Premium Format Sideshow Deadpool!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally agree. Now if you don't mind me asking.. Is it overspray.. Or something that came off the wax paper???

Yeah, I'm confused on the overspray comment as well... there is some varying paint that is there for shading etc. Are you talking about the shiney part from the wax or something else?

Oversparay is a common thing with paint. Its the bubbles that need to me sanded smooth. If youve ever had a car painted, its the "orange peel" .

Sideshow just got back to me. Two options(three really), take a credit for $45 or $35 refund, or full return. They are out of replacements. This blows too. Its my first pf . I would take the credit, but can only use it on future orders, not current. Im really considering returning it. If I can get them to apply credit to an existing order, ill keep him.

Last edited:
Oversparay is a common thing with paint. Its the bubbles that need to me sanded smooth. If youve ever had a car painted, its the "orange peel" .

Sideshow just got back to me. Two options(three really), take a credit for $45 or $35 refund, or full return. They are out of replacements. This blows too. Its my first pf . I would take the credit, but can only use it on future orders, not current. Im really considering returning it. If I can get them to apply credit to an existing order, ill keep him.

That's BS. I think if you push it they'll allow you to put the credit on an existing order. Keep at it. I remember they once offered me a coupon that could only be used on gift card eligible crap...I talked them into turning that into a refund.

I'm scared that they're already running out of replacements. I have a bad feeling there will be no more EX bases for me...

Well yeah should we be thankful to them for putting us through the charade all the time? I mean I can't bull**** about it. They replaced that but I'm still stuck with a dented in base. Yeah its negativity but the facts are what they are. Patience wears thin when it happens to you everytime thats all

That must be a new rule. I've gotten credit for statues before and applied that to one of my current orders. I've also applied it to a new order and you still have to pay the NRD.

That must be a new rule. I've gotten credit for statues before and applied that to one of my current orders. I've also applied it to a new order and you still have to pay the NRD.

I think it's like any other business...they come in with their lowest offer and see if the customer bites.

Well yeah should we be thankful to them for putting us through the charade all the time? I mean I can't bull**** about it. They replaced that but I'm still stuck with a dented in base. Yeah its negativity but the facts are what they are. Patience wears thin when it happens to you everytime thats all

I just meant complaining that it took less than 2 weeks for you to get a replacement part just seems a bit over the top. Seems like a decent turn-around time to me I mean it probably took 5 days for it to ship, take out the weekends when they aren't open and it took them 5 days to answer your email and send the replacement.

As for the dented base, something should be done about it for sure if it's damaged. The other guy that had the dented base posted a pic and it was clearly concave in the middle. From what I remember on yours, you said that the foot wasn't touching the base completely, and said you thought yours was dented too. Not sure if it is or not cause I haven't seen pics of it, but it sounds like a different problem than the other guy's, as his was in the middle of the base and quite big. It could be that on yours it's not dented at all, but that they let the resin cool to fast before setting into the proper footing. Using a hair dryer to heat the leg and squeezing gently should fix that pretty qucik... then hold it in place and let it cool. I've had to do that with several statues in the past (Not Sideshow) where the foot peg wouldn't fit cause it was misaligned.

Oh no the foot fits in fine. The dents in the middle. But as in your issue too B. I wouldn't want them to ship me a red bottomed base so. . . I mean I knew the risks before pre ordering it a year ago but still get frustrated. Its a great piece for those that got a good one. I hope everyones issues get resolved. Theres still some regulars in stock at BBTS if that helps anyone

Ok just got my care kit from sideshow. Opened it up and im pretty skeptical this is gonna take the shine out of the paint that the wax paper left. But well see I prob cant do it tonight but ill keep you guys posted.

Oh no the foot fits in fine. The dents in the middle. But as in your issue too B. I wouldn't want them to ship me a red bottomed base so. . . I mean I knew the risks before pre ordering it a year ago but still get frustrated. Its a great piece for those that got a good one. I hope everyones issues get resolved. Theres still some regulars in stock at BBTS if that helps anyone

Yeah, I am still waiting for a resolution. I haven't had to destroy either base yet.

Got my Deadpool EX yesterday :yess:...He's perfect! The paint-app is awesome! Ordered day one...Happy I did!...The sculpt is really magnificent! I've loved Deadpool since I was a kid...and This statue represents him really well...Good stuff SSC! :clap

Well I finally got my Deadpool Ex today (darn late flexpay final pymt) and I guess I'm one of the lucky ones with no major issues! :pray: the only thing I could find were a few light scratches on the base, and I hear something rattling inside it. Not sure what it could be, but I'm okay with it. Awesome statue! Can't wait to set it up over the weekend

Got my Deadpool EX yesterday :yess:...He's perfect! The paint-app is awesome! Ordered day one...Happy I did!...The sculpt is really magnificent! I've loved Deadpool since I was a kid...and This statue represents him really well...Good stuff SSC! :clap

Congrats guys glad to see some more positive results. It is awesome.

Replacement GOLD base has been set aside for me...confirmed today by SS.

Sending the wrong one back to them.

I can almost rest easy...

Back