Premium Format Sideshow Friday the 13th Jason Voorhees: Legend of Crystal Lake Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aw man. I hate it. Oh well. It looks like an end pose after like having a dance off. But congrats to everyone who likes him 😁

I'm not a huge horror fan or collector, but I really like this so far. The original Pt 3 PF never did anything for me, but this has a look that is more "encompassing" of who Jason is to me. I like the stylized route they took. I'll have to see if this fits in the collection somehow....hmmmm.

This is definitely more menacing. The original is a better sculpt. It's just so... Plain. I want this solely because it looks more part 4 than 3. 4 is always better than 3.

I'm very upset that I now have to fund this piece, was hoping I wouldn't like it lol. I like the head/neck sculpt, the pose, and the blood. Really nice.

This will for sure be the next statue I pick up. Looks awesome, the first pics posted just had bad quality but the last ones make this really stand out. Love the blood, the pose with the machete, and the base. Look forward to seeing what the EX has to offer.

Yea, not a fan of that piece. It is plain and boring to me. I also enjoyed the 4-8 movies more than 3.

This thread is great. Everyone being articulate and respectful on their likes and dislikes about the new Part 3 PF. I also enjoy that 50% love the piece and 50% hate it. Makes for good and respectful debate. Here's hoping Freddy is a home run. Jason has grown on me slightly but I still believe they need to lift the head up and add mass to his weak frame. :)

This thread is great. Everyone being articulate and respectful on their likes and dislikes about the new Part 3 PF. I also enjoy that 50% love the piece and 50% hate it. Makes for good and respectful debate. Here's hoping Freddy is a home run. Jason has grown on me slightly but I still believe they need to lift the head up and add mass to his weak frame. :)

I'm just happy that there's a new Jason PF to discuss.:lol

The issue that I had with the PT 3 PF is that when I finally got it I just wasn't blown away like I thought I'd be. I found the pose to be very stiff looking and I eventually sold it. I thought the amount of detail was great and I prefer the skin texture of the original to what I can see in the pics of the new PF so far, but other than that I'm really buying into....The Legend Of Crystal Lake.:yess:

Lots of things wrong with the piece, for me anyways. I know he said they took a few creative liberties with the design, but messing with a classic doesn't make much sense to me. I can never imagine Jason standing that way. He's always hunched and looming, not sticking his gut out confidently. His neck looks pretty ridiculous and the paint is WAY too red. Sculpt itself is really good, his right hand alone displays a lot of character. I'm not sure if I'll pick this up or not. Definitely not getting rid of my original Part III PF.

I think the new piece seems somewhat inspired by Part 6 Jason... Who was a pretty skinny Jason

I wouldn't say Part VI Jason was skinny in any way… here's C.J. Graham, one of the 2 guys that played him throughout the movie:

hqdefault.jpg

Here he is beside Kane Hodder:

Anchor+Bay+Entertainment+Jason+Voorhees+Reunion+fZnB4D0Q93Zl.jpg

53d54c20220976d

I wouldn't say Part VI Jason was skinny in any way… here's C.J. Graham, one of the 2 guys that played him throughout the movie:

hqdefault.jpg

Here he is beside Kane Hodder:

Anchor+Bay+Entertainment+Jason+Voorhees+Reunion+fZnB4D0Q93Zl.jpg

53d54c20220976d

CJ never looked that big in part 6. He packed on some size after he retired. I think that first shot is from 2009:)

the other guy who played Jason in part 6 was a fat slob lol :)

CJ looked big in the opening but when he tucked in his shirt and put on his utility belt he looked very thin (Where is that scene in the film :) )

Jason never looked like he had pecks in part 6

I am not saying he was small but he did not look as "big" as other actors in the role. Part six was the lean ninja Jason :)

According to Wiki CJ played Jason in the Alice Cooper video "Man Behind the Mask" AS we know Alice is not giant..

cj2.jpg

jason-and-alice.jpg

I think CJ packed on some size after he retired.

View attachment 176189

Last edited:
Yeah, he was just a normal size in part 6. I would actually LOVE a part 6 or part 7 PF. Hopefully PCS will give us that in 1/3 scale. :)

I think part of my dislike of this statue is that it reminds me of poor attempts at likenesses. See, Cinema Screams beat Sideshow to the 'Stylized" Jason along time ago...
$_57.JPG

Lots of things wrong with the piece, for me anyways. I know he said they took a few creative liberties with the design, but messing with a classic doesn't make much sense to me. I can never imagine Jason standing that way. He's always hunched and looming, not sticking his gut out confidently. His neck looks pretty ridiculous and the paint is WAY too red. Sculpt itself is really good, his right hand alone displays a lot of character. I'm not sure if I'll pick this up or not. Definitely not getting rid of my original Part III PF.

I agree with a lot of these points. Best not to "stylize" a classic. Here is hoping they learn a lesson and tone down Freddy being stylized to make him more film accurate. They still have time to make slight adjustments to Jason if they really care. The gut, the skinny frame, the head tilt and make the mask more film accurate and then I am in to buy him. But I do want to see some slight changes.

Mask is the wrong shape to me. Almost the shape of the remake. Disappointing.

Back