Sideshow Masters of the Universe Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the 1/5 winds up being about the same size as the Pred 1/5 statues, I will actually be much happier. Putting He-Man and Skeletor together in a Besta, or in general, will be much easier and safer.

I think I would be afraid to put something that heavy and expensive on a Detolf glass shelf even if it would fit. Though I do like Detolfs because they are enclosed all around, offer unobstructed views, and are very inexpensive.

I've got lots of heavy items on lots of detlof shelves. I've never had an issue. Even a couple PF ssc statues.

I've got lots of heavy items on lots of detlof shelves. I've never had an issue. Even a couple PF ssc statues.

Yeah me too! Those Detolf can handle it. I've got my HCG Lycan my SSC Hulk maquette and for a time I had my Michael Keaton Bats PF on one-no problem. At one time I even put on my Terminator bust and HCG 1/2 bust on one although on that one I doubled the glass piece just to make sure, but the other stuff single pane no problem.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus
89db081ab8261731e1905be20914b214.jpg
53eaf8b5f56b200bd6477c3bdf0de969.jpg

Hot-Toycast-logo-MOTU.jpg

The mighty Stjepan Šejić will be my guest along with special hosts discussing his work with Sideshow Collectibles. Along with chat about Mondo 's 1:6 line and Pop Culture Shock's statue line in this one off special episode of the créme de la créme and most ear licking of podcasts, The Hottoycast.
If you have any questions for Stejpan please post them here. :)

I would like to know if the Four Horsemen and the 200X line influenced his design of the masters of the universe.
Hoping the two statue lines display well together.

Hello,

I have 2 questions for Stjepan:

1. I understand that there will be more characters if the line is successful (and I bet it will be :) ). Do you have more characters designed (either in your head or on paper) and can you tease who might be next?

2. I have read that both He-Man and Skeletor will get additional "classic" heads. Did you design those as well and when will we get to see them?

Thank you very much in advance for this opportunity, Eamon (and please excuse my bad English :-( )

The Masters of the Universe special edition of The Hottoycast with my guest host Mat O'Toole and special guest Stjepan Šejić is now available to download. We discuss MOTU in the high-end arena, the new movie and the brand in general. It's a good one and is up on iTunes now, later on usual outlets or get direct feed. feed://www.eamonart.com/PODCASTS/podcast.xml

Hot-Toycast-logo-MOTU.jpg

Finally had time to listen to the podcast! Very entertaining. I liked in the insight into the process. I really can't wait to see Evil-Lynn.

It's been bugging me ever since they announced this amd it finally hit me yesterday. The most frequent complaint I've heard is that this isn't He-Man it's just a genwric fantasy warrior, and that's partly true - as a lifelong fan who's favorite iteration of MOTU is 200X BY FAR, followed by the movie amd then New Adventures, even I think this is waytoo off the mark. But it's not a generic warrior, it's actually a very specific design which I knew I had seen before but couldn't place. It's the Golden Axe 3 version of Ax Battler, just with blonde hair instead of black and brown shorts instead of blue.

I do have to say I'm interested to see what they do with Skeletor, but I'm much more interested in the Mondo stuff coming.

It's been bugging me ever since they announced this amd it finally hit me yesterday. The most frequent complaint I've heard is that this isn't He-Man it's just a genwric fantasy warrior, and that's partly true - as a lifelong fan who's favorite iteration of MOTU is 200X BY FAR, followed by the movie amd then New Adventures, even I think this is waytoo off the mark. But it's not a generic warrior, it's actually a very specific design which I knew I had seen before but couldn't place. It's the Golden Axe 3 version of Ax Battler, just with blonde hair instead of black and brown shorts instead of blue.

I do have to say I'm interested to see what they do with Skeletor, but I'm much more interested in the Mondo stuff coming.

Yeah, I think if anyone wants the true to the television cartoon show figures they will have to stick with Pop Culture Shock's statues. I have the Skeletor one on POD and he's exactly like the cartoon-I will certainly enjoy that statue! In addition, I also have the their Skeletor bust coming, which is a more lifelike look to Skeletor and not so cartoony. I thought when I ordered it that the changes were subtle enough that it still looked like 80s Skeletor but just like if Skeletor stepped out of the cartoon into real life and I like that. As for SSC's statue of MOTU at San Diego Comic Con, I liked it. It was not the 80s version that I remembered but it is has been done nicely. Their Skeletor had a wow factor, too, but it was more like their Court of the Dead version of Skeletor and I found that quite interesting as I find that line of statues from them cool. Below is my video when I was there, the video is higher quality on my YouTube Chanel...enjoy!

Sideshow Collectibles HeMan and Skeletor at San Diego ComicCon 2015 - YouTube

Happy Collecting

Max Power

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok, that Skeletor is REALLY cool. I'm not 100% sold on the face, it reminds me a bit too much of...what's his name, the leader of the Skeleton Warriors...Baron Dark? But still, awesome piece. If it's true that they're also going to come with more classic-looking heads....man, if those 1/6 scale figs weren't coming that would be a definite get.

Im just waiting for a PO to go up, because that Skeletor will be in my house. If they do an alt head that would be even more awesome.

Blimey I had to go searching for this thread...can't believe how far it had dropped down.

So with Sideshow attending NYCC this year what are the chances we'll see more of these?

I'm itching for the Pre-orders to go up...I'm trying to save my rewards to use on these but it's proving hard since there's other stuff I want :gah: lol

Neil

It may be a while. In the mean time I'm will be satisfied with my Skeletor head bust from Pop Culture Shock Toys! After so many delays they are finally in their warehouse and should be shipping in the next week or two. Finally!

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus

Back