Sideshow DC Products?!?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They might be high end, but I don't know if I would really call them high quality. Even the Buck body everyone hates is better than the DCD 13" bodies.

There would be a few piceces I could go for if they are done right, Batman, WW, Harley Quinn, Joker just to name a few

If this happens its a dream come true for me. I'll take a Justice League PF collection please.
Batman
Green Lantern
Flash
Superman
Wonder Woman

I doubt we'd see SSC or Hot toys 1/6th either, but I don't think it's impossible. Hot Toys produces film license figures and they are sold with the DC logo through Diamond Distributors in the USA. I don't think it's likely that SSC or any other manufacturer starts producing comic versions of characters, but it's certainly possible. Hot Toys got their foot in the door with the film figures for the Asian market and that could happen with another type of figure or product line. I could well imagine Hot Toys with a 12" figure license for comic properties in limited regional release and something could take off from there. Well, it's something to hope for anyway.

This would be amazing if Sideshow could get the rights I would love PF's, dioramas, comiquettes, life-size busts. I mean the possiblites would be endless so come on Sideshow please make this happen.

IF and this is a big IF, DCD decides to outsource their 1:6 endeavors it'll go to HT. SSC is barely in the 1:6 market really and they've already got a relationship via their film properties. If it happens it'll be like Hasbro's deal with SSC where its a lease kind of thing and it'll be allocated to be sold only in the International Market like the TDK figures with the imports coming through Diamond to be sold under the DC Direct label as the film properties are currently doing.

If SSC gets products I look for them to take on Statues and Busts and maybe the Replicas aspect of it.

If I could get a Sideshow Green Lantern PF given the same kind of TLC they've given their Marvel products I'd be an amazingly happy collector.

Blasphemy. :lol

I'll take Bats first but only like this:

green-lantern-batman1.jpg

The biggie is going to be whose artwork to base them on.
As far as representing certain characters, Alex Ross has nailed a lot of the big characters in a way that would look good in solid sculpt, and I would love to see some decent 1/6 statues or dio's of either 'Kingdom Come' or 'Justice' characters similar to the DCD action figures.

The biggie is going to be whose artwork to base them on.
As far as representing certain characters, Alex Ross has nailed a lot of the big characters in a way that would look good in solid sculpt, and I would love to see some decent 1/6 statues or dio's of either 'Kingdom Come' or 'Justice' characters similar to the DCD action figures.

I would be really excited to see (and buy) SideShow products based on Ross' interpretations of the DC characters.

Odds are that they try to do a bland vanilla styling of each character. The DCD 13" line tried to use Ross as its base for a lot of the first few offerings and some worked and some didn't. My guess is that their sculptors would look at a lot of Ross' work as well as other artists who have a more realistic styling and just go from there.

That is a big IF someone else got them.

Man... this would be a dream !

My favorite company with my favorite company !!!! :rock

Imagine the possibilities ! Just the PF's alone would make me happy !

But how feasible is it ?

PF's - Done by DC Direct
1/6 scale Done by DC Direct (kinda)
LSB - Done by DC Direct
Dioramas - Done by DC Direct

But...

Let Sideshow do them right !!! PRICELESS

It should be noted that DCD started most of those lines after Sideshow had been doing them with Marvel. Except the 1:6 of course which Sideshow has never done

Back