Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it feels crap but id like to see yours when you do your custom please

I'm looking at some rabbit fur on eBay. It's only $10 or so. That's the easy part. Learning to sew and not ruin the coat will be the challenge. I'm wondering if the hide might be too thick to work with but I'll see.

Not a bad figure. However, we have grown spoiled in expecting a comparable product to coincide with the price increases.

"After all, money doesn't grow on trees"
- Great Great Grand pappy Cletus McClure 1889

Glad you're happy. I'm happy i cancelled. At these prices 'pretty happy' doesn't cut it. I've seen lesser known companies deliver better humanlike sculpts. I know SSC is trying but although the eyes themselves look like good eyes, the technique does not work! Imagine when someone walked up to you and looked at you like that. It would creep me out! It has no life to it. Just a blank and creepy stare. Where is the personality? What if you have a whole set of SSC figs on your shelve with this ugly system, staring at you. Would wake me up at night! Plus if you're into making small scenes from the films, how would you go about it? They would just stare in stead living in that scene.

I still support SSC, have 2 scouts and the bike up for preorder. For the future i'll keep away from human characters. Too bad, was hoping for new indy characters like mola ram, tlc characters etc. Will keep an eye out and will keep hoping for simply painted eyes WITH eyelids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's interesting that people would spend countless hours and $$ trying to get Harrison Ford out of the disastrous HT Indy sculpt (scraping off guyliner, re-seating the eyes, total repaints) yet dismiss this sculpt - which actually DOES look like HF - totally out of hand, solely based on macro, cellphone and flash photos.

It's just... odd... that's all. And... how much $$ did people willingly pay for that HT Indy that only looked like HF if you took ten paces back, cocked your head and squinted?:lol Oh, but wait, it came with a plastic stone pillar and cardboard backdrop! Totally forgot about that.:slap

Wow. Actually looks like a real human rather than a caricature in Hoth gear. While the HT Han sculpt may not be spot on Ford it's still the best looking so far.

Not "spot on Ford"? Let's call it what it is - "not Ford.":lol

It's interesting that people would spend countless hours and $$ trying to get Harrison Ford out of the disastrous HT Indy sculpt (scraping off guyliner, re-seating the eyes, total repaints) yet dismiss this sculpt - which actually DOES look like HF - totally out of hand, solely based on macro, cellphone and flash photos.

It's just... odd... that's all. And... how much $$ did people willingly pay for that HT Indy that only looked like HF if you took ten paces back, cocked your head and squinted?:lol Oh, but wait, it came with a plastic stone pillar and cardboard backdrop! Totally forgot about that.:slap

Not "spot on Ford"? Let's call it what it is - "not Ford.":lol

You forgot production pictures [emoji3]. And that's exactly what i mean. I did spend a lot of time and money on that sculpt and i don't want to so again when i buy a new fig. it was ridicoulous then and is even more so now.

The ssc hoth sculpt looks like ford indeed...if he were replacing annabel in part two. The new ht han does not look like ford and it also has my unconditional hatred. But seeing the photoshopped version on the hoth han at least makes me feel i'm looking at an actual human collectible...not a mans barbie [emoji6] with the shape of harrison ford. I like the raw sculpt, made me preorder. I hate every picture since then of the final except those with those OO - eyes covered behind shadow, glasses or his scarf, made me cancel ;).

Plus to see it in hand...i have to buy it...and that's not gonna happen. To each it's own.

Oh, my ininitial ht indy was cheap. Only my stubborn getting him right nearly ruined me :p

A history of some plastic Harrison's

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

not a mans barbie [emoji6]

You're letting some bad photos cloud your judgement. The SSC sculpt and paint look no more "Ken" (male Barbie) than Hot Toy's Indy and others. Plenty of OTHER photos have been taken that show SSC's effort is as far removed from Mattel/Hasbro as you can expect. Beyond that, don't buy it. I haven't ordered the exclusive myself and will probably only do it in a couple of weeks, so I'd like to make sure it's not sold out by then.

You forgot production pictures [emoji3]. And that's exactly what i mean. I did spend a lot of time and money on that sculpt and i don't want to so again when i buy a new fig. it was ridicoulous then and is even more so now.

The ssc hoth sculpt looks like ford indeed...if he were replacing annabel in part two. The new ht han does not look like ford and it also has my unconditional hatred. But seeing the photoshopped version on the hoth han at least makes me feel i'm looking at an actual human collectible...not a mans barbie [emoji6] with the shape of harrison ford. I like the raw sculpt, made me preorder. I hate every picture since then of the final except those with those OO - eyes covered behind shadow, glasses or his scarf, made me cancel ;).

Plus to see it in hand...i have to buy it...and that's not gonna happen. To each it's own.

Oh, my ininitial ht indy was cheap. Only my stubborn getting him right nearly ruined me :p

I'm just ribbing you - your Indy rocks. :hi5:

The larger point is that EVERY 1/6 Harrison Ford has needed major work. Every single one (look at the work in that UU ROTJ Han turned into Indy - that's almost a new creation.) And I guess this new Hoth one - at $50 cheaper than the dreaded HT Indy - will need the same treatment to get it to shine. Do we want to do this? Of course not. Do we do it every time? Of course.

To me, this will need eye surgery for sure, some head shape adjustment and some paint, but it's a great new Trevor Grove HF sculpt, even if every TG sculpt SSC MUST mess up with either pancake paint or manufacturing errors.

Indy is easier to fix because he's dirty and sweaty, and Han is not, so... not easy. But I think this has potential, even judging by distorted macro and cellhone pics and with no one here having the EX in hand. Google eyes aside, unpainted/cut eyelids aside - it looks like HF from most angles. Which makes it a big step up on HT Indy.:wink1:

Jesus Christ this head especially the exclusive portrait looks like a damn monkey!

Give it up already Sideshow... Let hot toys handle it. Lots of droids and creatures you can do!

Back