Premium Format Sideshow Deadpool!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I know thwey could sellmore easily. I am aware that SS I am sure has a formula they use to figure out their target ES for a specific line. They also know they are dealling with a bunch of die hard ES weenies on here. lol. That is and has been a big part of SSC business model for years but your right, the whole open ES thing is not something I like either but I won't stop collecting because of it. I love it too much.

There is nothing wrong with that. I believe I'll be collecting sideshow pieces for a long time. I really don't think they will have an open ES on most of their Coms and PFs. It just doesn't seem to be a business practice that they'll implement. If they stick to open ES for high ticket items, I really won't have many complaints. The only piece I have passed on because of an open ES is the Hulk maquette. It's a piece I think looks great but I can wait for a more reasonably priced fully sculpted 1/4 scale comic version of the Hulk which I'm sure they'll get around to releasing.

As I've said before, I don't even mind a high ES, I just don't want an open ES on any of the pieces in my collection. This is just my line of thinking on the topic. Everyone should collect for whatever reason they enjoy this hobby.

i didnt fall for skaar, colossus, many of the so called awesome statues, but i did order Halo PF( have never played the game ) and deadpool(not a big fan, but deliberated a lot over this pf, because somehow i liked it and didnt want to regret later )
i also ordered so called duds like the 1/5 predator and avatar lines simply because i needed them,
and i also ordered Vampirella, and lady death, , having fallen for the hype around them :X

Well I'll agree that if you are buying a deadpool to leave in a box for 2 years then there are better ways to make money. But I have sold several things from my hobbies including this one that I have used or enjoyed during that time frame I owned it too.

People who made a profit on Dr Doom or Gambit also enjoyed having it for that time displayed.

There are several ways to make money. I wasnt claiming this is the best way to do that by any means. I was simply stating that the reward of a possible return is part of many collecting hobbies. Thats no different here. But sure if your only concern is making money statues is not the way to go about it. .

I have a $20,000 machine gun that I bought for $10,000 not too long ago. I've enjoyed owning it a lot. Ive used it a lot. When I'm ready to sell it it appears I will have also made some money in that time frame. Seeing that gun appreciate to 10,000 from its original 400$ sale price in the 1980's was a big part of my decision to buy it though. I wouldnt have bought a MG for 10k just to have.

Well I'll agree that if you are buying a deadpool to leave in a box for 2 years then there are better ways to make money. But I have sold several things from my hobbies including this one that I have used or enjoyed during that time frame I owned it too.

People who made a profit on Dr Doom or Gambit also enjoyed having it for that time displayed.

There are several ways to make money. I wasnt claiming this is the best way to do that by any means. I was simply stating that the reward of a possible return is part of many collecting hobbies. Thats no different here. But sure if your only concern is making money statues is not the way to go about it. .

I have a $20,000 machine gun that I bought for $10,000 not too long ago. I've enjoyed owning it a lot. Ive used it a lot. When I'm ready to sell it it appears I will have also made some money in that time frame. Seeing that gun appreciate to 10,000 from its original 400$ sale price in the 1980's was a big part of my decision to buy it though. I wouldnt have bought a MG for 10k just to have.
i really dont mind the investment part in this hobby but what i hate is the part where it gets sold out instantly even before it comes in stock , before someone who wants to keep one for his collection can actually judge whether its worth getting one, for eg, i ordered deadpool, i dont really need it, it looks good and i MIGHT like it actually when it comes in stock, but will be the ex be around? no.. so had to pull the trigger yesterday

Yeah the DP to me looks like my favorite Marvel PF since the Gambit so it was an easy sell for me. But if you struggle to know if its something you want then I suppose the EX is a harder choice 9 months away. But thats still your choice. I think that should be the choice though to commit to the EX so far out.

I like the DP enough even without the chicken, though as this hobby is a collector hobby for me as much as an "Art" hobby I made sure I got in on day 1 also. All my PF are EX. Not all of them are "grails". But I always get the EX one as the collector side of me requires that :)

I have only recently become involved in this hobby, heck I haven’t even received my first statue so I by no means claim to be an expert when it comes to this hobby. Having said that, I have seen this issue come up before and all I ever think when I see this is how there are so many better ways to invest than with statues.I mean is it really worth it to pay the shipping an such on a statue then have to store it somewhere for at least a few years to let the value possibly rise to then make $200 maybe $300 dollars. If you put a dollar a day away for that time you would have that money and not have to then worry about packing and shipping a statue.* There are obviously some pieces that seem to rise in value fast like the joker ex pf.* That piece also proves that edition size doesn’t matter if demand in there.* People I am sure lost their mind when they saw a 1250 es of the Joker EX and look at what some people on this board have been paying for it despite regs still being available at retail.*
I am a firm believer in buy what you like. Yes its good for it to hold its value but to expect it to be worth way more so soon is unlikely. Having said that in time many pieces will go up in value.* This Deadpool piece for example might not be worth much next year but in say 5 years when maybe a movie comes out or new collectors start getting in the hobby and start hunting for old pieces, this thing will start to go up.

I think for those of us that have been collecting for some time now. Have good if not great intuition when a statue is going to be an instant classic. Of course this is always on the contingency that SC holds up on the QC. Can't tell you how many statues I've flipped or trade (at the higher value) to continue on with this hobby. I don't think I spent any money out of pocket all this year to buy a statue. That's 12 1/4 new statues with two of those being custom statues. I'm not buying extras to retire off of, but if I can use those extra ones to offset, trade or outright pay for statues. That's what's going to be done. If you have the means to collect like this why not? I'm not all into the thinking of leaving some for the newbies. I see it as paying your dues to get into this hobby. Most all of us paid our dues. Meaning we paid flipper price to acquire the pieces we missed when we weren't collecting in this statue hobby. No one felt sorry for us and sold that extra Doom PF for anything close resembling MSRP pricing. Like I have this extra Gambit Ex that's going t help me pay for the three DP's I have on order. I call it recycling other collectors money for the benefit of helping my collection grow.

^ totally agree. I paid a higher price for my Gambit EX. Since then its gone up more. Great for everybody involved :)

Yeah the DP to me looks like my favorite Marvel PF since the Gambit so it was an easy sell for me. But if you struggle to know if its something you want then I suppose the EX is a harder choice 9 months away. But thats still your choice. I think that should be the choice though to commit to the EX so far out.

I like the DP enough even without the chicken, though as this hobby is a collector hobby for me as much as an "Art" hobby I made sure I got in on day 1 also. All my PF are EX. Not all of them are "grails". But I always get the EX one as the collector side of me requires that :)

Totally agree even if the Ex. comes with a Q-tip and a swab of toilet paper, and it doesn't cost me an penny more. I'm all in for every EX. That's that collector in me talking.

I think for those of us that have been collecting for some time now. Have good if not great intuition when a statue is going to be an instant classic. Of course this is always on the contingency that SC holds up on the QC. Can't tell you how many statues I've flipped or trade (at the higher value) to continue on with this hobby. I don't think I spent any money out of pocket all this year to buy a statue. That's 12 1/4 new statues with two of those being custom statues. I'm not buying extras to retire off of, but if I can use those extra ones to offset, trade or outright pay for statues. That's what's going to be done. If you have the means to collect like this why not? I'm not all into the thinking of leaving some for the newbies. I see it as paying your dues to get into this hobby. Most all of us paid our dues. Meaning we paid flipper price to acquire the pieces we missed when we weren't collecting in this statue hobby. No one felt sorry for us and sold that extra Doom PF for anything close resembling MSRP pricing. Like I have this extra Gambit Ex that's going t help me pay for the three DP's I have on order. I call it recycling other collectors money for the benefit of helping my collection grow.

How you collect is your business and no one else's. I am not interested in flipping this piece because I don't have the extra cash right now. When the time comes I will pay for a statue by selling its twin. Just not doing it now

Fair enough ironlung.* I see what your saying and it seems to be a benefit to you so why not.* Obviously when you are collected at the scale you are, with getting 12 statues a year it is important to find an alternate source of income for your hobby. I guess I was viewing more from my end of only buying 2 to 3 statues a year, which is completely manageable for me and I have no desire like I said to get into storing and shipping statues to others.*
You must have an amazing collection to say the least.* Love to see pics sometime.

:goodpost: as a late comer in this hobby I spent an average of 500.00 to 600.00 per statue to get a bunch of the ones I needed. Sometime close to 1000.00 a statue. It is a way to buy and sell for getting some more older statues I need. It really can help the budget. Not much but still better than nothing..

easy for u collectors in Us, we end up paying around 500 for each pf when we order direct from SS, cant even imagine on stocking up on ex for flipping lol

Oh :huh well I waitlisted for them. Hopefully it goes through. Both ship in Nov. Anyone seen shipping updates for these in the newsletters? I haven't... Or I haven't noticed.

easy for u collectors in Us, we end up paying around 500 for each pf when we order direct from SS, cant even imagine on stocking up on ex for flipping lol

:gah: wow I could not afford so many if they start at that price on all new ones. These days they are all increasing to 400.00 to 800.00 in the USA, hate to see what that converts to down there. SS needs to open a factory down there. I guess atnleast SS kept this one at 350.00. I'm really happy they did this. Otherwise I most likely would have passed. Thanks for keeping the price at 350.00 SS. :clap

Back