Sideshow Iron Man 1:1 Bust Severe Paint Peeling

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RattleRat

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Sideshow Iron Man 1:1 Bust Severe Paint Peeling

Anyone having this problem?

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0601.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

Sorry to hear about your luck.

For what it's worth, this happened to A LOT of people. (Not all owners, but many.) Be sure to search the early pages of the original thread for this bust, where you'll see a lot of posts pertaining to this. The rumors were that the initial batches weren't primered properly, and this was the end result. Needless to say, a lot of owners were not happy. To be honest, that's the biggest reason why I never bought this bust, for fear this would happen to my own.

It's a shame too because this is one of the nicest pieces I feel Sideshow has added to the 1:1 bust line. Unfortunately, these instances totally ruin it for me.

Yup, the paint peel off by itself...I just emailed SS about it..will wait for their reply.

Yup, the paint peel off by itself...I just emailed SS about it..will wait for their reply.

I wish you the best.

Did you get this directly through Sideshow? Or via another retailer?

If you got it directly through Sideshow, I think you'll have a little more clout. There should be no excuse either way, BUT I think that may help your case a little more, if you bought it from them.

Well worst comes to worst, if it's only the base (and i'd pray it is), should sideshow be unable to replace it, you could always just tape off iron man sand the base back down and spray it back a new simple color like black or something.

Sorry to see this, I'm not sure but didn't SSC take some back and repaint them?? May be wrong here. Also interesting what Magnuz posted... I always thought the base color was a bit odd for this bust... The base design with the large lug nuts looks like it's from the early 1900's turn of the century,oe more primitive almost hand made or hammered and forged. The Iron Man design is so ultra modern.. this base always made me think it would have looked better with the the first hand made IM suit from Iron man 1.

From what I can see and with paint experience they used crappy paint that doesn"t bond well. they didn"t primer the polystone and moisture in the air caused it to bubble and now flake.

Not surprised, this has happened with a number of Sideshow busts in the past.

And the best part? Sideshow wont do ____ to help you out.

Can sideshow be sued for this? I always wonder.. this is not far away from a sham business deal, say hmm..(madoff?)... we pay good money for something, and we get shiiiit back after some time...

this happened to the sabretooth lsb too...so guys go take a look at yr lsb...

this is the reply u probably get from sideshow..

''Please know all of our statues are completely hand crafted from beginning to end. Each statue is individually hand painted by one of our artists. As such, no statue will be perfect. I have reviewed your second photo; however, I do not see a blemish. If there is something I am missing, please let me know.
As always, please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Best regards,

Jaclyn Yudkowsky
Customer Service Representative''

this reply was for my bucky

:(

Not surprised at all. Look at the original IM 1:1 bust thread and you will see lots of issues with this. I went through a couple of these and they each had paint flaws/chips. Sideshow told me after my second replacement to return it for another replacement then e-mailed me to tell me that they were not going to send a replacement and gave me a full refund.

As someone mentioned the Sabertooth LSB paint flaking...I noticed mine was flaking after a year and half or two of having it. They took it back and gave me a full refund on it.

If they refuse to help you, I would reach out to the better business bureau. I have had great results with that route. Never with sideshow, but it does seem to light a fire under retailers. Can't hurt to try and costs you nothing.
Good luck and I'm sorry your bust is peeling.

sideshows been raising prices while dropping quality bigtime. it's so obvious.

enjoy your overpriced "battle damaged" piggy bank.

When i reported issued w/ my sabretooth lsb they did nothing to help me.. That thing was tijuana quality...

Back