Sideshow Hoth Luke action figure review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Let's return to the ice planet Hoth tonight, with a look at the latest Sideshow release, Luke Skywalker! This is the first Sideshow figure in recent months that I can honestly say shows their overall quality taking a turn in the right direction. My review is here:

Review and photos of Hoth Luke Skywalker Star Wars action figure from Sideshow

or with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

Captain Toy/Michael Crawford's Reviews

I've just recieved the Hoth Han as well, so you can expect a review of him next week. Have a great weekend (Go Green!) and thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Good review and pics as usual, Michael. And yes...after all of the initial bashing in here my expectations were lowered and I was very pleasantly surprised by this figure...i think it's great! I was hoping Snake was just a bit of a stumble, and thankfully, Luke keeps Sideshow in the game in a great way....

I have to disagree with you a bit on the portrait without the head gear....I like it a lot. Yes, it will make excellent upgrade/custom fodder for some, but I'll be popping it on this figure once in a while when I want to change the display up...I like featuring it in an "off screen" moment with Artoo...

Thanks again for the review....looking forward to you take on Han (just got him today)...

Like I said, it's really that on this outfit, the head looks a little small, and the hair isn't a great fit. But yea, it's still a solid sculpt. Thanks guys!

Re; the small head, it's also that the body really needs to be a smaller build. You can see by how tight Luke's vest is (buttons bursting.) On a smaller body (TT slim or something,) the head would look more proportionate.

The gloved hands - like the Snowtrooper - are also a bit overscale, contributing to the undersized head perception. Compare the Hoth gloved hands to regular 1/6 non-glove hands and the full size fabric would be an inch thick - the gloves just weren't that thick/huge onscreen.

Side by side with a HT head, the unhatted SSC Luke head is about the same scale.

Great review as always!

Back