Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's gotta be more hands coming with it too. Is the second scarf the one to cover his nose and mouth? Wouldn't mind seeing a picture of that.

Blue as the exclusive makes perfect sense to me. Kinda like that it'll force people to put their money where their mouth is vis-a-vis prop accuracy vs screen perception. Will definitely order the blue exclusive on Thursday without hesitation.

Which is fine, but they needed to offer both jackets for both exclusive and regular like Devil suggested.

If retailers are contractually obliged to order X amount of any SW release, it forces them to put their money on the line for what may be a less-popular variant. And the exclusive is even more attractive with the second head, it is a double-dose of 'do not buy the regular'.

Really impressed (just visited site). Couldn't be happier with how this figure turned out, along with the parka and accessories.

@Star Puffs, I hear you but do not think either version will have a problem selling out. To me, this is what an exclusive is all about. Something really desirable, for once.

Regular Luke two heads, regular Han, one head… This figure as announced at SDCC is looking more and more like a $250 offering all the time. It's just that you have to do more work to get all the pieces.

Following Hot Toys lead in terms of catering to speculators instead of fans, IMO.

There are 2 Ex's the one with the blue coat is exclusively from SSC, like the Mythos line.

If like the mythos line, I can order from my AD rather than SS and save $$ as I live in Canada.

I want the alternate head sculpt but don't really care if the jacket is blue or brown. I hope at least one of them will be available to retailers.

I wish companies would make the blue coat more like this (blue/gray). They make it too blue. Much bluer than it looks on-screen.

It is Sideshow. Who knows what the final production blue will be? Boba was screen-accurate when Silent Surfer did the prototype, but the production piece was grass-green.

Which is fine, but they needed to offer both jackets for both exclusive and regular like Devil suggested.

If retailers are contractually obliged to order X amount of any SW release, it forces them to put their money on the line for what may be a less-popular variant. And the exclusive is even more attractive with the second head, it is a double-dose of 'do not buy the regular'.

well, in the end SS is a business and want you to buy directly through them not an AD. They could care less if AD are cheaper, they want you to spend MSRP and is incentive, they offer the exclusives. They're just getting more stingy and offering better exclusives now.

Site's working fine and you can see the pictures here: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/experie...-is-arriving-soon-to-join-the-hoth-collection

IMO, blue coat looks like CRAP, but I'd still like to have both. As it stands, the best way to do that is probably to buy the blue exclusive and then a parted-out brown jacket. The most risky but potentially most economical is to buy both brown and blue exclusives and then part out the duplicates to make back some $$. Might be too risky as I expect these will be available in big numbers and there could be a lot of people selling parts, driving down the prices. Then again, there's also a secondary Indiana Jones mod market for the head sculpts, though they'll need serious work in the hair/hat department to make them compatible with that character.

Site is still giving me errors. Still haven't seen all the photos!

But I agree that both coats should have been offered for the regular, even if it's like the exclusive where you choose from a blue regular or a brown regular.

IMO, blue coat looks like CRAP, but I'd still like to have both.

The truth comes out! He wanted a blue all along. :lol

05-02-2003-baroness.jpg

Site's working fine and you can see the pictures here: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/experie...-is-arriving-soon-to-join-the-hoth-collection

IMO, blue coat looks like CRAP, but I'd still like to have both. As it stands, the best way to do that is probably to buy the blue exclusive and then a parted-out brown jacket. The most risky but potentially most economical is to buy both brown and blue exclusives and then part out the duplicates to make back some $$. Might be too risky as I expect these will be available in big numbers and there could be a lot of people selling parts, driving down the prices. Then again, there's also a secondary Indiana Jones mod market for the head sculpts, though they'll need serious work in the hair/hat department to make them compatible with that character.

I agree about blue coat, I am not feeling it. At price point wish the clothes were more weathered...sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134667

Which is the whole problem.

You are Janey-on-the-spot when it is time to tell us how to spend our money. It looks as cynical as can be.

Did any of you at SSC even deign to notice that the blue coat won the colour poll here?

Or are you convinced you know what fans 'really' want like that Destro figure?

I honestly I have no information as to why the Blue coat version was decided upon to be an Exclusive product. I'm not a part of such decisions. I'm simply here to answer product specifics when I can in regards to what is included with the piece, how much (if the price has been released), when it will be available, etc as well as to help folks that have other questions in regards to ordering issues, account issues, etc.

-SideshowAlex

Back