Sideshow Life Size Tracker Prop Replica-Predators

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got this email today from sideshow they must be busy...... There must be a lot of problems with these masks as it says in stock on the web site?????????

Thank you for taking the time to contact our Customer Service Department.

I wanted to follow up with you to confirm receipt of the photos of your Tracker Mask Prop Replica. We are currently looking into the availability of a replacement for your item. I hope to be able to update you before the end of this week. I appreciate your patience in this matter!

As always, please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Best regards,

Jaclyn Yudkowsky

Maybe one day sideshow will realise that cheaping out on production methods and materials costs them a heck of alot more in the long run....

Mine shipped today! Hope there is no problems like what has been happening but hope everyone gets theirs fixed.

Just got mine today also... ..:yess:

Overall, I like it. No real complaints...Though the silver paint apps in the damaged area could have been done better; but Meh......:dunno

Well finally got a response from Sideshow there going to replace my Tracker mask but there going to collect my old one which is kind of strange as I'm an international customer ...........

Just hope the tusks are not wonkey one this one

Waiting for these pics and stuff Kaijuboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, finally got my pics uploaded, so here we go:

Kaijuboy vs Tracker bio

The Tusks (as expected) were a bit off. The left one was pointing downward and to the left, so it was heated and carefully (these are hollow!) bent and set into the right position to match the right tusk. Here is a side pic to show matching alignment:

TuskAlignment.jpg

The leather straps around the tusk were also pristine and clean like they were wrapped yesterday. I weathered them up to give them the proper worn look.

Leatheraging.jpg

The paint and finish on the bio is actually very well done and by far the best of the 3 'Predators' bios. There is an underlying hint of pewture, with some copper/bronze highlights, and a oxidized weathering that gives the whole bio an "unearthly metal" sort of look. I did NO touch-ups to this (and thats saying something for me! ;) ).

Trackercloseup.jpg

On the other hand, the scarring over the left eye was way too obvious and looked like someone took a silver marker and made marks inside the gashes. I smoothed out the edge transitions with pewter, and hit the whole thing with an metal aging patina finish to smooth and darken the whole area.

Scarsb4andafter.jpg

And of course like my other Predators bio, I used my little magnet attachment to correct its angle to match all the other Pred bios on the market while in "desktop" mode.

Angleb4andafter.jpg

And the final results:

TrackerLS.jpg
TrackerRS.jpg

And the ubiqutous family photo:

GroupPhoto.jpg

Overall I have to say that I am very pleased with this bio. Sure it took a little TLC to get it to where I like my things (but I'm picky), but this is a very solid bio from Sideshow, with probably the only real concern being the tusk alignments to most buyers.

This concludes my 'Predators' bio collection. As Im not certain I'll be getting the damaged "Classic" bio, unless its cheap or someone donates it to me. ;)

Last edited:
Kaijuboy, what you did to the scratches looks great! Nice work! I'll touch mine up when I get home later, in the year. Overall that is my biggest complaint on the bio, but it is an easy fix.

Nice job Chris! I have got to get one of these when I have the spare funds (and a couple of your magnet raisers too!)

Awesome pics! I paid the VAT charge off mine yesterday so it's in transit and should be pulling up any time soon. So i will post some pictures also! Can't wait! Though i fear for the tusk's ! :-/

"On the other hand, the scarring over the left eye was way too obvious and looked like someone took a silver marker and made marks inside the gashes. I smoothed out the edge transitions with pewter, and hit the whole thing with an metal aging patina finish to smooth and darken the whole area"

Please excuse my stupidity to achieve this affect did it involve you spraying the Bio in anyway ? Or would you mind breaking down what you have said so simple minded person such as my self my understand sorry :(

Back