Premium Format Sideshow Deadpool!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered me the Excl. I always said I would order the Deadpool PF if they ever did one. Can't wait to get him on the shelf.

Sent from my iPhone located on the planet Hoth.

Lol I only know liefeld created him so it's all good. Is he from a comic liefeld drew x force or video game character?

Here is Deadpool's 1st appearence:
deadpool.jpg

However, SSC is a business that doesn't MAKE any money with secondary market sales. With the TBD method of deriving interest the only EXs I have seen with lower ESs are the ones people don't like ... Cough cough Green Lantern .... Cough Vision

Skaar and Colossus had lower ES(both 500) and they were generally well liked.

Yeah ... But do you mind if I ask weren't they POes like last February with Skaars ES always being known?? Since I got into the hobby SSC SEEMS to be judging the interest in a piece BEFORE they put an ES size to it by placing the TBD tag to it, and honestly I think that is just smart on their part. If thy can sell just 1000 more Deadpool statues that is $350 000 MORE dollars they have coming in, and they can gage the interest before they lock down the ES. Do you want to tell me that ANYONE at SSC thought there would still be GL EX statues available almost 2 months after he went up for PO, or that the interest in the Vision PF Ex would only warrant 250 statues? However, by putting the TBD up and judging the interest they may save themselves the headache of having hundreds of statues sitting around collecting dust with no interest in their purchase (cough cough Lion O cough)

Yeah ... But do you mind if I ask weren't they POes like last February with Skaars ES always being known?? Since I got into the hobby SSC SEEMS to be judging the interest in a piece BEFORE they put an ES size to it by placing the TBD tag to it, and honestly I think that is just smart on their part. If thy can sell just 1000 more Deadpool statues that is $350 000 MORE dollars they have coming in, and they can gage the interest before they lock down the ES. Do you want to tell me that ANYONE at SSC thought there would still be GL EX statues available almost 2 months after he went up for PO, or that the interest in the Vision PF Ex would only warrant 250 statues? However, by putting the TBD up and judging the interest they may save themselves the headache of having hundreds of statues sitting around collecting dust with no interest in their purchase (cough cough Lion O cough)

that's why sideshow went with the TBDs & NRDs. too many people would cancel once the ES was announced and it wasn't low enough for them, sticking sideshow with extra stuff in the warehouse

You make good business points. However I would contest that these are the exact same business plans the entire comic industry used in the 90's. More interest for limited ed covers and number 1 books? Just make more and everyone can get them and we make more. It devalued everything collectors were collecting and it damn near killed the entire industry. Some people bought comics to read others bought to invest. Most of us I think bought for both. This hobby is no different.

You make good business points. However I would contest that these are the exact same business plans the entire comic industry used in the 90's. More interest for limited ed covers and number 1 books? Just make more and everyone can get them and we make more. It devalued everything collectors were collecting and it damn near killed the entire industry. Some people bought comics to read others bought to invest. Most of us I think bought for both. This hobby is no different.

Okay, I do get what you are saying, but we are talking a about an ENTIRELY different level. 9500 per statue compared to 2 000 000 per issue of a comic.

Okay, I do get what you are saying, but we are talking a about an ENTIRELY different level. 9500 per statue compared to 2 000 000 per issue of a comic.

Have to look at popularity too. $3.00 comic vs. 400.00 statue. People can afford comics I suspect. The question is that if hypothetically, the could make 2 million statues and there were 2 million buyers lining up would sideshow sell out or say sorry we won't make 2 million statue just for the sake of profit. Think that was his thinking.

I agree its on a much different level. Which is I think why they need to be VERY careful here. This market is immensely smaller than that market so a tiny change can make an even bigger difference. The percentage of change is really what matters when talking about the 2 in a comparison.

Some of these runs have been 100% more pieces than you saw in the past. That's a drastic difference.

I guess what I would prefer is different variants more than just one big TBD run. The EX runs need to be small still IMO. This gives the collectors a value rising incentive for ordering early. Putting up a deposit.

The Hulk poly is a great example of variety. Green, Red, Grey. This is a way to keep down costs but give collectors different things. That being said 1750 Red hulks is still too many IMO. Im not sure how many Grey are coming but im sure it will be too many as well. When you have 3 variants that is.

This seems to have started with Rogue. The TBA stuff. And look. They are now selling that statue at a large discount because there are too many (for many reasons). But because they made too many they have now decreased the Rogues value to everyone that bought one. I also wonder if that's part of why many of the rogues were so shotty. because they felt the need to rush a larger run out.

This is the kind of stuff that has many people leaving a hobby. I know its why me and most if not all of my friends stopped collecting comics and cards so much in the 1990's. This is why a masterpiece card set from 1996 is so valuable. No one was buying comic cards anymore so they didnt make a ton of them. They actually became rare or limited.

Anyway i'm not saying its going to happen tomorrow or this year. But SS and other companies need to be very careful with this. Its a collecting hobby. People collect for several reasons and if you take one of the big reasons away it hurts everyone.

I agree its on a much different level. Which is I think why they need to be VERY careful here. This market is immensely smaller than that market so a tiny change can make an even bigger difference. The percentage of change is really what matters when talking about the 2 in a comparison.

Some of these runs have been 100% more pieces than you saw in the past. That's a drastic difference.

I guess what I would prefer is different variants more than just one big TBD run. The EX runs need to be small still IMO. This gives the collectors a value rising incentive for ordering early. Putting up a deposit.

The Hulk poly is a great example of variety. Green, Red, Grey. This is a way to keep down costs but give collectors different things. That being said 1750 Red hulks is still too many IMO. Im not sure how many Grey are coming but im sure it will be too many as well. When you have 3 variants that is.

This seems to have started with Rogue. The TBA stuff. And look. They are now selling that statue at a large discount because there are too many (for many reasons). But because they made too many they have now decreased the Rogues value to everyone that bought one. I also wonder if that's part of why many of the rogues were so shotty. because they felt the need to rush a larger run out.

This is the kind of stuff that has many people leaving a hobby. I know its why me and most if not all of my friends stopped collecting comics and cards so much in the 1990's. This is why a masterpiece card set from 1996 is so valuable. No one was buying comic cards anymore so they didnt make a ton of them. They actually became rare or limited.

Anyway i'm not saying its going to happen tomorrow or this year. But SS and other companies need to be very careful with this. Its a collecting hobby. People collect for several reasons and if you take one of the big reasons away it hurts everyone.

:clap:exactly: I agree bro! SS will kill thier own statues with the no ES and sooner or later I waiting for a big discount on no ES statues! Same can happen with the huge massive DC ES statues!

The ONLY reason I would pick this up would be to flip it in the future. I have NO connection to Deadpool, but the statue looks good to me, even if the pose is a bit bland.

Man all you guys looking to buy this just to flip will be disappointed. This is not the old days anymore.

1) It cost $375 shipped, + 10% ebay/paypal fees = $420 as your cost basis, $50 profit will put you at $475, look around...how many new pf statues actually sold for $475+? Not to mention all the risk of damage selling such a large thing.

2) The reg will pretty much be guaranteed to be in stock for a very long time, so people may willing to pay more for ex chicken, but it will never go much higher than retail given the reg is in stock for $350.

3) ES is a lot higher nowdays, for a niche character like this guy, probably a 300 ES in the old days, now expect at least 750

It's really a bad idea to buy those $350 pf to flip...unless it's one of those very popular characters with a must have ex...

Batman will be the tell tale sign really. If he sells out we will know the drill. Also, I think they are hoping he will bring a whole new set of collectors

Batman will be the tell tale sign really. If he sells out we will know the drill. Also, I think they are hoping he will bring a whole new set of collectors

I also think because of the huge ES for Batman, we'll get a very clear idea on the QA/QC capabilities for large runs. I really hope they don't get overwhelmed with Batman and send him out with flaws.

I also think because of the huge ES for Batman, we'll get a very clear idea on the QA/QC capabilities for large runs. I really hope they don't get overwhelmed with Batman and send him out with flaws.

You are right on that. Thats really the ONE they cant afford to send out shotty.

Man all you guys looking to buy this just to flip will be disappointed. This is not the old days anymore.

1) It cost $375 shipped, + 10% ebay/paypal fees = $420 as your cost basis, $50 profit will put you at $475, look around...how many new pf statues actually sold for $475+? Not to mention all the risk of damage selling such a large thing.

2) The reg will pretty much be guaranteed to be in stock for a very long time, so people may willing to pay more for ex chicken, but it will never go much higher than retail given the reg is in stock for $350.

3) ES is a lot higher nowdays, for a niche character like this guy, probably a 300 ES in the old days, now expect at least 750

It's really a bad idea to buy those $350 pf to flip...unless it's one of those very popular characters with a must have ex...

So I guess you MISSED the post I wrote like four posts after this when I said I WASN'T going to buy this at all, and I wouldn't even if I knew it would be huge in the after market???

:lecture:clap:exactly:

Have to look at popularity too. $3.00 comic vs. 400.00 statue. People can afford comics I suspect. The question is that if hypothetically, the could make 2 million statues and there were 2 million buyers lining up would sideshow sell out or say sorry we won't make 2 million statue just for the sake of profit. Think that was his thinking.

SSC knows what they are doing. Do you really think they couldn't sell more Batman EX statues? They set the limit at 2000 for the EX after 4 or 5 days. Demand is there for more. Just look at the amount of peeps here that are sorry they couldn't score the EX. If SSC would have left the Batman EX PO up for a month, do you really think they would have had an ES of only 2000 for the EX? Sideshow does limit the amount of pieces they sell. Sure they want to make money but they are aware that these are limited collectibles. They built their business on this practice.

It's the open ES that I have a huge problem with. However, it seems that SSC is tagging very pricey pieces with open ES. The LSF pieces, the Hulk and Galactus maquettes, etc.... This is something I can live with because I generally don't collect those pieces. However, if they start doing this with the standard Com or PF, that will be the end of me purchasing any more SSC pieces.

- Very few statues have announced ES (Skaar) or ES Quickly posted (Droids). Those are exceptions, not the rule.

- Most statues, nearly all PFs, have ES based on the orders. Hence, 250 Visions (low orders), 750 Rogues (lota orders), 2000 Batmans (wow)

- Even with high ES, if the demand is there for that sculpt or character (or winning combo of both), the high ES isn't as big a deal. There's 2000 Vader EXs. Good luck getting one nowadays at s decent price. Batman and Ivy will be no different. And you'd be hard pressed to find a Joker EX that's not at least $100 over retail even now.

- Most statues aren't that popular though. Another reason for the TBD.

- For those talking about quitting due to high ES (not pointing any particular fingers here), you're going to quit for some reason sooner or later anyway. Collecting anything is about passion for the product. If you buy a Deadpool or Skaar and don't know the character, you're more likely to abandon it because there's no real connection with what you have beyond knowing not that many people have it. If the passion is just having something limited, that can be transferred to anything. If we relate that to comics, yes many people stopped collecting comics in the 90s once that bubble burst and the holofoil chromed out variants were worth crap. But then there's the people who actually read them and enjoyed the characters beyond that period. Not much different here, just higher prices. Those who enjoy the characters and/or love the sculptural art form will be around for the long haul while the 2-3 year fad collectors will sell all their stuff and find something else to do.

Does a not over-retail value Stormtrooper affect me wanting one? No, but it means I can make getting one a low priority, and probably find one for cheaper than retail for a long time. Sometimes we jump the gun as collectors though, all statues are not treated the same by SSC. It's incredibly rare a PF is open ES. Let's not act like that's a norm.

Deadpool EX 500-750.

SSC knows what they are doing. Do you really think they couldn't sell more Batman EX statues? They set the limit at 2000 for the EX after 4 or 5 days. Demand is there for more. Just look at the amount of peeps here that are sorry they couldn't score the EX. If SSC would have left the Batman EX PO up for a month, do you really think they would have had an ES of only 2000 for the EX? Sideshow does limit the amount of pieces they sell. Sure they want to make money but they are aware that these are limited collectibles. They built their business on this practice.

It's the open ES that I have a huge problem with. However, it seems that SSC is tagging very pricey pieces with open ES. The LSF pieces, the Hulk and Galactus maquettes, etc.... This is something I can live with because I generally don't collect those pieces. However, if they start doing this with the standard Com or PF, that will be the end of me purchasing any more SSC pieces.

Oh I know thwey could sellmore easily. I am aware that SS I am sure has a formula they use to figure out their target ES for a specific line. They also know they are dealling with a bunch of die hard ES weenies on here. lol. That is and has been a big part of SSC business model for years but your right, the whole open ES thing is not something I like either but I won't stop collecting because of it. I love it too much.

I have only recently become involved in this hobby, heck I haven’t even received my first statue so I by no means claim to be an expert when it comes to this hobby. Having said that, I have seen this issue come up before and all I ever think when I see this is how there are so many better ways to invest than with statues.I mean is it really worth it to pay the shipping an such on a statue then have to store it somewhere for at least a few years to let the value possibly rise to then make $200 maybe $300 dollars. If you put a dollar a day away for that time you would have that money and not have to then worry about packing and shipping a statue.* There are obviously some pieces that seem to rise in value fast like the joker ex pf.* That piece also proves that edition size doesn’t matter if demand in there.* People I am sure lost their mind when they saw a 1250 es of the Joker EX and look at what some people on this board have been paying for it despite regs still being available at retail.*
I am a firm believer in buy what you like. Yes its good for it to hold its value but to expect it to be worth way more so soon is unlikely. Having said that in time many pieces will go up in value.* This Deadpool piece for example might not be worth much next year but in say 5 years when maybe a movie comes out or new collectors start getting in the hobby and start hunting for old pieces, this thing will start to go up.

Back