Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
16513600948_e35c68c9b0_o.jpg

I forgot if that was Para's or Stealth's pic

Despite a few major and minor issues it is nice to see that han and Luke are not the complete disasters that they appeared to be in some of the photos. If space allows I may even pick them up with a taun taun sometime. I probably wouldn't buy any of them stand alone. But put the 3 together and the display possibilities are near endless as hoth is one of my favorite movie sets ever.

Definitely not disasters, and that's beyond a relief to finally get confirmation on. But the body thing gets my nads in a knot. I know that it's just a matter of swapping bodies, but I'm always a stickler when it comes to tailoring made for a specific body. Making one shorter and one taller will throw off little things like where the quilted knee pads fall in respect to the knee, the top of the boot, etc. Hopefully it'll all fall into place better than I'm visualizing

Making one shorter and one taller will throw off little things like where the quilted knee pads fall in respect to the knee, the top of the boot, etc.

These issues are already problematic on some of the photos shown, so hopefully, if your (our) figures in hand have the incorrect bodies, a swap will improve the situation.

Definitely not disasters, and that's beyond a relief to finally get confirmation on. But the body thing gets my nads in a knot. I know that it's just a matter of swapping bodies, but I'm always a stickler when it comes to tailoring made for a specific body. Making one shorter and one taller will throw off little things like where the quilted knee pads fall in respect to the knee, the top of the boot, etc. Hopefully it'll all fall into place better than I'm visualizing

Yeah its just beyond logic how they could drop Luke and han figures at the same time from the same scene and.....Luke is taller???? Its an unbelievable lack of attention to detail for it to even occur in the first place, but even with a long release window and a delay they didn't fix an obvious height descrepancy. Its all very annoying to me too. I don't have the skill/time/balls that some people here have to make multiple $200-$300 toys look as they should on a shelf together. Maybe someday I'll get into more customization, but right now I just admire the work that many here do.

Rory got his set and the heights seem to be correct on his:

Opened up mine this morning.

First thoughts:
My Solo is taller than Skywalker, so they must have fixed the body error.
Solo's eyes are better than Luke's.
Both heads are poor, but Solo is better.
Luke's eyes are absolutely retarded.

Maybe Paramore just happened to get a bad set. I'm really hoping I don't have to deal with getting a taller body for Han since I'm only getting him.

Yeah even with the eye issues and dull expression, it's still one of the best Ford likenesses we've seen yet.

I can't wait to see the eventual repaints of this (along with maybe some eye fixes), as I think that could improve it even more.

Is anyone thinking of swapping the boots for the Hot Toys ones?

That was something I was anticipating doing, I even prepared a pair of the HT boots - painted the white straps and snow weathered them. But on seeing the in hand pics, I'm leaning towards using the stock boots. I didn't like the way the proto boots seemed to be two part, but the release ones look much better.

That was something I was anticipating doing, I even prepared a pair of the HT boots - painted the white straps and snow weathered them. But on seeing the in hand pics, I'm leaning towards using the stock boots. I didn't like the way the proto boots seemed to be two part, but the release ones look much better.

I wouldn't mind seeing a pic of your customized boots, Cav. I bought a pair to do the same. I love the ankle articulation you get with the HT boots.

I'm digging the way the stock boots turned out. One of the reviews (I forget which) stated that they're really soft and have enough play for decent articulation.

I wouldn't mind seeing a pic of your customized boots, Cav. I bought a pair to do the same. I love the ankle articulation you get with the HT boots.

here you go, for what it's worth.
P1020654_zpscwcfthvg.jpg

Obviously the weathering would be finished off once the figure is in hand. I also boiled and flexed the soles to get some wrinkles in the upper, similar to what I did with HT Indy boots - although they don't show up that well in the pic.

Thanks, look forward to seeing what you come up with. I'm also working on a loose soft hat to tuck in the belt maybe - I like to have display options ready....

Oh yeah, in my material parts bin, I also have some nice white leather which on the reverse is a perfect blue/grey suede for the gauntlets. So I'm all set.

Back