Sideshow Distributing Hot Toys SOCOM Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eli26 said:
I am confused by Alter Ego. They said it's Instock but availability is sold out. Damnit! Can someone make sense of what they are trying to say? lol

Those contradicting fools! Or perhaps I am just the fool.

Yeah if it is no longer available, they should take it off the web site. I deal with them all the time though and they have never done me wrong.

I'm getting mine tomorrow. Do most of the accesories come already put on, or do you have to strap all the stuff on yourself? That must be pretty time consuming if so...

I can't imagine how those guys move around silently in a jungle where the heat and humidity is in a race to reach triple digits while wearing all that stuff...

Agent0028 said:
I'm getting mine tomorrow. Do most of the accesories come already put on, or do you have to strap all the stuff on yourself? That must be pretty time consuming if so...

I can't imagine how those guys move around silently in a jungle where the heat and humidity is in a race to reach triple digits while wearing all that stuff...

Most of them already come on. The only things that weren't were the 2 machine guns, 2 ammo clips, watch, knife, backpack and patch. So the only things you have to put on are the backpack, watch or knife.

Of course you may want to do some futzing which I will probably do. But there is no way I would take all that stuff off because you're right it would be impossible to get back on.

The patch doesn't attach itself that I can see so I'm not sure how it goes on. I guess you would have to glue it or something.

Get on the waitlist, its pulled through for me more often than not. Good luck.

rainman said:
Most of them already come on. The only things that weren't were the 2 machine guns, 2 ammo clips, watch, knife, backpack and patch. So the only things you have to put on are the backpack, watch or knife.

Of course you may want to do some futzing which I will probably do. But there is no way I would take all that stuff off because you're right it would be impossible to get back on.

The patch doesn't attach itself that I can see so I'm not sure how it goes on. I guess you would have to glue it or something.
That's most of the fun, doing research and tying to put all the accessories on. If it helps the company keep costs down then I'm all for it.

I used to think this was the best military figure until I witnessed the DiD figures. Oh man, real shoes with shoe laces, and bullets that slide down the chamber of riffles. *drools*

Having said that this is still a kick-arse looking figure. Although I can't help seeing John Cena with his war painted face in a clip from the Marine in those pictures. All and all, I am floored by all the new figures coming out. Well, I may not be able to get this SOCOM but I'll get a few of DiD history/war figures. Most beautiful figures on the market.

I hate the hands on this figure, they pop out easier than the SW ones IMO. Plus they look like they've been run over by a steam roller and flattened out. Plus to me sometimes the fingers look like they are broken. But everything else about the figure is awesome.

Agent0028 said:
I hate the hands on this figure, they pop out easier than the SW ones IMO. Plus they look like they've been run over by a steam roller and flattened out. Plus to me sometimes the fingers look like they are broken. But everything else about the figure is awesome.

Yeah the hands are probably my biggest gripe with this figure. The hands are rubber and bendy. That is a neat feature but the gloves are real and can be taken off.

Try getting gloves down over a rubber hand. They won't go in all the way. Which results in him having lots of space at the ends of the fingertips. I tried forcing them down as far as I could. That worked so it wasn't as noticeable. But I was worried the gloves would rip.

That and the hat does not fit on the head well.

who else has this figure? I just got one, should have it next week.

Anyone know where to get a 1:6 M24 Socom Sniper Rifle to go with?

I still want this figure but I am surely doubting *NOW* that it's available.

Atleast I have a DiD WWII US soldier figure coming to me via mail as I type this. My first in what I hope to be many military figures! *teehee*

I wouldn't say it's available, it's pretty tough to find one in stock these days. I got very lucky getting mine.

Yes, I haven't seen him anywhere. I was too slow on getting this one. DAYUM!

Oh well, I still have the Masterpiece Megatron to get. :D

Eli26 said:
Oh well, I still have the Masterpiece Megatron to get. :D

He's tops on my list as well... that's gonna be a sweet figure!

Gotta try and find one that either doesn't have the orange cap or it can be removed. Its hard to tell with some of the dealers importing Megatron what the modifications will mean.

Yet I was able to order a G1 reissue Megatron a few years ago (even after the 9/11 incident) that doesn't sport any decals, and comes as a gun in a open window package. And his gun is more accurate in size and look vs. the over sized Masterpiece Megatron we'll be getting this year! And I got that from the US! lol

Oh man, these laws make no sense. I know agesthreeandup.com will have him unaltered (here's hoping that stays true), and are a Canadian owned and operated business, and being that I am from Canada, I am hoping that I can get mine without the eye sore of a orange cap.

P.S. The laws don't make sense, because it was okay to import and sell G1 Megatron reissues years after 9/11, but this year is different? Why?! Also, these laws were put in place I heard because cops were mistakening children using toy guns that looked like the real mccoy as the real thing. Injuries, and sometimes deaths had occured because of it. I understand that. However, I just don't see kids 1) Investing into a toy that is only available through an online retailer, which a credit card is required. I don't know about the rest of you, but how many kids have a credit card? 2) The toy sports a 100 USD price tag. Again, what kid has that kind of money? 3) It's an oversized Walther P-38 that has bloody paint aps or decals with the Decepticon insignia all over it.

Last edited:
Eli26 said:
Yet I was able to order a G1 reissue Megatron a few years ago (even after the 9/11 incident) that doesn't sport any decals, and comes as a gun in a open window package. And his gun is more accurate in size and look vs. the over sized Masterpiece Megatron we'll be getting this year! And I got that from the US! lol

Oh man, these laws make no sense. I know agesthreeandup.com will have him unaltered (here's hoping that stays true), and are a Canadian owned and operated business, and being that I am from Canada, I am hoping that I can get mine without the eye sore of a orange cap.

P.S. The laws don't make sense, because it was okay to import and sell G1 Megatron reissues years after 9/11, but this year is different? Why?! Also, these laws were put in place I heard because cops were mistakening children using toy guns that looked like the real mccoy as the real thing. Injuries, and sometimes deaths had occured because of it. I understand that. However, I just don't see kids 1) Investing into a toy that is only available through an online retailer, which a credit card is required. I don't know about the rest of you, but how many kids have a credit card? 2) The toy sports a 100 USD price tag. Again, what kid has that kind of money? 3) It's an oversized Walther P-38 that has bloody paint aps or decals with the Decepticon insignia all over it.

i agree with you. speaking about canada, I had a girlfrend that was canadian going to school in the US and she came to visit my family and my dad has a collection of automatic weapons, ak-47, hk92, tommy gun, etc.(fully auto and completely legally owned) and we took pictures together with them in our hands(as a joke) and sent them to her parents in canada. her parents were very angry at her because they said they could have gotten in major trouble for having the pictures of them. said the government could have came and searched their house. this was back in 97 or so.

i'd love to have a g1 megatron. looking forward to the masterpiece megatron.

I didnt know this was a limited edition of 1200. wow thats kind of cool.

Back