Sideshow Exclusive Stickers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhole

Super Freak
Reaction score
When were these introduced? I ask because some auctions on eBay show boxes without the stickers but claim to be the exclusives...

When were these introduced? I ask because some auctions on eBay show boxes without the stickers but claim to be the exclusives...

They haven't used them for very long... maybe a couple of years at most, so there will be a lot of Sideshow Exclusive figures without the stickers. The best way to determine the Exclusive is to review the page at Sideshow (if available) and see what the extra items are and verify the auction has those items as well.

brown shipping box usually reflects exclusive or not. and to make it easy, the warehouse people at ss have put a giant 'X' on them so they don't have to read the text.

brown shipping box usually reflects exclusive or not. and to make it easy, the warehouse people at ss have put a giant 'X' on them so they don't have to read the text.

Actually that is not correct; the X's can be found on both exclusive and regular products and is used to denote a low number, usually under 100, and as far as I know, have never been used on 12" figures.

Actually that is not correct; the X's can be found on both exclusive and regular products and is used to denote a low number, usually under 100, and as far as I know, have never been used on 12" figures.

only X i ever got was on an exclusive box. and i don't have any low numbers on anything i can think of. :confused:

My Exclusive Jason X figure was shipped from Sideshow without the Exclusive sticker.

same for my grevious pf. but the shipping brown box had a big X on it. and it was a fairly high number. that's why i thought X meant exclusive.

same for my grevious pf. but the shipping brown box had a big X on it. and it was a fairly high number. that's why i thought X meant exclusive.

Was it red? They also use black X's on un-numbered products that get renumbered as replacements.

You get a blue X on Artist Sample pieces.

Lonnie is right, red is for pieces 100 and under.

even though theyre shipped randomly in no order ... but they still need to mark the low numbers? :monkey3

I only ask because of the Sideshow exclusive FvJ Jason...

I guess, being a 2003 film, with a fig shortly thereafter, it wouldn't...

I always assumed the "x" was to cover the writing on the box for shipping purposes. But I am talking about a very large x that covers the whole shipping box side. I only have one low numbered edition, the Alien diorama, and I do remember it having a red "x" on the side. But to my memory, all of my shipping boxes have had an "x" of some color, so that is why I just assumed they were to cover the extraneous information during shipping, as required by FedEx.

Hmmm...

i got a black X. does that mean it was renumbered? it wasn't a replacement. :confused:

It should mean it was an un-numbered statue at first, but then got a number. Maybe someone returned a damaged one and only wanted a refund, freeing the number up to be sent out again. Only Sideshow knows the answer for sure, and they probably ain't saying...

even though theyre shipped randomly in no order ... but they still need to mark the low numbers? :monkey3

The un-numbered and samples being marked makes sense, but yeah, the low numbered ones being marked doesn't make sense if they are truly sent out randomly, but I gave up questioning it long ago. All I know is that I get a fairly good mixture of low, medium and high numbers so it seems very fair how they are distributed and probably really is random. Again, only Sideshow knows for sure...

I mostly receive higher numbers, probably because I'm located in Europe.
I was surprised to receive a fairly low number 33/750 on an older in-stock item not so long ago, suggesting they are send out at random.

Can't remember having ever seen an X in any color on one of my boxes :confused:

Back