Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If we could just combine the realism of the HT Han with the underlying sculpt of Hoth Han (before it got ruined by Sideshow that is), then we'd really have something great.

Oh and you guys also forgot this one, which might still be one of the best Hans ever done (even with the goofy expression):

ffff.JPG

If we could just combine the realism of the HT Han with the underlying sculpt of Hoth Han (before it got ruined by Sideshow that is), then we'd really have something great.

Oh and you guys also forgot this one, which might still be one of the best Hans ever done (even with the goofy expression):

[...snip trooper Han image...]

I think the reason I like that one is it's unrealistic enough to steer clear of ze Uncanny Valley.

Jesus Christ this head especially the exclusive portrait looks like a damn monkey!

Give it up already Sideshow... Let hot toys handle it. Lots of droids and creatures you can do!

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

View attachment 169571

Doesn't look like that in-hand (that's the proto) but I like that sculpt. It was an attempt to capture not just Han's likeness but also his personality.

Thanks for the much-needed perspective. IMHO the headsculpt image here knocks it out of the park:

View attachment 169564

Is that from one of the production pieces? Looks pretty good to me.

Sory, I was being facetious. Wow - people say SSC is behind the times.

:)

Jesus Christ this head especially the exclusive portrait looks like a damn monkey!

Give it up already Sideshow... Let hot toys handle it. Lots of droids and creatures you can do!

I'm all for SS doing more creatures and droids (please give us a Ponda Baba), but Hot Toy's hasn't blown my socks off at this point with the Star Wars licence. The Stormtroopers (inaccuracies aside) look to be the best of their offering, but SS's deluxe clones were also pretty damned nice so I was expecting about what Hot Toy's have delivered with their Stormtroopers if SS was to release a deluxe set of those today. Of course the HT's ones would have much better base bodies. I'm actually looking forward to getting a Hot Toys Stormtrooper in hand and comparing it to the Deluxe "shiny" clone.

Is that from one of the production pieces? Looks pretty good to me.

Yeah, I'm amazed at the hysteria and hate over this figure, the EX version of which is not even in-hand with consumers yet. It certainly looks bad in some pics, but in quite a few it looks pretty great.

There seems to be a real trend with human figures where early pics, often taken with camera phones (distortion) or in poor lighting, create massive battles and waves of vitriol in these threads.

I looked over the HT Luke thread, same thing happened there, and it's a pretty universally liked figure now (though I don't see much Hamill in that non-BD sculpt.) This Han head is not going to be in the same league as the BD Luke, but it's still got potential as evidenced by quite a number of early pics.

Whew....hadn't been in here for a while and....still a lot of "ugh" over this one I see. Well, I agree, that fluffy review accompanied by those dubious photos wasn't particularly helpful (how does one get that gig anyway?) And it looks like the well has pretty much dried up on pics from folks who've gotten this already...so, the question is....

Any word on when this is actually hitting stateside and shipping out?

I'm still reserving judgement on it until it's right in front of me...

Thanks bro. And you're right. I think i'm just pissed that every single HF outing needs so much work. I liked trefs sculpt and it got 'ruined'. I'm overreacting, cause to be honest without the jokes...in some photos (lol) i see it's probably the best ford sculpt out there. But like you said, again needs work and that just pisses me off. I like working on customs and don't mind adding snow and scratches etc, but why do i need to rework the eyes on a fig these days. Maybe i expect too much for my buck. Cause ht also screws up at even higher prices. Fart inspired by rots vader anyone?

But back to han, i accually like one of the last pics where his eyes are smaller :). Too bad it has no life to it though. Han stormie with his giant nugget has an expression like he's alive. But seeing all of sculpts together...damn...hoth han looks like godlike compared ;). A little asian though...no pun intended. Got asian history in my family :).

I'm just ribbing you - your Indy rocks. :hi5:

The larger point is that EVERY 1/6 Harrison Ford has needed major work. Every single one (look at the work in that UU ROTJ Han turned into Indy - that's almost a new creation.) And I guess this new Hoth one - at $50 cheaper than the dreaded HT Indy - will need the same treatment to get it to shine. Do we want to do this? Of course not. Do we do it every time? Of course.

To me, this will need eye surgery for sure, some head shape adjustment and some paint, but it's a great new Trevor Grove HF sculpt, even if every TG sculpt SSC MUST mess up with either pancake paint or manufacturing errors.

Indy is easier to fix because he's dirty and sweaty, and Han is not, so... not easy. But I think this has potential, even judging by distorted macro and cellhone pics and with no one here having the EX in hand. Google eyes aside, unpainted/cut eyelids aside - it looks like HF from most angles. Which makes it a big step up on HT Indy.:wink1:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Don't think there's actually anything wrong with this figure. Based on the picture of the hatted head above and quite a few of the others (except joey paur) I think it looks great, I don't see any huge problem.
I've got the bespin, smuggler Hans + sideshows Indy and Hot toys Indy and this is by far the most accurate Ford sculpt out of them all, the paint apps look fine to me and , after getting Drake and having to mod the hell out that headsculpt I'm really pleased with how this turned out. I can't wait to get it in hand, UK shipping must start soon ?.

View attachment 169571
Here's another one:

LyybHlj.jpg

Back