Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man, after all that debate about his coat being blue and everything when all is said and done I actually don't really care for SIDESHOW'S blue. :lol

The "brown" coat actually DOES look more screen accurate to me. I think what we've all been debating is whether his coat was brown/grey or blue/grey. NOT the deep blue that Sideshow is making.

Sideshow's "brown" at least does appear to have some of the greyish hue missing from the "blue" version. Brother. :lol Oh well, apparently brown it is with regard to the figure. :lol

11825075386_0038371a83_b.jpg

11824542753_7828479c4e_b.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

Although I will agree I think the brown jacket does look a bit better here, but I'm sticking to my guns and will order the blue. Also I'm pretty confident the brown jacket won't be too difficult to pick up once the figures been released and I'd pay an extra $20 or so to have both.

:lol :lol :lol

Although I will agree I think the brown jacket does look a bit better here, but I'm sticking to my guns and will order the blue. Also I'm pretty confident the brown jacket won't be too difficult to pick up once the figures been released and I'd pay an extra $20 or so to have both.
Agreed the brown sort of has a bit more depth to it, for lack of a better word. Same as you, though, I'm committed to the blue, especially as it will be a non-issue picking-up a spare brown from Toy Anxiety, if one chooses. Don't think I will, but like having the option.

Last edited:
Good point about the blue only coming with one of the three offerings.

And with my luck I'd order the brown because I think the blue is too blue and then they'll fix it right before release. :monkey1

Haha, that's what I was thinking, too. Either that or it will just look like a nicer blue, once in-hand. Might be nice to have both, as well, just to play around with lighting. Like pixel was mentioning previously, the brown coat under some blue LEDS could look really great. Have a feeling now that I may buy a parted-out brown jacket, after all. :lol

Has Sideshow ever sold out of any of their SW 1/6 scale figures prior to shipment? I haven't been following that long, but I can't think of hearing about any.

IMO, the biggest difference when looking at photos is in the paint, because it's easy to see Ford in the actual sculpt. I'm also very impressed by the quality of the clothing, though of course we'll have to see what the mass-produced production pieces are like.

Has Sideshow ever sold out of any of their SW 1/6 scale figures prior to shipment? I haven't been following that long, but I can't think of hearing about any.

They used to all the time when they had a pre-set edition size, regulars usually were not sold out, but exclusives almost always were.

But now with exclusives being more made to order it's very different. Back when the line first started it was a mad dash to get an exclusive and the servers often crashed causing mass hysteria and panic... ah the good old days :lol

Amazing how far Sideshows head sculpts have come in the last 5 years :lol

image5.JPG

To be fair, that's a great sculpt with a bad paint job:

wipm_zps02098052.jpg

They used to all the time when they had a pre-set edition size, regulars usually were not sold out, but exclusives almost always were.

But now with exclusives being more made to order it's very different. Back when the line first started it was a mad dash to get an exclusive and the servers often crashed causing mass hysteria and panic... ah the good old days :lol

To be fair, that's a great sculpt with a bad paint job:

wipm_zps02098052.jpg

The paint on the chest doesn't even match the face :rotfl

Nope... the old Buck body was not too pretty :lol And a figure that should have had a fixed neck due to the opening of the shirt.

Back