Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Likeness not that bad, going by these first pics... but Chucky Han does look like he's deciding which sharp object he wants to kill you with when he comes to life and jumps out of the box.

Meh. Sculpt was grat but the eye thing is doing its best to kill the overall effect.

Looks like they were going for that PERS super-sunken look, without the movement benefits. ;) The dead-stare is a common complaint with a lot of 1/6 figures, but I'm glad these quick pics don't show some horribly produced Drake. Let's see how the hatless head turns out when people get that one in hand - I still think it's super odd for that to be the exclusive considering Han is actually seen in the movie wearing his outdoor gear without a Hat and Luke isn't.

The fact that he looks like he's been dipped in a caramel latte doesn't help either.

On the other hand, while this falls some way short of acceptable, it's definitely not as bad as I was expecting. If Sideshow want to use that quote in their advertising, then they're welcome to do so.

This is what Han looked like after smelling the Tauntaun inards! :lol

It does looks a bit like an embalmed corpse, I just didn't want to go there. ;) Not uncommon in the industry though, no matter what producer you look at. IMO, it's best to reserve final judgement until more photos come around, but I know that won't stop the hyperbole.

Does he have another full set of clothes under his winter gear? ;) You know, the stuff he wears around Echo Base when he's not riding Tauntauns or shooting Probe Droids.

If this whole eye system was designed to bring life into the expression it achieved quite the opposite.

cue quint's quote.....:lol

The coat, belt and pants looks nice, those eyes though. They give the face a weird pinched, plastic surgery look. Proportions look weird but thats probably just the iPad, they tend to do that.

Thanks for posting Para,

Saviour of the thread!

Definitely not a "Drake" though I can't say I'm incredibly excited about owning a figure that looks like an angry Eskimo woman who is one second from kicking my ass for being later for dinner.

Thanks for posting the pics.
:lol ...seriously I just laughed out loud. really. angry eskimo woman?! haha! I think it's that plastic surgery look from the eyes that make it a bit feminine.

I shall still be buying, but I will be replacing head.

Back