind him with that stand. Very evocative pose, and the potential for conjuring up mental imagery is amazing here.

Cool image.
I like to imagine that Obi-Wan went on many adventures during his tenure on Tattooine, keeping an eye on Luke.
This figure is a great reminder he was there for years, and all his accoutrements point to a rich backstory, both during the Clone Wars, and afterwards(There will be a reason the Sandpeople fear his dusty brown robes, lol).
I also like to imagine a Jedi Starfighter parked out the back of his hut, covered in a tarpaulin...

You're making him sound like Doc waiting for Marty in the future :D

But I love it! Just give us the damn Obi Wan spinoff movie already!!!!!

Back