Sideshow Masters of the Universe Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does everyone with the original Evil-Lyn statue have the forward leaning issue? Now that the classic version is coming out, I'm looking more and more at the original and the lean is annoying me more and more lol!! I already placed the folded piece of paper under the base to prop up that side so she's standing straighter.

But has anyone else done any sort of fix for the lean issue? Is there something that can be done regarding the way in which she is inserted into the base at her feet?

It bothers the hell out of me too. I tried to see if the peg with bend a bit but was too scared. I stuffed some stuff under her foot which does help.

The PCS collection is great for fans of the animated versions of the characters. They seem a little more expensive for what you get but I'm happy to have the choice. My taste is these more realism in general for statues so SS wins for me, but PCS certainly puts a good collection together!
I think Dino was referring to the soon to be released realistic He-man and Battlecat.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The PCS collection is great for fans of the animated versions of the characters. They seem a little more expensive for what you get but I'm happy to have the choice. My taste is these more realism in general for statues so SS wins for me, but PCS certainly puts a good collection together!

I agree with this. I love the Filmation cartoon style, but doesn't really suit what I want in larger scale statues. I much prefer the realism of the Sideshow statues. The PCS mixed media Street Fighter series has that combination of game accuracy and realism in the muscle texture and paint app, which is great too.

I like the PCS collection in smaller scale. And I like the SSC collection in the larger scale.

To me ...both line look good. Can't go wrong with either, IMO.

I like the PCS collection in smaller scale. And I like the SSC collection in the larger scale.

To me ...both line look good. Can't go wrong with either, IMO.

Huh?! The PCS collection is larger at 1/4 scale, whereas the Sideshow is smaller because they're only 1/5 scale!

Huh?! The PCS collection is larger at 1/4 scale, whereas the Sideshow is smaller because they're only 1/5 scale!

Yea, I would have preferred the PCS collection in a smaller scale like 1/6 scale. I like the SSC collection in a larger scale like 1/5 scale or 1/4 scale. Just because, IMO, the style of each line fits those scale best. But that's just my opinion.

However, as is ...both lines still look good. So you really can't go wrong with either line.

I was just stating what I preferred in my previous post ....

Sent an email with the photos of the Evil-Lyn highlighting the forward lean. Response from Sideshow:

"Based on these comparisons, it would appear your statue is perfectly normal. The design of this particular piece does make it appear that Evil-Lyn is leaning forward slightly, but rest assured that this is present on every piece, and she is actually perfectly stable."

Will be very interesting to see how the Classic version compares with the original once it releases regarding that lean.

You should have sent pics of the proto and the production versions of Evil-Lyn. I don't believe there was any lean on the proto. IMO, the lean is noticeable if compared to the proto.

If you don't have pics of the proto, then using proto pics of the Classic Evil-Lynn would be a good alternative.

Yup, Orko is up for PO soon.

I'm passing on it, tho. Would rather wait for the next character in this line ...which might just be Hordak. If not, then I'm waiting for Mum-Raa and Lion-O.

Back