Sideshow, Give Us The Finger!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given the steady price increase of the 1/6 figures with no significant improvement in the quality I think Sideshow has been giving collectors the finger for a good while now.

Well, I'd argue that. 1) I think the quality has seen some improvement, and 2) I think price increases also reflect current economic status in the U.S., but it's more noticeable in an industry like collectibles because we scrutinize prices more in this business than a lot of other things like food, electronics, etc.

Given the steady price increase of the 1/6 figures with no significant improvement in the quality I think Sideshow has been giving collectors the finger for a good while now.

Kind of like the no significant improvement in the haters responses. If you're gonna give those of us that do like these the finger with your spiel then please add to it. I feel like I'm hearing a broken record over and over. :lol

We gotta have at least one Ford Finger of Doom! I don't really care which figure comes with it, as long as we have at least one we can swap out with either Indy or Han. Indy absolutely must have fists!!! He won't be complete if he doesn't have a pair of fists for expressing himself as well as for fighting. ("We are going to die!!!") A pair of fists, a pistol grip hand and a bull-whip grip hand would all be the bare minimum for Indy.

Han didn't use his dukes nearly as much as Indy, so the default blaster grip hand and the Ford Finger of Doom would be two of the best possible choices for Han, with maybe an angry shaking fist thrown in just for good measure.

I think adding the Ford Finger of Doom is the best suggestion I've heard in a long time and I really hope Sideshow makes it happen! They could even make it an exclusive item, just for fun!

We gotta have at least one Ford Finger of Doom! I don't really care which figure comes with it, as long as we have at least one we can swap out with either Indy or Han. Indy absolutely must have fists!!! He won't be complete if he doesn't have a pair of fists for expressing himself as well as for fighting. ("We are going to die!!!") A pair of fists, a pistol grip hand and a bull-whip grip hand would all be the bare minimum for Indy.

Han didn't use his dukes nearly as much as Indy, so the default blaster grip hand and the Ford Finger of Doom would be two of the best possible choices for Han, with maybe an angry shaking fist thrown in just for good measure.

I think adding the Ford Finger of Doom is the best suggestion I've heard in a long time and I really hope Sideshow makes it happen! They could even make it an exclusive item, just for fun!

Oddly, I can't think if ONE Sideshow figure with fist hands! Closest one is Hellboy's Right hand of doom.

I believe you're right about that. Not many at least. Maybe it's time to start making some, especially for figures that really call for 'em, like Indy. In a way it's too bad Sideshow has yet to take up on the accessory pack suggestions that so many of us have made over the years. Almost every 12" line could benefit from a few extras, like additional hands. It sure would open up a lot more possibilities for displaying their figures, especially with the more action-oriented characters, like LOTR and Star Wars for starters.

Yeah, they sorely need fists. Not one SSC figure has fists, that I know of... sans Hellboy. I know it's a cliche thing that all figures used to have, but it's needed for specific characters such as Indy and others. Even Bond could do for some.

Easiest way to fix this would be to make an accessory pack with different hands, that would make it easy for anyone to have what they wanted. :duff

One thing I mentioned to Brant during SDCC was a gun holding left hand. There are certain poses I was thinking about trying with Bespin Luke that would have looked neat but couldn't be done due to no the hands issue.

One thing I mentioned to Brant during SDCC was a gun holding left hand. There are certain poses I was thinking about trying with Bespin Luke that would have looked neat but couldn't be done due to no the hands issue.

Yeah, that is a good point as well. I've wanted to do the same things, for custom characters that hold two pistols or a sword and a pistol. But without that left hand the gun looks awkward in the hand.

Yeah, that is a good point as well. I've wanted to do the same things, for custom characters that hold two pistols or a sword and a pistol. But without that left hand the gun looks awkward in the hand.

It does and I hope its something they think about when the Clones and Stormies start coming out. There are some cool things you could do with double guns on those guys.

This is a great idea! Come one Sideshow! Heck, make it the exclusive with Hoth Leia just so I can pose her with Han in the Echo base hallway... :lol. I would snap up an accessory pack of different hands in a heartbeat. Right now almost every one of my Sideshow figures look like they just stepped out of the Everlong video...

everlong.jpg

Not to mention characters like T-1000 who used the left to fire at certain times and can't be displayed that way because of it.

I think Sideshow has a good selection of hands to cover a broad range, but it would be good to have some other options available for characters that need it, such as fists and pointing fingers. I've yet to get a Sideshow figure where I really wanted fists, but that's not to say someone won't come along where it is very appropriate. I think Aragorn in LOTR is a good example of their current lines where a character throws fists around, he really gets in their and throws himself around, everyone else in Star Wars, T2, and The Dead and LOTR has been fine without fists so far.

Hmmm... I recall Aragorn relied mostly on edged steel for CQB, but he could surely use an arrow-gripping right hand, like Leggy and Faramir have. At the moment his ranger bow is little more than an ornament! :D

Well if Han doesn't come with it, some talented customizers might make use of these DID hands from Toy Anxiety...they're on the sale page:

didalberthhandsze5.jpg

:D :D :D

Hey, whatever happened to this campaign? Has Sideshow notified anyone in regards to this?

OR, is it easier to find non-Sideshow kits since they are using the new bodies? I want THE FINGER!

I want the finger, too, but only if they do a head sculpt with that serious Ford expression. Otherwise, it will look off.

Hey, Trevor. Any serious Jones sculpts in the works?

I know you can't answer that. Nevermind.

But is there?

Back