Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:slap The only person I've ever seen write that is you. If you're implying that I said that, you might want to go back and search for my post. Then after you read it, realize I said something completely different, try to understand the context and what it was about. Then do it all over again.

:lol you did..you did... my mistake you said *embalmed* not *reanimated*, much better.. :lol

It does looks a bit like an embalmed corpse, I just didn't want to go there. ;)....

Last edited:
I think the figure looks very, very good. With that being said I don't think SS screwed up this head sculpt at all. For once the proto and production are very close. And that's a good thing for SS. Great shots guys, keep em coming as usual.

Last edited:
The pics of a hooded Han with snow added have been stellar. The hoodless sculpt may look better in hand but so far pics have not made it look good to me.

I'll probably reorder the brown jacket version and snag some of that snow Anthrapoid linked for customizing.

If you don't want to buy a huge jug of model train snow for $13 they also sell little packets of snow for kid's school projects at stores like Hobby Lobby. I got some and it looks like the exact same stuff.

If you don't want to buy a huge jug of model train snow for $13 they also sell little packets of snow for kid's school projects at stores like Hobby Lobby. I got some and it looks like the exact same stuff.
I boycott Hobby Lobby... besides, I plan to do this with my Han, Luke and maybe parts of the Tauntaun. So, a big jug for $13 isn't a bad deal. There will be plenty left over for whatever diorama I might build in the future, so I know everything will be consistent later on.

Good to know. We have a local Hobby Lobby so I'll pick some up to practice with.

Has anyone seen this? There's a "Bespin" jacket under the coat. Not sure if this was posted or not, but it's there according the review below.
Screen%20Shot%202015-03-02%20at%2010.23.59%20AM.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Sideshow Collectibles Luke Skywalker, Han Solo Hoth Review

On the subject of the under jacket... Does that zipper even have a pull? If not, why on earth would they put a zipper on it? I thought it might be there to allow a tight-closing fit to prevent bulk under the parka, but if it can't be zipped up, leaving it off entirely would save bulk.

Apart from the zipper, it looks a bit soft and undergarment-y looking? Not sure it would make a great Bespin jacket. Maybe if it was pressed? stiffened a lot.

:dunno

I was thinking lose the under jacket and step up to a better body. I think it will correct the proportions issue and without the jacket, not get too bulky.

Even with the zipper, it looks a helluva lot better-tailored than the previous version (which looks like it was sewn by a 5 year old). And while taking out the zipper would probably be a huge pain, it should still be doable I'd think.

Back