1/6 Sideshow Deluxe Darth Vader review, People's Picks voting!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want to complain, don't do it about prequel bashing - that's well deserved. Do it about the following:

• Link to Michael's main page provided, but not one to the review. If there's a link on the main page to this review, it doesn't mean it will be there next week, next month, next year. Or today as it were.
  • None of the reviews I have ever read at the site have a date on the top of the page. If you're posting editorial of any kind, blogs, reviews, whatever, you should absolutely always have a clear date at the very top of the post/article/page. No exceptions. Ever. This kind of material is always period/date-relevant.
  • And this gem from the first post: "Didn't Sideshow already produce a great sixth scale Darth Vader?" No, they didn't. The previous version was anything but great.

Apart from that, I haven't read the review yet. Clicking on the link didn't take me to it and a search of the page doesn't have any matches for "vader." Anyone have a direct link so I can check it out?

Last edited:
jARJARSADSM.jpg

If you want to complain, don't do it about prequel bashing - that's well deserved. Do it about the following:

• Link to Michael's main page provided, but not one to the review. If there's a link on the main page to this review, it doesn't mean it will be there next week, next month, next year. Or today as it were.
  • None of the reviews I have ever read at the site have a date on the top of the page. If you're posting editorial of any kind, blogs, reviews, whatever, you should absolutely always have a clear date at the very top of the post/article/page. No exceptions. Ever. This kind of material is always period/date-relevant.
  • And this gem from the first post: "Didn't Sideshow already produce a great sixth scale Darth Vader?" No, they didn't. The previous version was anything but great.

Apart from that, I haven't read the review yet. Clicking on the link didn't take me to it and a search of the page doesn't have any matches for "vader." Anyone have a direct link so I can check it out?

Here --> https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_020314a.htm

You can also access it by clicking on Vader's icon on top of the page, in the little icon's toolbar.

We've discussed this in the main Vader thread, but here's a quote from the review:

He was right handed, and it's obvious - there are only three left hands, but a whopping eight right hands!

Precisely because Vader is right handed is why there should be additional left hands - his right hand will be busy holding the saber. As it stands, people end up putting the saber, lit or unlit, in his left hand which just looks all kinds of wrong.

Two stars for the hands IMO. The flared gloves are also a brutal design flaw, which is touched upon in the review, but not with enough weight. Not only do they make the arms seems skinnier, they're not very similar to what's used in the movies.

I'll ask my hosting guys if there's something weird going on with South Korea. Thanks!

I also have problems for over a year to access your home page, I get this, will you fix it I'm a big fan of yours, I'm from Venezuela.

Attachments

• WEb.jpg
    WEb.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 110
Nice review. I always enjoy your reviews, and listening to you on the Podcast.

On the issue of the server, when voting for the poppies was open, I had an issue trying to get on and vote. I was able to eventually, but for a day It wouldn't let me on while others had no problem. I'm in Minnesota, not sure if that info will help or not.

Back