Sideshow, Han Needs Stormtrooper Belt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sigh. another day, another star wars whinefest.

Maybe I'm just desensitized to the "whining" but I've noticed an interesting *lack* of whining, wailing, and "chicken little syndrome" over the Old Ben and ANH Han pics. Any quibbling is over minute details, and far from the usual melodrama.

Would it have been nice if SS had included an extra shirt, medal, and ST belt for Han to make him "ANH complete?" Sure, but I'd just pose him as the smuggling gunslinger anyway and that's the version we're getting. I'm sure the belt on Stormtrooper Disguise Han will be removeable and that we'll be able to just use that one for post-trash compactor displays.

No whining here, just sayin' that the gun GOES WITH the belt, so why not include it?

I already used the hasbro version to make my Han one, so if Sideshow doesn`t include it, no problem.

Han&ChewieDeathstar.jpg

If Hasbro can do it then Sideshow can. Do the research, make the Chewie, set price point to cover the costs of R&D and production, and then watch it sell out. All there is to it.

What's the height on the Hasbro Chewie (if that is who he used) and then what is Chewie in true 1/6? I really think if SS engineered a stick thin base body out of a hard plastic and then made a fur suit... it could work.

What's the height on the Hasbro Chewie (if that is who he used) and then what is Chewie in true 1/6? I really think if SS engineered a stick thin base body out of a hard plastic and then made a fur suit... it could work.

Yeah, it's possible to do... that's for sure. Only snag would be the head. You'd probably have to sculpt it and then add the fur on top of it.

The last Hasbro Chewie I got in the 1/6 scale was about 14" tall. It was the better one, in my opinion, with the plastic molded hair. The first one that Kenner/Hasbro tried in the late '90s was just a big goofy looking "fuzzball"! :monkey4 I bought it but ended up selling it on eBay because I just didn't like it at all.

I hope Sideshow will make a MUCH better 1/6 scale Chewie someday soon! :D

Yeah, it's possible to do... that's for sure. Only snag would be the head. You'd probably have to sculpt it and then add the fur on top of it.

Definitely. I would sculpt the eyes, nose, and mouth and have them slightly projected outward from the head to accommodate for the surrounding fur covered areas. Of course it depends on how thick they want the hair. BTW, other than the likeness in the face, that Hasbro fur Chewie looks fantastic.

Thanks guys. Basically, I made a Chewie suit based on the real costume, but for a skinny 14 inch body, using 2 Hasbro furry Chewies. I also sculpted the head and added the fur, but I want to tweak the head on mine again. I'll NEVER be finished! :D

And yes, they ARE 70's ROCKERS!!!!:rock

It'll be kinda weird if ANH Luke comes with his Stormtrooper belt because Han didn't get his

TECHNICALLY Luke's is different from Han's. Han's is a standard ST belt and Luke's had the grappling hook attachment, so they are different enough for me! :D

Last edited:
The Stormtrooper blaster would seem redundant without the Stormtrooper belt.

With this little accessory there is so much more options to pose Han.

Back