Statue Sideshow Mythos Alien Queen LSB

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow is turning into that strip club you walk past while on walks with your girlfriend. You peek out of the corner of your eye without turning your head and walk right past.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Sideshow is more like that dirty crack whore at the local motel that stinks real bad and doesn’t care what she looks like. Just looking to get that extra fix to pull through another week.

Maybe it's just the dry spell, but I'm kind of liking this a bit. I cannot however find any videos of this anywhere. Wish I knew what the production piece looks like.

I was wondering if those were the production photos. Here is a comparison. Looks lighter for sure.

acompare.jpg

A lot of the details look much softer now, and obviously the paint detailing has taken a huge dive as you'd expect. But that just goes to show what a good paint app can do. This still doesn't look bad for a factory paint application, if you didn't have the prototype to compare it to, you'd probably say that it's quite a nice looking thing. I'm just not really feeling any of Sideshows Alien & Predator mythos stuff. If they make the proper queen in this format, I'm in.

It's like they said we like the colors but we want it to be more bluish like the original queen. I'd almost buy one and have Joe paint it but then we are talking more money than I want to spend on a bust.

I prefer the prototype paint more, but this is still an awesome piece. Wouldn't be hard to color correct if one wanted to.

Many thanks for the video. Always great to see moving pictures from a fresh product.

Paul Komoda did sculpt that one and he is a Master! Especially he works traditionally, so no digital sculpt like most these days. But it looks that a bit of the sharpness of the the details went away. Anyhow, I think it is a great piece and maybe the first of SS Alien themed Mythos line that really has something to it.

Thanks again for sharing.

Back