Sideshow/KNB Classic Predator Skull Prop Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks really nice. I woudln't mind owning one. It'd be a refreshing change from the dinosaur skulls I collect sometimes.

I always thought it was funny that the dreds and quills seem to be rooted into the skull.

I mean, our hair and nails aren't rooted to our bones!? :slap

It must mean that the dreds are used for something else. I've always thought that they were for something other than appearances; maybe they can help the predator detect heat signatures when it isn't using it's mask or maybe they help them detect the magnetic fields on planets other than their homeworld. Maybe they're vestigial organs left over from when predators didn't use technological aids - who knows ;)

I always thought it was funny that the dreds and quills seem to be rooted into the skull.

I mean, our hair and nails aren't rooted to our bones!? :slap

the "dreds" on predators are not actual dreadlocks of human hair.
also, it's an alien. earth biology rules don't apply.

Yep...what Prefused said.

And, this helps to explain the dreadlocks on a Predalien. :nana:

I had to open the can of worms on 1:1 stuff,sigh. Oh well flex payed it is!

Welcome to the 1/1 club! :hi5: We are a proud yet poor clan who are constantly looking for more space for our next monstrosity! :yess:

Once you go 1/1 there is no turning back! :lol

The base needs more of a contrast to it, like the Wolf base in that it is copper and silver, just to break things up.

I agree, but at least its a remarkable easy fix. I'll probably be hitting mine with a light brown/tan wash to darkening it up a bit and to make the skull stand out more.

I think its pretty cool. And I like the design choice for the base, looks like its made of bone as well. Its funny that they chose this as a replica as you see this piece only for a brief second in the movie :) Good choice though :)

I dont think this is sign of more bone replicas, like the an Alien or something of that nature. The only way that will happen is if Sideshow works with Legacy Effects on those as they have the rights to those props since they worked on them in past films. I think if Sideshow works with Legacy on anything predator/alien first it will be a Predator 2 maquette/bust or an Elder maquette/bust. Those seem like higher priorities from the collector market.

But I guess you never really know :)
Maybe this is a test bed product to see if the fans receive a bone replica with open arms. If it sells really well then that may give them reason to pursue more bone replicas with Legacy.

This is a very very tempting purchase.

Interesting.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=400048

400048_press05-001.jpg

This collectible is bone.a fide Bad Ass! :D Get it? :D

A nice change to my collection.. kinda pricey but this is really cool so i wil have to atleast get one.. Count me in!

Pretty sweet... can't wait to see what the Berserker skull looks like. The latest Predators preview has one :).

Back